Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Laffin' again....you guys are stand-up comics. Poor Tanner's got a busted scope and we're making jokes!

Nice guys, huh?
NO,I am covered,
I offered to loan him a scope....

Last edited by rifle; 08/17/12.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I know....I'm gonna go look at Vince's knives! grin

That guy has cost me money along with a new form of OCD. All kidding aside, he is a great guy to deal with and knows his stuff about all things sharp.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Vince is the best in the Classifieds!

Rifle, if Tanner does not take the scope, you can send it here... grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had a 2.5X loopy compact take a dump, the stadia wire on the wide duplex broke. I just sent it to Oregon and asked for a heavy duplex, which i should have gotten to begin with, we'll see what happens.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dropped off two 6x42 for hazy/cloudy internal lenses.

So far Leupold has struck out...

1. Left the factory with crud on the internal lenses. How these made it past QC is beyond me.
2. First attempt by Leupold to fix = failed.
3. Next attempt to fix = failed.
4. Just the other day I showed the problem to 2 more techs, this being the 3rd time returning the scopes. They said that the problem was likely due to the fact that the objective lenses are an assembly and the residue is inside the assembly.

I also got M1 elevation turrets added and really like the 6x42 but its a little discouraging that these scopes left the factory in the first place. And the film/residue is visible to the naked eye so no excuses for not getting them fixed the first time.

Not feeling much confidence in Leupold, but willing to give them one last shot only because I can't find another 6x I like as well. The last two techs I met really did understand the problem and hopefully we'll get this fixed.

Last edited by 4th_point; 08/17/12.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
S&B is getting up there in Hensoldt $$$$ territory. S&B is good...but not that good.

Tanner Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I like the scope plenty and will use it as long as it works. When I decide to get a S&B, I'll sell my truck and PM Dave.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
S&B is getting up there in Hensoldt $$$$ territory. S&B is good...but not that good.

Yes it is, I own both. They don't break either.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tanner,

The correct answer is to hang a 30 ounce piece of schit off the top of your Kimber, making it balance really nicely and not be in the least big awkward.

Anything other than a S&B is worthless, and will break as soon as you tighten down the mounts.

Now that you are making all this money in college and have so much disposable income for ridiculously expensive scopes, maybe you can afford to have a gunbearer pack around your needlessly heavy rifle.

If I've missed anything else from this thread, please let me know.

Yours Truly,
Billy

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I own both as well, and the S&B's image doesn't quite "pop" out like the Hensoldt does.

IC B3

Tanner Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Schit, I'll just drop out and use my tuition $$ to put Hennys on all my light rifles! laugh

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tanner
Schit, I'll just drop out and use my tuition $$ to put Hennys on all my light rifles! laugh

....uh...no

Finish your degree, and when the economy collapses fill the back of a dump truck full of worthless currency and go buy your first Hensoldt; prolly not a penny over 2.5 Million.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tanner
I like the scope plenty and will use it as long as it works. When I decide to get a S&B, I'll sell my truck and PM Dave.

Any time I can be of help.
Just ask.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I dropped off two 6x42 for hazy/cloudy internal lenses.

So far Leupold has struck out...

1. Left the factory with crud on the internal lenses. How these made it past QC is beyond me.
2. First attempt by Leupold to fix = failed.
3. Next attempt to fix = failed.
4. Just the other day I showed the problem to 2 more techs, this being the 3rd time returning the scopes. They said that the problem was likely due to the fact that the objective lenses are an assembly and the residue is inside the assembly.

I also got M1 elevation turrets added and really like the 6x42 but its a little discouraging that these scopes left the factory in the first place. And the film/residue is visible to the naked eye so no excuses for not getting them fixed the first time.

Not feeling much confidence in Leupold, but willing to give them one last shot only because I can't find another 6x I like as well. The last two techs I met really did understand the problem and hopefully we'll get this fixed.

Seems like i've heard that before.
In fact i've heard it so often that......
[Linked Image]

dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Anything other than a S&B is worthless.
Yours Truly,
Billy

+1
Now your getten it.

dave

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm sure s&b is good glass. I've used one once or twice shootin with a friend. It seemed great other than the reticle I hated..looked like somethin you'd find in the bat mobile. Lines and crap everywhere.

That said tryin to give a sales pitch for s&b to a first year college student is beyond dumbazz......now tell him his truck is a pos and he needs a Lexus

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
i'll bet more game in the U.S. has been kilt with leupold scopes than all other brands combined

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leupold failures? So common it is no secret at all. Most people that actually shoot rifles a lot as in benchrest will not be quiet on this subject of Leupold failures. It always comes down to the same old thing that Leupold refuses to address. Spring failure on the erector tube. That's why Cecil Tucker has been doing a spring up grade for years. I'm sure for anyone that has ever seen a Nightforce scope and wondered what that spring housing on the scope was for, now has and answer.

I was a long time advocate of Leupold since the early 70's. I no long recommend them to anybody. I had one conk out on me on a Yukon river hunt. I still have a goodly number of these Leupold scopes, they are slowly getting sold or traded off.

I don't want to hear anybodies BS about how clear they are. I don't care, if a scope lags after the adjustment or does not hold zero, you can put it where the sun don't shine. There is only one scope out there I have full faith in nowadays and that is Sightron. S&B is so highly priced I no longer recommend, great scope but when they exceed the price of the rifle, they leave most people out in the cold.

"Sightron IS THE ONLY SCOPE THAT HAS LICKED THE ERECTOR TUBE PROBLEM"

I could careless what your opinions are about the scopes on your closet Queens, Go to the range and try to square a target. If you have a Leupold that will square the target, you are past lucky.

The only Leupold you can trust are the modified Tucker scopes. This also screws your warranty.

JUST WAIT TILL YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE SCOPES FAIL ON YOU ON A HUNT OR AT A MATCH.

3sixbits

dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave,

The problem with the 6x42 from S&B is the eye relief... 3.14". Not enough for my lightweight 300 Win Mag that kicks like a mule. Not sure the S&B is up to par optically with the Kahles CL I was using either.

So, S&B doesn't do me any good with their 6x42.

Do you work for S&B? What's the logic with the short eye relief? I'd welcome some feedback on this from someone that works for them.

J

Last edited by 4th_point; 08/17/12.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Amazing......an adolescent fray's a gina string and views go to 1000's in hours. Katy Perry stuff grin

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.