Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Hi everyone;
actually, I am not angry(angry beaver) I am calm & happy, should have put "happy beaver". I do have a question, but since this is my 1st post, a little about me as I think most of you are guys.
I grew up in an outdoorsmen family, my dad & brothers avid hunters & hikers.
So I learned to shoot very young, and pretty much kept up with the boys.

I can girly it up with the best of the glamour queens, but not often, just not my nature, not a fru-fru princess, and the greatest compliment I get is that I look beautiful climbing out of my sleeping bag in the morning, no makeup needed, a "natural". I like to go au' natural, especially when in the woods, very nice to have a cool October breeze rushing around your special places.
My face & body have graced the pages of many sporting catalogs.
I play hard and am an "adrenaline junkie"...so I am not afraid of recoil, big guns and enjoy a good thump!

Now,my question, I am looking for a good DG rifle and have narrowed it down to a few, and I realize they are not all at the same price point, but close enough and each within my means, saving here or there do not matter...so I would appreciate you boys giving it to me straight, as objective as you can be WITHOUT your own bias or budget getting in the way, please & thank-you!
I am open to either .375 H&H or .416 Rigby or Rem. and do hand-load with my bros., so ammo cost not so much an issue.

Rifles & make do matter more, to me.
It's between CZ 550 Kevlar stock w/ the AHR "CZ upgrade #2";
the Sako 85 "Hunter"; Montana Rifle Co. DG PH rifle; and last and probably least, The FN Win. M70.
The CZ is offered in both .375 H&H and .416 Rigby;
the Sako in .375 H&H only; the Montana DG rifle in .416 Rigby (non .375)
and the Win.M70 in both .375 H&H or .416 Remington Magnum.
The CZ mag. can hold 5x .375 but only 3x .416 Rigby...and the Montana Rifle co. DG can hold a whopping 5x .416 Rigby.

So many choices, what is a girl to do, lol? blush
Thanks boys wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What the hell do ya plan on huntin, buffalo, seriously, I would just get a 300 win mag and call it a day for anything in the continental US

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmmm.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something smells fishy, no pun intended. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like fish, as long as it ain't halibut sized

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sig45elite/Bullets4yogi

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by angrybeaver
I look beautiful climbing out of my sleeping bag in the morning, no makeup needed, a "natural".

I like to go au' natural, especially when in the woods, very nice to have a cool October breeze rushing around your special places.

I play hard and am an "adrenaline junkie"...so I am not afraid of recoil, big guns and enjoy a good thump!

Beautiful nekkid women with big guns are always welcome around the campfire.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Evening Mam

My mother told me to never ask a lady her age or weight. So I'll split the difference and won't ask your age. Also how tall are you? I have no need to know but these are something to consider.
I have an eight pound 375 Whelen that my large friends (250 lbs to 350lbs), having fired it once, want nothing to do with it. That 375 Whelen has a right snappy recoil. I, at 180 pounds get pushed back and the heavy guys get to absorb all of the recoil due to thier mass. They really don't like my 405 Winchester in a model 95.
Will you have this rifle customized to suit your size and height?
Nothing more frustraiting then trying to practice with a rifle that's beating the fire out of you.

Jim

Last edited by arkypete; 08/20/12.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Pics or you didn't happen.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
DFTFT

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Something smells fishy, no pun intended. wink

+1.... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ok I'll bite. Is this a Miranda Lambert song. I'm goin home gona get my shotgun he anit seen crazy yet, Im gonna show him what little girls are made of, GUN POWDER and LEAD!!! Anyways welcom. Shoot a rifle that you can shoot very well what ever cartridge. What my bros. and sisis can do dosen't mean noyhin what I can do. As stated PICTURES!!!!!...later

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Welcome to the fire.

All I wanna know is where do you go camping?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm still waiting on pics...because we know it didn't happen if we don't have pics..... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm witholding judgement till Travis gives the official word

laugh

A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by arkypete
Evening Mam

My mother told me to never ask a lady her age or weight. So I'll split the difference and won't ask your age. Also how tall are you? I have no need to know but these are something to consider.
I have an eight pound 375 Whelen that my large friends (250 lbs to 350lbs), having fired it once, want nothing to do with it. That 375 Whelen has a right snappy recoil. I, at 180 pounds get pushed back and the heavy guys get to absorb all of the recoil due to thier mass. They really don't like my 405 Winchester in a model 95.
Will you have this rifle customized to suit your size and height?
Nothing more frustraiting then trying to practice with a rifle that's beating the fire out of you.

Jim

Well thank you, at least one gentleman here?

YES...family & friends guns, no problem, ready to step up and need to for DG, don't trust no 30-06 though any CNS will end a fight, I know.
I am 30, 5'5" & weigh 124 neeked, firm & fit.
I know that big strong guys have much more trouble with recoil than I...they try to fight it, bully it ,macho man stuff. No, you must flow, go with it, let your body roll with they wave and like Akido, redirect, yep, weight forward, for sure, stock firmly planted, exhale-sgueeze-flow with it.
I plan to shoot some big tasty critters, some that like to eat me (other than men)
In other words, DG, mostly here in N.A., but would not rule out Africa someday, which in the end, I may get both calibers, the .375 for this continent and the .416 for the "Dark Continent".

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
As te saying goes---this is worthless without pictures

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Our first trollette?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by angrybeaver
I look beautiful climbing out of my sleeping bag in the morning, no makeup needed, a "natural".

I like to go au' natural, especially when in the woods, very nice to have a cool October breeze rushing around your special places.

Beautiful nekkid women with big guns are always welcome around the campfire.

Thank you, your sweet.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fulla more schit than a Xmas goose, new troll!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,524
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.