-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My darling bride of 11 years, who has always been gun friendly and more-than-decent shot, finally took the plunge. Last week she registered for a CCW course. Over the weekend we had a fun range session and she absolutely loved shooting the Glock 19. Looks like we have to get her one of her own and join the range.

She took the CCW course yesterday, her first exposure to formal firearms training, and loved it, loved the people. Today, as we jumped in her Jeep for an errand she looked down at the floor and noticed a shiny object. She pointed and asked, "what's that?" My identification of the object as "a spent .22 casing that followed you home from the range, welcome to the gun culture" was met with a wide grin.

I knew I had a keeper when she wanted to go muskie fishing on our honeymoon. It just keeps getting better.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think you married well!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes he did! Congrats!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
very nice. congrats.

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey, long may you both RUN !

...What kinda' rifle will the Lady Fair be starting with ?

(Tech tip, ....Ladies and Lever Guns are always compatible)

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank you all for the kind words.

GTC, you definitely have your finger on something. M'lady is hankerin' to get out and shoot the 1950 Model 94 I just acquired. Like most of us she enjoys plinking with .22's and punching holes in paper with AR's.

The past few years we haven't been out shooting near as much as we'd like for the usual reasons: work, home improvements, etc. That is now happily changing for the better with a new range opening 15 minutes away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just went through a similar spell,......busy on a new home place, and involved in other things,.....

Ya' don't realize what you've been missing, 'til again fully immersed. I've spent more hours on our range tractor this year than mine here at home,.....and have been burning LOTS more powder. The Campfire Shoots are a real hoot, I'm hoping to do another one, muy pronto.

Alla' the gals that get a hold of my old scoped 39A don't want to give it back, but that's Ok,....I've got other .22s.

Best regards,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The biggest problem when the wife joins the gun culture is that it will cut down on available funding for your own purchases. My wife has bought more guns in the past two years than I have.

On the other hand it's really nice to hear, "Hey. Want to go to the range?" on a slow Saturday afternoon.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That's awesome

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
The biggest problem when the wife joins the gun culture is that it will cut down on available funding for your own purchases. My wife has bought more guns in the past two years than I have.

On the other hand it's really nice to hear, "Hey. Want to go to the range?" on a slow Saturday afternoon.

My darling bride ( and new shooting partner of 3 years )
has even said," We should look into buying some land for our own range."

We are going to Virginia soon and she is as excited as I am to visit the National Firearms Museum and take a couple guns to the NRA's 50 yard range!

I hope the brass catcher and case for the new PS 90 arrive today.
We'll be poppin off a lot more 5.7's!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
great news

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OUTSTANDING Sir, and CONGRATULATIONS to the lady. Mine has been a shooter for over 40 years and it the way it should be.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Originally Posted by MichiganScott

My darling bride ( and new shooting partner of 3 years )
has even said," We should look into buying some land for our own range."

We are going to Virginia soon and she is as excited as I am to visit the National Firearms Museum and take a couple guns to the NRA's 50 yard range!

I hope the brass catcher and case for the new PS 90 arrive today.
We'll be poppin off a lot more 5.7's!

There is a pretty nice range a little further on down the mtns near Paint Bank on Potts Mtn in the National forest.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well folks, it's been a full day. The missus was online checking out female carry options and emailing me links to check out.

Over lunch we went out and got her a new Glock 19 (Gen 4) with Trijicon night sights, just like she wanted. I was a bit surprised to learn that it was her first gun ever. While waiting on the NICS check and the sight installation, she carefully perused the gun store, checking things out, asking questions here and there.

When we got home she turned to me as we were getting out of the car and said "After this you don't need to buy me another present in my life." I didn't ask her to put it in writing. I did say, "I know what to get you for Christmas." She smiled back, "Ammo," and we shared a good laugh.

After dinner, she read the manual and then did the basic gun tear down. I instructed her on cleaning & lubrication and she did it all, reassembling the pistol herself.

Then it was time to load the magazines, which she did. "Okay, time to load it up," I said and she got real quiet, plainly concerned. "Can't I just put in my nightstand in it's case and load it when I need it." Softly, I said, "Hon, there won't be time. If you need it, you'll be under stress and it just needs to be ready to go." She nodded and loaded it up, slid one into the chamber and topped off the mag. Off to the night stand she went.

After washing her makeup off before bedtime, she said "it was at the point when I loaded it I realized exactly what kind of capability I had in my hands." I let her know that I understood and actually felt the same way the first time I put a loaded gun in my night stand many years ago. We talked a bit about that and the responsibility that comes with it and the feelings I had the first time I carried.

It's clear she's very serious and confident in her decision to have applied for the CCW permit and to take this new direction. I am glad we're doing it together.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,708
Posts18,513,904
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.