-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only problem I have with the idea is that Oswald, if he indeed was the shooter, passed up a much easier shot moments before when the car was coming directly at him.
Why wait for a left to right, down hill and curving away.
For me that the hardest kind of shot to make.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Raisuli

It doesn't make sense to you because it doesn't comport with what you want to believe is true. I do not know if a supervisor was even on scene when Oswald was arrested. And there is no way in hell I will believe any cop, regardless of rank, is going to facilitate the escape of a murderer of a brother officer. That is stuff of fallacy and fantasy. It just wouldn't have nor will it ever happen. Period. End of story.

Moreover, your thesis doesn't make sense because if a Dallas supervisor facilitated the escape of a murderer of one of his brother officers, it would mean that that supervisor was in on the conspiracy. That I do not believe.
When you speak of policemen, you come across as naive to the point of being childlike. Have you seen the movie, based on the real story, Serpico? Police corruption is, and always has been, extremely common. In Serpico, his corrupt partners arranged for him to be killed by a drug dealer.

TRH,

You can allege I am naive, but to believe what you want me to believe would mean that Dallas PD was in on the conspiracy. That I do not believe.

Here is what I do know is factual: there is an inverse correlation between number of conspirators and ability conceal a conspiracy. The more people who know what happened the less secure the secret.

You gotta get beyond Serpico. It was a film with elaborate use of artistic license. To extrapolate from a single movie pandemic corruption is, well, naive.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
TRH,

When did all the players in the JFK murder get together to plan the conspiracy? How did they factor in the murder of a cop? When were the arresting officers brought into the scheme? After the murder of one of their brother officers but before they arrested the murderer? Does this make sense to you?

Last edited by Raisuli; 09/20/12.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

TRH,

You can allege I am naive, but to believe what you want me to believe would mean that Dallas PD was in on the conspiracy. That I do not believe.

Here is what I do know is factual: there is an inverse correlation between number of conspirators and ability conceal a conspiracy. The more people who know what happened the less secure the secret.
Ethan Edwards mentioned "compartmentalization." That's an important concept that you seem to be missing. The entire force doesn't need to be in on anything. One or two high level guys need to be only. All the rest, but perhaps one or two, are following orders to get the bad guy.

You gotta get beyond Serpico. It was a film with elaborate use of artistic license. To extrapolate from a single movie pandemic corruption is, well, naive.
I'm afraid you're mistaken. The man is still alive and well today, and occasionally does interviews. He says that, if anything, the movie understated the extent of the corruption in the NYPD.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It doesn't make sense to you because it doesn't comport with what you want to believe is true. I do not know if a supervisor was even on scene when Oswald was arrested. And there is no way in hell I will believe any cop, regardless of rank, is going to facilitate the escape of a murderer of a brother officer. That is stuff of fallacy and fantasy. It just wouldn't have nor will it ever happen. Period. End of story.

Moreover, your thesis doesn't make sense because if a Dallas supervisor facilitated the escape of a murderer of one of his brother officers, it would mean that that supervisor was in on the conspiracy. That I do not believe.
When you speak of policemen, you come across as naive to the point of being childlike. Have you seen the movie, based on the real story, Serpico? Police corruption is, and always has been, extremely common. In Serpico, his corrupt partners arranged for him to be killed by a drug dealer.

TRH,

The DPD could have been in on it. You don't have to believe that to justify their treatment of Oswald and the Tippet portion of the case though. Also, for the DPD to be involved there would only have to be a couple of guys and not the whole department. If they weren't involved, all the beat cops had to do was think they had the right guy. That was what everybody was told. What is difficult to believe about that?

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

TRH,

Ethan Edwards mentioned "compartmentalization." That's an important concept that you seem to be missing. The entire force doesn't need to be in on anything. One or two high level guys need to be only. All the rest, but perhaps one or two, are following orders to get the bad guy.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. The man is still alive and well today, and occasionally does interviews. He says that, if anything, the movie understated the extent of the corruption in the NYPD.

Compartmentalization would require cops that knew that the murderer of one of their brother officers had escaped justice and were coerced into silence. I don't buy it. It's naive to believe it. Compartmentalization or however how Ethan is rationalizing what he wants to believe would not accord facilitating escape of a cop murderer.

It appears that some here have postured themselves into believing what they want to believe and will rationalize their beliefs using rudimentary reason and logic.

What would you suppose Serpico would say? And how the hell would he know what goes on in every law enforcement agency throughout the country? Does he receive daily briefings? He sold a story. Would he be able to book w/o sensationalism? I'm sure he probably books speaking engagements. He's assuredly living off in his participation in an event that occurred some 40-odd years ago.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

TRH,

The DPD could have been in on it. You don't have to believe that to justify their treatment of Oswald and the Tippet portion of the case though. Also, for the DPD to be involved there would only have to be a couple of guys and not the whole department. If they weren't involved, all the beat cops had to do was think they had the right guy. That was what everybody was told. What is difficult to believe about that?

When Oswald was arrested, was he in possession of the handgun that was used to murder Officer Tippit? What if any statements did Oswald make to the arresting officers about the murder of Officer Tippit?

Let's assume that a few cops within Dallas PD were in on the conspiracy, and to further the conspiracy they issued orders that other cops knew would have facilitated the escape of a murderer of one of their brother officers. How long would you suppose cops within Dallas PD would have kept that silent?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I can't even say that you're a kook when it comes to this topic as you're actually in the majority. 81% of American's believe that there was a conspiracy here.

It's just too good a story! Can't let the facts ruin it!

Like Roswell.
Dude, I think it was Crossfire who said something about "debating from a position of ignorance" on this very thread. If you want to debate from a position other than one of ignorance you have to educate yourself on the subject matter. I mean no offense by this but when you have obviously read nothing but stuff that parrots the initial party-line, made up your mind and then dismissed a whole body of work that has emerged post-Warren Commission, then what you're doing is akin to talking about Reagan's two terms in office while only knowing about his election and maybe first year as President.

Your assessment here couldn't be farther from the truth. I once believed what 81% of my fellow American's believe in regards to JFK's assassination. I bought into the notion that it was a conspiracy.

The facts have trumped the theories though, and I now accept them for what they are. The truth.

I admire that you are of the mind to question everything and to be especially critical of anything that the government puts out. It's a healthy mindset to be in.

That said, you are wrong, I have studied this very much in depth. I will be glad to go shot for shot with you on the details. I do acknowledge that the Warren Commission got a lot wrong. That's not the same as some grandiose cover up.

If you consider the mountain of independent research conducted, and much of it conducted with the intent to PROVE a conspiracy, you'll find that they mostly lead to the same result.

No conspiracy, no cover up, Oswald acted alone.

The one's saying otherwise have dismissed all the facts or are simply unaware of them all.

For example, one poster here stated that the blood spatter was over the trunk to the back. That's simply not true. There is a picture of the car at the hospital taken from the rear of the vehicle that shows clearly which direction the mess was made, as it shows where the Secret Service guys had scrubbed on the back of the front seats, etc. Even the Zapruder film shows the spray going forward.

The real facts, not some crap theorist have passed on as facts, all support the notion that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TRH and Raisuli, thank you gents for the newborn shout out. That was very kind and much appreciated. I'm indeed one proud and humbled Dad...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
The only problem I have with the idea is that Oswald, if he indeed was the shooter, passed up a much easier shot moments before when the car was coming directly at him.
Why wait for a left to right, down hill and curving away.
For me that the hardest kind of shot to make.

Oswald was a coward. Cowards have a hard time tackling anything head on.

It's not as easy as one would think to look through a scope and see somebodies face, then pull the trigger. Much easier to do so from behind.

Also, as a coward, he didn't want to be spotted...

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Always has seemed interesting to slice and dice the known facts, perceptions and theories about the JFK killing - probably always will be. But, the overall facts are that, in keeping with his father and family, JFK was corrupt and largely immoral. So was LBJ, and those who brought off the murder were even more so. Evil begat more evil. That is the main takeaway for me.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bottom line is LBJ orchestrated the killing. He was as politically corrupt as they come, and the corruption knew no bounds on his quest for the presidency.

LBJ was involved in the Billie Sol Estes scandals in the 50s and 60s, which involved cotton allotment scams and nonexistent fertilizer tanks in West Texas, which I think ultimately culminated in JFK's assassination.

When JFK was killed, LBJ was facing criminal proceedings due to his involvement in the Estes scandals. At least 7 men who were involved mysteriously died when Marshall began his investigations.

Many today don't realize how corrupt LBJ was, and many closed their eyes and ears, much like we're seeing with Obarrassment. People don't want to know
the sad, ugly truth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting theory. Now where are the facts to support that LBJ killed JFK?

Show me the facts not the theories.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Google it or read the books....you seem to have lots and lots of free time on your employer's dime during the work day.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I wish I could HAJ...I am FIRMLY convinced LBJ was the priciple on this, but like everyone else all I have is gut feelings and heresay evidence...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Then explain how there's stuff on the moon, like a mirror, that's been there since the Apollo program.

Kirk. Captain James Kirk.

Norris, Chuck Norris. Lee24 maybe?

GOA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

HugAJAckass,

Circumstantial evidence is factual. Many convicts were convicted and sentenced to death based solely upon circumstantial evidence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

I wish I could HAJ...I am FIRMLY convinced LBJ was the priciple on this, but like everyone else all I have is gut feelings and heresay evidence...

I've been there amigo. It's not so much what I believe or believed, but where the actual facts take me.

The actual facts all lead to Oswald.

Trust me, I'd be thrilled and would jump up and exclaim "I KNEW THAT RAT BASTARD WAS BEHIND THAT!" if I could find the facts to support it. Sadly, they just don't exist...

So, I'm left following Joe Friday...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ingwe

I've been there amigo. It's not so much what I believe or believed, but where the actual facts take me.

The actual facts all lead to Oswald.

Trust me, I'd be thrilled and would jump up and exclaim "I KNEW THAT RAT BASTARD WAS BEHIND THAT!" if I could find the facts to support it. Sadly, they just don't exist...

So, I'm left following Joe Friday...

Don't pop my bubble now, Ive been clinging desperately to the theory for years... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

HugAJAckass,

Circumstantial evidence is factual. Many convicts were convicted and sentenced to death based solely upon circumstantial evidence.

Circumstantial by definition is not factual. It's logical, but not factual.

You have to recall that many convicts that were sentenced to death based solely upon circumstantial evidence were later found to be completely innocent.

The logic pointed to them, the facts found them to be not guilty.

Turdlike, by default.
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.