Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

Don't pop my bubble now, Ive been clinging desperately to the theory for years... grin

Cling to it, bud! It's very logical, and I'd even be willing to say that it's even likely.

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a really good, well thought out, but unproven story.

For example, I believe that the Modern Progressive movement in America was the result of Cold War communist spy's infiltrating the education system back in the 50's and 60's. I believe it to my core, but I can't find the facts to support it.....yet!grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Soooooooo did aliens actually visit and help lay out the lines on the Nazca plains???

Throw me a bone....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know, but I swear I saw Elvis once... grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Here's what I found:

"When Tippit got out of his patrol car, Oswald suddenly pulled out a pistol and shot Tippit four times, killing him instantly. Two people witnessed the shooting and later identified Oswald as Tippit's killer, and seven others saw Oswald running from the scene, carrying a pistol. Oswald was arrested in a nearby movie theater when the ticket seller called police about a suspicious looking man. When arrested, Oswald still had the .38 cal. Pistol on him that he used to kill Tippit, and later ballistics tests identified that pistol as the gun that killed Tippit."

Taken from here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

I saw Bigoot just this morning...he was in the shower...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O.... M..... G........ shocked
I honestly thought the title of this thread was a joke. blush
I'm not going to read all 17 pages of this so sorry if it's been asked but... TRH can you name one single remotely popular conspiracy that you do NOT subscribe to? Actually, go ahead and scratch the 'remotely popular' part.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The bottom line where I am concerned is what I stated earlier in the thread, nobody is going to know this side of Heaven, what actually happened. The evidence has been tampered with, the facts clouded...etc. I have no desire to go, "blow for blow" or whatever you said about the case. IMO as soon as somebody uncovers something the government pays ten experts to disprove it. How do people working on their own hook and at their own expense compete with those who use our own money against us, extracted at their will in the form of taxes? You are talking two finite resources, one much larger than the other, so much so that the latter may as well be infinite. It is much like the birther issue, if there wasn't something to cover up, then why all the fuss and bother?

There have been some pretty slick documentaries and such on the affair, which purport to show that Oswald was indeed the "Lone Nut". You're evidently coming from that angle and I drew my conclusions about the issue long ago. Nobody will ever know, but to call people "kooks" because they disbelieve the party line is patently stupid. I realize some of y'all absolutely hate TRH, because of his beliefs. Like most folks, some of his stuff is probably true and some of it probably ain't, but some of you should bear in mind that to quote uh...some of y'all, you're painting with a mighty broad brush in several respects when you set out to diss him just because he's him. Get it? Or not...

As an aside, let me ask you this. Where was your first experience as far as this assassination is concerned? I mean, besides what you learned in school, in all probability to summarize not entirely accurately, the Warren Report...other than that scenario, where did you first get alternative information that you would use or base your arguments on?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Raisuli,

I have no doubt that Oswald killed Tippit, but if you like, I could easily dismantle your statement to show how the conspiracy theorist would dismiss the entire thing...

What too often happens with events surrounding JFK's death are suggestions and theories thrown in and substituted as facts without anyone really taking the evidence where it leads. People really should just let the evidence (and I'm not talking the Governments evidence) speak for itself...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mrs ingwe is gonna be pizzed when she reads that. eek

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dooood! You really need to move that mirror! eekshocked

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I realize some of y'all absolutely hate TRH, because of his beliefs. Like most folks, some of his stuff is probably true and some of it probably ain't, but some of you should bear in mind that to quote uh...some of y'all, you're painting with a mighty broad brush in several respects when you set out to diss him just because he's him. Get it? Or not...

I don't hate him...I just think he is a nutcase on 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of things. He needs help, especially if he truly is a teacher.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The bottom line where I am concerned is what I stated earlier in the thread, nobody is going to know this side of Heaven, what actually happened. The evidence has been tampered with, the facts clouded...etc. I have no desire to go, "blow for blow" or whatever you said about the case. IMO as soon as somebody uncovers something the government pays ten experts to disprove it. How do people working on their own hook and at their own expense compete with those who use our own money against us, extracted at their will in the form of taxes? You are talking two finite resources, one much larger than the other, so much so that the latter may as well be infinite. It is much like the birther issue, if there wasn't something to cover up, then why all the fuss and bother?

I think that this is a fair assessment. Not much that I can honestly disagree with here.

Nobody will ever know, but to call people "kooks" because they disbelieve the party line is patently stupid. I realize some of y'all absolutely hate TRH, because of his beliefs. Like most folks, some of his stuff is probably true and some of it probably ain't, but some of you should bear in mind that to quote uh...some of y'all, you're painting with a mighty broad brush in several respects when you set out to diss him just because he's him. Get it? Or not...

I didn't call him a kook. Matter of fact I pointed out that in this instance it would be factually inaccurate to call him a kook as his thinking in this matter is not fringe at all, but rather mainstream. 81% of American's believe there was a conspiracy in the assassination of JFK. Only 13% believe that Oswald acted alone. If anything, that makes ME the kook!

As an aside, let me ask you this. Where was your first experience as far as this assassination is concerned? I mean, besides what you learned in school, in all probability to summarize not entirely accurately, the Warren Report...other than that scenario, where did you first get alternative information that you would use or base your arguments on?

Well, I'm 35 years old, so most all of this happened before my time. I'd say that the first thing that really sparked my interest in all of this was the movie "JFK" with Kevin Costner. That was the first that I was exposed to another account of the events than the Warren Report showed and what I was taught in school.

That movie caused such a frenzy that I decided then to start researching it myself. I figured that I'd start from the premise that what was taught in school was not the whole truth, and go from there. For a long time, I really bought into the conspiracy concept. I can honestly say that it's only been within the last 5 years or so that I've allowed the facts sway me away from that notion and convince me that Oswald acted alone.

That said, I'll freely admit that I most certainly do not have all the facts. I agree with you, we may never have them all.

I feel very confident though that the hard evidence in this case does finger Oswald. Everything else is supposition, circumstantial, and theory...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=HugAJackass For example, I believe that the Modern Progressive movement in America was the result of Cold War communist spy's infiltrating the education system back in the 50's and 60's. I believe it to my core, but I can't find the facts to support it.....yet!grin [/quote]

Hmmm, interesting, and very possible. The nuns at my grammar school back then told us the popular cinnamon toothpics were a communist plot. I think that's how the commies got to us, it was something the Ruskies concotted and put on the toothpics. I think it's wearing off, as I've gotten older I'm getting less progressive... it's either that or becoming a rifle (and pistol) loonie has had some curative effect. I better buy another gun.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Raisuli
What would you suppose Serpico would say? And how the hell would he know what goes on in every law enforcement agency throughout the country?
Human nature is such that one can reliably assume that human organizations similarly constituted and situated will suffer from similar conditions owing to the same human weaknesses.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JFK was shot from a 6th floor window of the Texas School Book
Depository in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald at 12:30 pm Central Standard Time on November 22, 1963.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Raisuli

Let's assume that a few cops within Dallas PD were in on the conspiracy, and to further the conspiracy they issued orders that other cops knew would have facilitated the escape of a murderer of one of their brother officers. How long would you suppose cops within Dallas PD would have kept that silent?
You don't need to even go that far. They don't need to have any knowledge of the larger conspiracy in order to be helpful to the conspirators via their compartmentalized corruption.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
JFK was shot from a 6th floor window of the Texas School Book
Depository in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald at 12:30 pm Central Standard Time on November 22, 1963.

and there you have it.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
For example, I believe that the Modern Progressive movement in America was the result of Cold War communist spy's infiltrating the education system back in the 50's and 60's. I believe it to my core, but I can't find the facts to support it.....yet!grin

Hmmm, interesting, and very possible. The nuns at my grammar school back then told us the popular cinnamon toothpics were a communist plot. I think that's how the commies got to us, it was something the Ruskies concotted and put on the toothpics. I think it's wearing off, as I've gotten older I'm getting less progressive... it's either that or becoming a rifle (and pistol) loonie has had some curative effect. I better buy another gun.

GAH! I never considered the toothpicks! It was right there in front of my face the whole time!!! crygrin

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
O.... M..... G........ shocked
I honestly thought the title of this thread was a joke. blush
I'm not going to read all 17 pages of this so sorry if it's been asked but... TRH can you name one single remotely popular conspiracy that you do NOT subscribe to?
That's not the question, since I don't subscribe to any of them. I recognize tendencies from the study of history and human nature. I see patterns repeating themselves down through the ages. I see evidence for one side of certain more contemporary stories counterbalanced with evidence for the other side, and sometimes I come down more on one side than the other, but remain always open to more information on the matters from either side till something seems more or less conclusive. Anything said about me on this site to the contrary is pure mythology, designed to discredit for fear of actually engaging me in a discussion based on facts and reason.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One note on the human condition, nothing in life is conclusive with the exception of death, that is conclusive every time.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 338reddog, 117LBS, 204guy, 20 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,796
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.