Good read:

http://www.fincen.gov/news_room/rp/advisory/html/advis14.html

Excerpt:

United States Department of the Treasury
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network

Subject: Transactions Involving The Cayman Islands
Date: July 2000
Advisory: Issue 14

This Advisory is being issued to inform banks and other financial institutions operating in the United States of serious deficiencies in the counter-money laundering systems of the Cayman Islands. The impact of such deficiencies on the scrutiny that should be given to certain transactions or banking relationships involving the Cayman Islands, in light of the suspicious transaction reporting obligations of financial institutions operating in the United States, is discussed below.

The Cayman Islands, located between Cuba and Honduras in the Caribbean Sea, is a Caribbean dependent territory of the United Kingdom. Its population is approximately 40,000.

Notwithstanding its small land area and population, the Cayman Islands is home to a well-developed offshore financial center. In March 2000, authorities in the Cayman Islands reported that more than 570 banks and trust companies, 2,238 mutual funds, and 499 captive insurance companies were licensed in the Cayman Islands. In addition, approximately 40,000 offshore companies are registered in the Cayman Islands.

The counter-money laundering regime embodied in the legal, supervisory, and regulatory systems of the Cayman Islands suffers from serious systemic problems.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Your precious excerpt is 12 YEARS OLD. Try again.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If Romney invested ALL his money in the US, there would STILL be detractors here finding fault with something. It would never end, its how the left works.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Anaconda
(says Rebecca Wilkins, the senior counsel for federal tax policy at the nonprofit Citizens for Tax Justice.)

Wasn't she one of the women that Howard Stern interviewed ?

citizens for tax justice is a hard lefty lobby dedicated to massive redistribution, raising rates on the productive, taking as many people off the tax roles as possible, and continued funding of government at increasing levels, BTW. not a source I'd want to rely on.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by Anaconda
(says Rebecca Wilkins, the senior counsel for federal tax policy at the nonprofit Citizens for Tax Justice.)

Wasn't she one of the women that Howard Stern interviewed ?

citizens for tax justice is a hard lefty lobby dedicated to massive redistribution, raising rates on the productive, taking as many people off the tax roles as possible, and continued funding of government at increasing levels, BTW. not a source I'd want to rely on.

LOL Steve some of these people want to hear anything but the truth.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by djs

US tax rates are on the low side of the scale, not confiscatory; especially as to the 15% on capital gains. here's a chart comparing rates with other nations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tax_rates

uh, no....we are actually THE highest corporate tax rate in the developed world:

On Sunday, April 1, Japan lowered its corporate tax rate, leaving the United States with the highest effective rate among developed countries: 39.2 percent.

responsible management of any multi-national organization would structure its operations to avoid activities in such a high tax environment to the extent possible.....and they do.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not about the economy or jobs. It's about Mitt's tax returns. Or his video. Or whatever he does or says.... It's not about what the current office holder has done or not done in the last 3.5 years. We are just SO obtuse...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
It's not about the economy or jobs. It's about Mitt's tax returns. Or his video. Or whatever he does or says.... It's not about what the current office holder has done or not done in the last 3.5 years. We are just SO obtuse...

Its called deflecting and diversion. Create little issues to occupy the time while Rome burns and the country is lost.
Its a trick that the democrips have mastered the mainstream media encourages.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Your precious excerpt is 12 YEARS OLD. Try again.

What would have changed in 12 years?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
[quote=bigwhoop]Your precious excerpt is 12 YEARS OLD. Try again.

What would have changed in 12 years? [/quote

Much of the furor over tax havens remains more heat than light. A slew of jurisdictions, including Austria, Luxembourg, Jersey, the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Mauritius and Switzerland itself have signed agreements in the last few months promising to exchange tax information. �We have made more progress in the last three months than in the 10 years before that,� Angel Gurr�a, the Secretary-General of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, said in June.

and after the UBS scandal, the Switzers have blown open the doors for the IRS.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What about the concept of HIS MONEY is so damned hard to understand.

Let's talk about what HIS ROYAL INEPTNESS has done with our money.

And OUR NATION.

Why all the threads about "watch the shiny red herring?"

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Romney doesn't have any credibility problems at all compared to the big "O" who isn't even an American citizen and his dhimocrat party. Magnum man

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
As long as it's legal, how Romney or anyone else invests her/his money is the business of only the investor. I hold no ill feelings for Romney because of how he chose/chooses to invest his money. That's his business...as long as it's legal.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well, I did find out from a reliables source today that Romney is a bad Mormon.

Soli Deo Gloria

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've checked the Bible & Joseph Smith ain't listed as a prophet anywhere in it. It is a serious sin to add to or subtract from God's word.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's nuthin, I walked to school uphill both ways. Did ya walk or did ya take your lunch?

Soli Deo Gloria

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
That's nuthin, I walked to school uphill both ways. Did ya walk or did ya take your lunch?

Uphill both ways? Hell I walked uphill all three ways, in snow, in Orange County where it ain't snowed 'cept on days I had to walk to school, even in hot Santa Ana winds.

No, I didn't take my lunch. I didn't have to. Chicks fed me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
What about the concept of HIS MONEY is so damned hard to understand.

Let's talk about what HIS ROYAL INEPTNESS has done with our money.

And OUR NATION.

Why all the threads about "watch the shiny red herring?"

Just sayin you could probably track a pile of TARP money to one of Mr. INEPTNESS's accounts somewhere if you looked hard enough.

NRA Lifetime Member
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How about zer0 and I swap tax rates? I paid 25.5% federal taxes last year while dear leader paid 20.5%. Zer0 made about 300% of my income if you can believe him. The talk about fair share makes me want to barf!

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by mountainclmbr
How about zer0 and I swap tax rates? I paid 25.5% federal taxes last year while dear leader paid 20.5%. Zer0 made about 300% of my income if you can believe him. The talk about fair share makes me want to barf!

Yessir, and for me being a small businessman and working my slave ass off I got to pay 35%, nice eh? mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 10ring1, 17 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,894
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.