Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#6934227 10/03/12
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey guys I took a job where I am forced to carry a warm coat on a jet for a big part of the year, i dont ever have tovwear it....just have it, so i wanted something super compact to fit in my day bag/man purse. I pulled the trigger on a stoic branded down anorak that backcountry had on sale for $90. Of course, they also had a deal on a 4 person tent that's about what I would like to keep on the boat.....so I grabbed it too. Trouble is, I am stuck in Alaska for a few more weeks and the stuff will end up at my place in the states. Can anyone make me feel warm and fuzzy and tell me the stoic stuff is decent?.....pretty please.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have some, it's pretty good gear, not great gear. I have some merino and really like it. I have some softshell shorts and they have really cut corners on sewing. Good gear for the price esp when it's on sale.

Brad
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Perfect. The truth is I may never wear the anorak, just haul it around for months to keep up with policy.

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think it's great gear - and I have a lot of it. In fact, my Hadron down anorak is one of my favorite pieces of equipment! I think you'll love it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That is the one I bought. Does it compact down well?

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
How's it going???? Took me forever to connect the dotz. Hope things are going well.

I bought a Stoic Somnus bag last summer. It's well thought out and sized well. Uber light. Have no complaints. Was a steal in my opinion.

Gonna make it back for any fun?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
How's it going???? Took me forever to connect the dotz. Hope things are going well.

I bought a Stoic Somnus bag last summer. It's well thought out and sized well. Uber light. Have no complaints. Was a steal in my opinion.

Gonna make it back for any fun?

For sure. I spread myself thin for a couple months...but am set up to do a two week on two week off rotation which makes for lots of free time...soon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Down compacts nicely. However, don't keep it compacted. Every time you can, shake it out to fluff it up. The down will break down and become worthless if you keep it compacted all the time.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Down compacts nicely. However, don't keep it compacted. Every time you can, shake it out to fluff it up. The down will break down and become worthless if you keep it compacted all the time.

Exactly - just try not to leave it stuffed too tightly for too long...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Spartan Gunner here has a sleeping bag and jacket that he used on our trip last month. He seemed to like it pretty well. I had never heard of the brand previously.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It can get flat for all I care, this is just to say that I have one with me. I plan on abusing it, now my western mountaineering bag......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 270cowboy, 160user, 257_X_50, 64 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,409
Posts18,507,012
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.