Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Doesn't change a thing for me, unemployment could drop to 1 and Obama still ain't getting my vote.

Great minds think alike, or, so they say.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by fish head
Even MSNBC is digesting the unemployment numbers and they aren't claiming victory.

The overwhelming fact that there were only 114,000 new jobs created does not paint a rosy picture.
.........Actually it will take about an estimated 300,000 per month increase of jobs just to get things moving and break even with the increased percentage of population entering the work force.

The big lib Obama supporting media is TOUTING a wonderful 114,000 jobs increase.

What I've heard ...

Is it takes between 120,000 and 140,000 per month just to keep pace with new people entering the workforce.

Which ever number you use, it's still not a net gain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Romney and Ryan should save it for a debate.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's 300,000 to keep the unemployment level steady.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ConradCA
............Yep-pers! That`s what the experts say.

Exclude the lib media and all of their pundant des-pots of course.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by ConradCA
............Yep-pers! That`s what the experts say.

Exclude the lib media and all of their pundant des-pots of course.

Naw, I don't want to EXclude them from the unemployment rolls. I'd like to see PMSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, NPR, and PBS ALL unemployed.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I want to know, who in their right mind thinks that 7.8% unemployment is a good thing?

Also who in their right mind thinks that 7.8% is the real number?

Not even liberal leftists and MSM believe it.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Even CNBC is questioning the unemployment numbers. You have to remember that the BLS employment numbers are estimates done by Federal Government employees who for the most part are Obama supporters. According to the attached article the improved employment number was the result of upward employment revisions for July and August of 86,000 jobs. These were all state and federal jobs. The private sector jobs for September declined by 5000. There were 600,000 part time jobs created (+7.5% increase) and some people think the BLS is starting to include them in their calculatuions.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/10/05/Suspicion-Falls-on-Labor-Secretary-Solis-as-Jobs-Numbers-Questioned?utm_source=e_breitbart_com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+October+5%2C+2012&utm_campaign=20121005_m113620508_Breitbart+News+Roundup%2C+October+5%2C+2012&utm_term=More

Last edited by victoro; 10/05/12.
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It just doesn't matter what the truth id gents. The marxist's already touting the new numbers as gospel and the sheep are eating it up. Watch the evening news then get back to me.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Jorge...my friend,what's wrong with you today? It's a HS diversion and only my buddy seems to be buying it. If you think it reverses the damage done during those debates,I think you're just having one of those pessimistic nano-seconds. This job's number's lie will be exposed before weekend's end,man. It's happening across the news media outlets now,from both sides of the aisle.

Take 4 fingers of single malt, smoke a fine cigar and try again later after you SNAP OUT OF IT!!

Last edited by RISJR; 10/05/12.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob: I have about 150 employees on three shifts plus I see all the Navy guys. Watching them watch the news is all I needed to see. To you and me and most here on the Fire, we know the numbers are bogus but in my opinion the damage has been made. People are just ignorant. I see it everyday. I hope I'm as wrong as I'll ever be.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Everything you say is accurate, but nobody will see it. The morons (read: most of the 47%) will swallow this hook line and sinker, then move on to the fantasy of the brainless, weekend football, Facebook, video games, etc. This number IS the "October Surprise" the democraps pull before every election. I just listened to the news on the radio here on a conservative radio station and the lead story was "Good news for the Administration."... BOHICA.

Jorge,What difference does the 47% make?They are in Obama's pocket anyway.

The truth is that this election will be decided by voters in a very few COUNTIES [forget states,within each state,there are a few counties that swing the results] and what Romney has to do is peel off enough "independent voters" to defeat Obama.Being an "independent" means the voter is open minded to a degree.This is a mark of intelligence.

These "intelligent voters" will not be swayed by this accounting gimmick.

Romney has used the unemplyment numbers from this same source to blast Obama for months now.To now challenge those numbers would turn off those voters he needs in order to win.He CAN ask this question:

"How much better off were YOU when the number dropped from 8.7 to 8.4"

We can count on "Broadway Joe" to give Ryan an opening in their debate to point out that one in five working age males in this country get up each morning and don't go to work.That don't make for a healty GDP number,and never will.

All this number does is keep the Obama sheep in the fold.Anybody fooled by it would have found another reason to vote for him anyway,regardless of what they tell the pollsters.

You may as well give up on Jorge,Bob,he's hell bent on being negative.I made the quoted post on page 1.

Of course,he may have me on "ignore".grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Household Survey that added the 873,000 part time jobs is the highest since 2000. When this number is "fleshed out" we undoubtedly will see that they changed their methods in how they counted or constructed the "survey". We can see how they skew polls, well this is NO different.

Consider this: Between 1948 to 2008, there have been 39 months of unemployment over 8% - that's 60 years. Since Jan. 2009 to Oct. 2012, there has been 42 months over 8%!!!!

Now, we are to believe that in a month before an election the number drops.03%!!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The 'REVISION" will come too late to matter--

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Bob: I have about 150 employees on three shifts plus I see all the Navy guys. Watching them watch the news is all I needed to see. To you and me and most here on the Fire, we know the numbers are bogus but in my opinion the damage has been made. People are just ignorant. I see it everyday. I hope I'm as wrong as I'll ever be.

=================

Buddy...those 150 employees,and certainly the Navy guys,must be just as familiar with sequestration as anyone could be. Jorge,it's essentially the exact same numbers as last month and it became a positive;just 2 days after "THE BEATING". You saw today's polls. Ryan will thump Biden come Thursday. The implosion is at it's climax and it isn't going to get better.Obama is worse at foreign affairs than he is the economy,if that's even possible. There's good stuff to come,amigo.

While this was going on today,most of this nation's thinkers between 19-23 were speaking of how unfair it was for Obama not to be able to use his teleprompter during the debate. Save for some country sneaking a few nukes in on us,the dumb [bleep] are always going to make for 40% of this country's population.

Just start taking the express elevator to the floor where the smart folks hang out! I'll have no more of this,amigo!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
The Household Survey that added the 873,000 part time jobs is the highest since 2000. When this number is "fleshed out" we undoubtedly will see that they changed their methods in how they counted or constructed the "survey". We can see how they skew polls, well this is NO different.

Consider this: Between 1948 to 2008, there have been 39 months of unemployment over 8% - that's 60 years. Since Jan. 2009 to Oct. 2012, there has been 42 months over 8%!!!!

Now, we are to believe that in a month before an election the number drops.03%!!

I wonder how many of those part time jobs are created by employers who don't want to pay benefits to full time employees.

Think about it. It's been a growing trend.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The fat lady is still gargling.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
The fat lady is still gargling gagging

Fixt it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Why'd ya think she was gargling?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Those numbers will be revised upward again, as they always are. They have also been rendered less than credible by the fact that the actual rate is much, much higher if you factor in all the people who have simply given up looking for work. That theme will rightfully be hammered right up to election day.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 44 invisible), 1,679 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,046
Posts18,521,156
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.