Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Spano; Does she smoke? If so, it may help her decide to quit.
Many years ago a fellow I know went to traffic school because of a few minor speeding tickets within a set time. He thought it was a most boring way to spend part of his Saturday, but he went to show he cared (about retaining insurance).

Anyway, while trying to stay awake while a child psychologist-in-training from the traffic department droned on, he happened to look down at his expensive London Fog jacket and he spied a 1/4" hole that had been burned in it by a cigarette (all cool people smoked back then, he thought). It both embarassed and ticked me him off enough that he quit smoking.

Also, he never quit speeding, but he spaced his tickets out enough that he never got re-invited to go to traffic school, never got his insurance raised due to the number of tickets he got, or bought another (obviously cheap)London Fog jacket.

Glad I may have helped.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You and Mrs Spanky are both shining examples of what decent human beings "ARE NOT". No respect or concern for anyone other than yourselves.

She deserved what she got, she sounds like she needs a good shot upside her head too.

She's useless, your useless, you deserve each other.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I said safely, besides they couldn't catch me.

want to bet on that? stupid arrogant asssholes like you try to pull that schitt here all the time. they end up in jail if they don't end up dead.

Usually taking innocent lives with them....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Spanko's partly right. Speeding tickets ARE mostly about the money, really nothing to do with safety. If it was about safety then you wouldn't routinely see the local police cruising around 20+ MPH over the speed limit. Some states with revenue shortcomings (California maybe?) see it as an easy way to pick up a few extra bucks by setting the speed limits a little low and putting the local deputy to work for a day. Fines vary by district but it doesn't take much to get to $300 nowadays, any ticket will get you that in a lot of places. The fine itself might be $50 but a lot of cash strapped districts (California maybe?) get creative with "court costs" and can easily tack on another $250 or so for that. Traffic school varies by state also, here in mississippi you can keep a ticket completely off of your record if you go to the $75 traffic school. You're allowed to do that once a year, so you could get a ticket a year forever and never have them show on your record as long as you sit through the traffic school every time. Traffic school makes a lot of money for the state.

I've got a friend who's a highway patrol here in mississippi. He told me the other day that they patrol the west bound lanes of the interstate a lot heavier than the east bound lanes. The reason is because the drug runners haul their dope across the state from west to east, but when they come back through the state from east to west they're carrying the money from the drug sales and they're more interested in the money than the dope. His last bust netted $6.5 million, he pulled over a couple of mexicans westbound on I-20 coming from Atlanta. They were in a dually pickup pulling a flatbed trailer with a car on it. His dog alerted on the tires of the car on the trailer, he ran a knife through the sidewall of the tire and found it was stuffed with cash, the other tires were as well. They'd hauled the car from Texas to Atlanta with the tires stuffed with cocaine (that's why the dog smelled it), sold the dope and refilled the tires with the cash for the trip home. When they interrogated the guys one of them told him that he should have stopped him on the trip two weeks before, he had $10 million in the tires then.

So, anyone that tells you that traffic enforcement isn't mainly about money is blowing smoke up your butt. That being said, isn't Spanko the guy who's always bragging about how rich he is? $300 should be a drop in the bucket for him. It's just the cost of doing business, no need to get angry about it. In the end traffic tickets are really about the money, but you gotta pay to play.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This was a trap.

I can easily and safely negotiate this stretch of road at 80 on my Harley. The insurance companies and the state(s) and driving schools are all in cahoots in setting speed limits way too low.

I would have had my people take care of this but they are all busy on the election and I didn't want to set a bad example for the hoi-poloi. Also it was The Wife's driver's day off and my driver was driving me to an important meeting with my Chief-of-Staff.

I doubt that this arrogant jerk could ride a Harley even if he owned one.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

That being said, isn't Spanko the guy who's always bragging about how rich he is? $300 should be a drop in the bucket for him. It's just the cost of doing business, no need to get angry about it. In the end traffic tickets are really about the money, but you gotta pay to play.

You forget....spanky is so tight with his money he can squeeze the crap out of a buffalo nickel

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Some around here are so [bleep] stupid they wouldn't know they were being worked if I sent them a paycheck.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Tic toc, tic toc

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All these "just don't speed" posts are amusing. Every driver breaks the speed limit at some time or another. Some just do it more than others. Just because we are guilty doesn't mean that we still don't get pissed off when we get caught.

And, speeding tickets are outrageously high. Way too much punishment for a minor offense.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Some around here are so [bleep] stupid they wouldn't know they were being worked if I sent them a paycheck.

Yes you are bless your heart wink

BTW ...I have it from another member here who has dealt with you and you really are a cheapskate wink figure that out neck gaiter queen.

temper temper little man.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Speaking of work........................... maybe we can find that picture of YOU at work.You know,your modeling gig,

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Speaking of work........................... maybe we can find that picture of YOU at work.You know,your modeling gig,

Modeling ????????????????????? shocked crazy sick

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You haven't seen spanky modeling his wife's neck gaiter?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe Spanky could have traded the cops some old NRA magazines instead of cash.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

That being said, isn't Spanko the guy who's always bragging about how rich he is? $300 should be a drop in the bucket for him. It's just the cost of doing business, no need to get angry about it. In the end traffic tickets are really about the money, but you gotta pay to play.

You forget....spanky is so tight with his money he can squeeze the crap out of a buffalo nickel

You owe me a key board fawker! lol

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I rode that road today and didn't see the jack booted thugs on patrol. I guess they are busy arresting harmless dope smoking hippies and confiscating their cash and stash.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Well The Wife is home an hour early. She said of the eight people there six were ticketed by the same JBT.

She said she endured the stupidity by wearing earplugs and taking off her glasses when they showed the stupid gore filled movies.

www.paracay.com

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
On the plus side it was eight hours she didn't have to spend listening to your blather. She should thank that particular "JBT". Hope you and he get acquainted in the near future.....

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Last ticket I got was over 10 years ago and it too was a speed trap. I'm overdue and will get one soon.

Artificially low speed limits, speed traps, and exorbitant fines do nothing to enhance safety and everything to engender disrespect for the law and those who enforce it.

$335.00 is probably more than the average Johnson makes in a day. Top that with a day wasted listening to Officer Dipshitz spout absurdities and you have one pissed off citizen, or eight in this case.

www.paracay.com

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Did you mention how fast she was going? If so, I missed it.

$300 is one hell of a fine. How fast???

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.