Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Anytime a Clinton falls on the sword to protect another politician, there's a price to pay. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. Obummer in now in debt to the Clinton machine, big time... shocked

And he WILL pay... cry

Just a matter of when and how much... smile

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good statement, and if the parties were reversed you'd be seeing it play on all the major news networks.

but it will slide in to oblivion just like F&F morphed into "who cares & don't give a chit"

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RISJR
The thread is about quid pro quo for Hilary falling on Obama's sword.

I can see it now, Hillary and Bill Clinton standing on the steps of the Supreme Court, she in black robe.....LMAO

I can't be the only one that sees an impeached president and his biotch wife in that photo op.

Maybe O is offering his support in 2016 when she attempts another lame azz run....

AND, when the phone rang at 3AM she didn't answer either.

Last edited by Stan V; 10/16/12.

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hate to say this but FOX is putting a spin on Hillary's statement. She didn't take blame for anything. She merely stated the obvious ... that she's the Secretary of State and then she passes the blame onto the "security professionals"

"I'm responsible for the State Department, for the more than 60,000 people around the world," she said. "The decisions about security are made by security professionals. But we're going to review everything to be sure we're doing what needs to be done in an increasingly risky environment."

Maybe there's more to the interview that wasn't in the FOX video but that's how I read it. The dems/MSM will attack the GOP for spinning the truth. You can count on that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The move hasn't escaped the media.

Hillary Clinton takes Libya heat for Barack Obama

AP
HILLARY Clinton has taken political responsibility for last month's terrorist attack on the US consulate in Libya, attempting to deflect fallout for Barack Obama as he faces a critical presidential election debate with his Republican opponent.
The US Secretary of State said yesterday her primary responsibility was to look after the safety of diplomatic missions overseas, and she cared deeply about the deaths of ambassador Chris Stevens and three staff.

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," Mrs Clinton said in Peru.

Her remarks are an attempt to extricate the US President from damaging claims that his administration initially sought to cover up the nature of the attack in Benghazi by portraying it as a protest against an anti-Islamic film made in the US that ran out of control, rather than an organised terrorist assault.

Republican presidential challenger Mitt Romney, who faces the Democrat President in their second election debate today, is branding the Benghazi attack not just as a security lapse but a wider indication of Mr Obama's weakness on foreign policy in the Middle East.

...By agreeing to take a political bullet for Mr Obama, Mrs Clinton is trying to take the heat out of a difficult election issue expected to get an airing in today's second presidential debate as opinion polls show the Republican contender has closed the gap between the two candidates for the November 6 election.

After Mr Obama's below-par performance in his first debate with Mr Romney a fortnight ago, a Gallup poll released yesterday showed the Republican ahead 51 to 46 per cent among likely voters in a dozen battleground states.

Among registered voters not assured of casting a vote, Mr Obama kept a slight lead of 49 to 47 per cent. The most striking result from the Gallup poll was a surge in support for Mr Romney among women voters since after the first debate, with the two candidates now tied on 48 per cent. Previously the Democrat President owed his lead in national polls in large part to the clear majority support of women.

While Mr Obama prepared for today's debate at a Virginia resort yesterday, his wife, Michelle, campaigned in Cleveland to woo women voters.

Clearly worried about its position, the Obama campaign issued a memo claiming the Gallup poll was deeply flawed and "far out of line with other public pollsters".

A separate Gallup poll at a national level - not the specific swing states - has found Mr Obama still ahead among women 52 to 44 per cent, but the disputed Gallup poll in battleground states is consistent with another by Pew Research that found Mr Obama's pre-debate 18-point advantage among women had evaporated.

The dozen key states polled by Gallup were Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Wisconsin, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Mexico and North Carolina.

Mr Obama has faced intense pressure in recent days from the Romney campaign and senior Republicans in congress over the handling of security at the US consulate in Benghazi before the assault that occurred on the anniversary of the US terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Obama officials have tried to ward off criticism by claiming security was believed to be adequate at the time, and the version of what happened changed only because they were relying on intelligence as it became available.

With Mr Obama previously holding a considerable lead on foreign policy and national security in public opinion polling, the Benghazi attack has provided Mr Romney with an opening to chip away at the President's leadership credibility.

Speaking on CNN, Mrs Clinton said she took responsibility because she was in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus personnel at 275 posts around the world. "The President and the Vice-President wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals," she said.

"They're the ones who weigh all of the threats and the risks and the needs and make a considered decision."

Vice-President Joe Biden made life difficult for Mrs Clinton during his running mates' debate with Republican Paul Ryan last week when he claimed the Obama administration was not aware of requests from the US consulate in Libya for more security support.

It is one of this year's great election ironies that Mrs Clinton has taken the heat for Mr Obama when he is down, after she was his bitter opponent in the Democratic Party's primary process to select a candidate four years ago.

The Benghazi incident is a blot on an otherwise highly respected record for Mrs Clinton after she agreed to be Mr Obama's Secretary of State. She plans to stand down after the election and her future remains unclear, although there is speculation that she could run for president in 2016.

Her husband, popular former president Bill Clinton, is campaigning hard for Mr Obama in Ohio and other battleground states.

The person most damaged politically by the Benghazi incident so far is Susan Rice, the US ambassador to the UN and a possible replacement for Mrs Clinton as secretary of state, who has been accused by Republicans of playing down the reports of the violence in Benghazi.

Ms Rice says she was relying on intelligence reports at the time when she incorrectly blamed a video protest that escalated.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the sooner the HillBilly leaves as SOS, the better.

it is unfortunate 4 Americans died in this incident, one an ambassador. but, troops are killed quite often related to the war on terrorism. from my layman's view, those four gentlemen and reps of the Us were killed in the war on terrorism that includes Libya.

bringing in the FBI to investigate is ludicrous. but we are moving further into the post-modern era every second of time that occurs.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The Libyan president Megarif already went on record during several interviews (one with NPR in particular) that it was known prior to 9/11 that non-Libyans had entered the country and were planning an attack on the consulate. The intent was to use the protests as a diversion, and he stated that the mortar and RPG attack was carried out by highly trained individuals. I've watched all of his interviews, and he knew our ambassador personally and was noticeably grief-stricken. I saw more emotion out of him than anyone on our side.

Sad to say, but I trust the Libyan president more than our own. Obama knew all about this, was warned, and did nothing. The blood is on Barry's hands, and ultimate responsibility lays with him, no matter who steps up claiming it. Hillary's efforts are merely an effort to divert attention with a debate and election coming up. The lies will keep coming, deals were made, and the Clintons always win the deals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
got to love brit humm- on the sunday morin show.....How do u get a guest on them shows??...u talk to the white house!!....they send u who they want, and the message /what they can say........its all bs....and billary is not going to play after this 4 years ends..........funny how this is all "working out".

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's my take on the attack in Libya. It's pure speculation and a WAG.

The previous attacks on the consulate were to test the defenses and the security response. They found weakness and venerability with the lack of security.

They were watching the consulate and were given a gift when Stevens showed up with minimal protection on 9/11. At that point all it took was some phone calls to organize the radicals and carry out the half azz plan they had in place ... if they even had one. The jihadists had bases/compounds and weapons in Benghazi.

I don't believe Al Qaeda or their sympathizers knew Stevens was going to be at the consulate on 9/11. They lucked out. It wouldn't have taken more than few hours to put it all together.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by fish head

I don't believe Al Qaeda or their sympathizers knew Stevens was going to be at the consulate on 9/11. They lucked out. It wouldn't have taken more than few hours to put it all together.

I agree with you, and they did luck out. The Libyan president never stated they had exact timing or plans, however he did say that the precision with which the mortars and RPG's were fired showed they were prepared and well-trained, rather than just shouting protesters with signs.
The lies coming out of our executive branch on this entire issue is sickening. Just like Fast and Furious, lives have been lost, and people in our government were complicit and lying their azzes off.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Libyan security forces let Al Qaeda know of Stevens whereabouts.

They'd sing for a pack of smokes.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

A foreign policy adviser to Mitt Romney, in a preview of the second presidential debate, said on Tuesday that Romney will ask President Obama to "man up" on his response to the terrorist attack in Libya that left four Americans dead.

Richard Williamson, the former special envoy to Sudan under President George W. Bush, was asked on Fox News how Romney would bring up the issue of September�s attack on the American mission in Benghazi in the debate.

�I think Governor Romney, quite properly, will be asking questions, probing, and trying to ask the president to man up, accept his responsibility and explain to the American people the failure that resulted in four American deaths," Williamson said.

He later added of Obama: �He can run but he�s not going to be able to hide. He�s going to have to man up and tell the American people what he knew, when he knew it and what he�s doing.�

On Monday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she took �responsibility� for the terrorist attack that led to the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

Williamson said that there needs to be �transparency� from the administration about the attack. �The administration has to come clean,� he said. �It is a presidential-level decision protecting our diplomats overseas. It's the president's obligation to make sure that diplomats in difficult situations have adequate security so they can do their job, and clearly they failed here.�

Williamson also alleged that Obama must have seen information in daily briefings indicating the previous attacks on the compound and other threats in Libya. �The information was there. The White House has certain responsibilities,� he said

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Libyan security forces let Al Qaeda know of Stevens whereabouts.

They'd sing for a pack of smokes.

That very well could be. I wouldn't doubt it at all. The security forces that were watching the consulate could have dropped the dime.

Who knows if they tracked Stevens from the embassy to Benghazi though. My inclination is they didn't. The videos showing terrorists wandering around with RPG's is one clue plus the fact that the attack went on for hours. It had the appearance of a last minute haphazard attack instead of a well thought out and coordinated offensive.

The details are few and far between so I'm going out on limb to fill in the blanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
�He can run but he�s not going to be able to hide. He�s going to have to man up and tell the American people what he knew, when he knew it and what he�s doing.�

Hussein won't man up. He'll continue to deny everything and blame others. That's SOP.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by RWE
Maybe a SCt nomination but,other than that,I don't know that she wants to have anything more to do with this WH.

Jimminy Crickets, man!

Way to play the worse case scenario.....

I thought she and Bill were disbarred?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was just talking to a judge pard of mine on this very subject, it's not so much coverup that bothers, but HOW they chose to cover for it.

really the freaking video? show me the intel you got that ever blamed it upon that? if it doesn't exist why Mr. President (or Walt our resident 24hour Obama press secretary) please explain why you chose that as your cover story for the angry Muslims your administration either Rice or Clinton had been made aware of previously?

am really hoping Mitt works this into the debate somehow. It should fall under the category of leadership.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
words, words, words (like her husband)
responsibility is one thing, but she didn't take the blame . . .
she parses words like her husband

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 68 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,537
Posts18,491,415
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.