Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Charity
Not being a coffee addict or nothing... The best brand coffee I have found over the last 20 years of drinking it is by far.... Tim Hortons, 2 shots of hazelnut, 2 creams. 2nd in line as far as flavor is Millstone Foglifter. The nutty aftertones sets off the smooth flavor.

You have Tim Hortons coffee out there?! Timmy Ho's is a staple of coffee around home! They are a Buffalo/WNY place.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huh! I have lived in WNY, I always thought Timmy Ho's was a Canadian place.

The Canadian's had one at Kandahar in Afghanistan. It was a touch of heaven out there. Donuts and coffee.....yum!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hm...ya know, I guess you're right. It did originate in Canada, but I didn't konw that for some time after my first Timmy Ho's experience.

There was one down the hill from my high school in Jamestown and we'd go there all the time.

HAJ...which part of WNY did you live in?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rochester area and south towards Bath/Corning/Elmira.

I lived in almost every region of the state while growing up. I was born in Watertown, but lived outside of there in Adams Center. Moved near Albany in Gloversville/Mayfield, then lived in Cooperstown for a year, moved to Delhi/Oneonta area, hung out in New Paltz, moved to Syracuse (Liverpool & Baldwinsville), went to Bible School in Avon/Lima....

I've been around!laugh

Not many small towns in the State that I'm not at least somewhat familiar with.

I haven't seen a Tim Horton's down here in the south. I sure do miss them! They really put Dunkin Donuts to shame!

My parents still live in Bath, but are moving next month to Red Hook.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man...I've been all over that area!

There used to be a gun shop in Bath that I loved to stop at while traveling from Jamestown to the Adirondacks. We'd go across 86.

Let's see...right now I am living in Philly, but I am hoping to get home for Thanksgiving. PM me your addy if you would like, and I might just be able to send you some Timmy Ho's. I do believe they sell it in the stores.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My dad spends several hours a week at that shop. grin

I haven't been back to NY in about 5 years. I sure do miss this time of year there. Nothing better than getting up at 0:dark:30 in the morning, bundling up, sipping a hot mug of mud, and heading off into the NY wilderness.

I once got a speeding ticket in Jamestown! laugh I was coming back from Ft Campbell, KY through Ohio and into NY and sure enough as soon as I crossed the border, I was met with NY's finest....mad

If Tim Horton's sells ground coffee, you can certainly expect that PM!!! grin

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by djs
I drink 6 cups a day in the summer; in the winter, I drink 8+. (OK, I go to the bathroom a lot). I drink it black, just like God intended.
Haven't read the whole thread, but I definitely resemble this statement. laugh

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I just gave up the French Press & went back to drip, when I found out about Cafestol. Apparently, it raises LDL (bad) cholesterol. , and since my Dr. has started nagging about that, the French Press went back in the cabinet.

FC

Ouch. I think I'm going to pretend I didn't read this.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is that gunshop off of Morris St(?) in bath, parallel to Rte 17?
I bought a Mossberg stock there once.

My mom's family is north of Watertown near Theresa. Spent a lot of time there.
My wife is from west of Rochester in dairy country. I went to college SW of Rochester and still visit inlaws and the Brockport Tim Hortons up there on occasion.
For anyone from the Adams Center area- Bob's "cakes" and coffee... smile

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wta Keurig coffee maker for Christmas (not my idea) and it has worked out well. I can only drink one cup of regular coffee in the AM. There are coffees that will put a smile on anyone, especially old salts like Jorge. When the vender says "exrta bold" they ain't kidding! whistle

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

I'm such a nice guy that I just called the local shop in town and they DO sell ground coffee. Send the address my way, sir. It won't be for a few weeks that I get home, but I will be sure to do that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know Theresa. We have a family reunion in Govenour every year. My parents were born and raised in Oswegatchie. To this day, I'm trying to get my grandfather's 160 acre farm in Oswegatchie back in the family name.

I must be a glutton for punishment though as I detest the black flies and mosquito's up in St. Lawrence County. eek Real good fishing on Flatbottom Lake and the Black River, though.

I'm going through my rolladex of colleges in that area. Gennesseo?

I moved from Adams Center 30 years ago. I don't remember Bob's. Is that the old Colonial Inn establishment?

I believe that gun shop is one and the same, PS.

Man, you guys are taking me back to my youth! I really want to show my wife and sons that part of my past. To this day, the best sunrise I ever saw was sitting on the edge of one of the Finger Lakes...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

I'm such a nice guy that I just called the local shop in town and they DO sell ground coffee. Send the address my way, sir. It won't be for a few weeks that I get home, but I will be sure to do that.

Dooooooood! I owe ya!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No problem. Call it an early Christmas Present!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What are you hunting with these days? I'd be more than happy to send a box of ammo your way for your troubles.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I don't drink a lot of it but when the weather is overcast and rainy I do.

How do you like yours?

Sounds a little gay but a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks is pretty good. I make it less gay by sharing with the girlfriend. laugh

I do drink a lot of coffee ! Drinking a cup right now. Prefer it black.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do appreciate that. Only rifle I have currently (need to rectify this) is a 30-06 that I use for whitetail.

Man...all this talk of Tim Horton's makes me realize that I need to get some for myself!

I don't drink caffeine anymore, but when I am home, I am going to HAVE to get me a bag of the decaf coffee! Just don't seem right to only buy one thing of coffee.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
I don't drink a lot of it but when the weather is overcast and rainy I do.

How do you like yours?

Sounds a little gay but a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks is pretty good. I make it less gay by sharing with the girlfriend. laugh

I do drink a lot of coffee ! Drinking a cup right now. Prefer it black.

This mug is currently in my hand and filled with fresh folgers coffee....black. grin

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
I do appreciate that. Only rifle I have currently (need to rectify this) is a 30-06 that I use for whitetail.

Man...all this talk of Tim Horton's makes me realize that I need to get some for myself!

I don't drink caffeine anymore, but when I am home, I am going to HAVE to get me a bag of the decaf coffee! Just don't seem right to only buy one thing of coffee.

My pleasure!

Though it's impossible to have too many rifles, it's equally impossible to find any much more useful than a trusty 30-06. Does old reliable have a preference that it shoots particularly well?

Yep, it would be almost criminal not to get you some of that coffee!

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I dont drink it except when its really cold out side. It took 15 years of growing up to comprehend why my grandaddy used to always snicker when he would order his coffee. "Hot black and wet, just like my wemmin!"

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (AlleghenyMountain, 44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 14 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,839
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.