GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by BrentD
Who says I have any?

What I've killed has nothing to do with anything however.

Pretty much everything you say has nothing to do with anything either, neither is it constructive or informative.

You are welcome to that opinion. Personally, I and many others feel that bow seasons have become a joke due to crossbows used by everyone and not just the physically impaired. In the firearm season, not a problem.

Your mileage may vary.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slg888
Hell if a B&C buck steps out in front of my ATV... I'm going full throttle. smile

Good luck with that....I had a friend that hit a doe at 20 on his quad he got busted up pretty bad, quad didn't fair to well either.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Was it proven free-range, or penned and corn-fed?

"Proven"? Who the hell appointed you the deer police?

Where is it proven that you are authorized to even ask that question? Where is is proven that you are even competant to ask that question?

Pretty sure that it is "proven" that question was asked by a pure petty axx individual.

I detest AXXholes that automatically try to denigrate someone elses accomplishments everytime because it was not them.

Not sure where your attack is coming from, in response to the question asked. If the deer is a free-range large buck taken with legal equipment, then I'm all for it. If it was raised in a pen on corn and protein supplements, then it's nothing different than shooting cows in the pasture.

Obviously, there are good reasons for asking the question in the first place, but maybe those escape you.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Was it proven free-range, or penned and corn-fed?

Actually, I spoke with Danny, Fletcher's dad, this afternoon about it. They knew that Fletcher had shot an extraordinary deer and they called the DNR before moving the animal from the kill site. Two DNR officers documented and photographed the buck in the field before they moved it.

What the hell is the matter with you anyway?

Thank you for answering the question.

As to answering yours, nothing at all is wrong with me. I simply realize that many, many people have lied about their trophies in order to grab their five minutes of fame (including on this site itself), and thus I am quite skeptical about any new "record" these days. It appears that the hunter himself was aware of these types of shenanigans, and took prudent steps to document the authenticity of his trophy. Good for him.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by slg888
Hell if a B&C buck steps out in front of my ATV... I'm going full throttle. smile

Good luck with that....I had a friend that hit a doe at 20 on his quad he got busted up pretty bad, quad didn't fair to well either.
+1, I was just making a point. Ive had a couple bad ATV accidents that left me with a [bleep] up shoulder for life.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AllisonXTB
Originally Posted by selmer
Why would a deer killed with a crossbow not count? I don't get this discrimination thing. Let's kill 'em with pointy sticks!

I agree bout like saying,,,"That deer was killed with a rifle and not a black powder" So it does not count...Bullshit as long as its free range to each their own...Awesome buck anyway you look at it!!! smile

Hey douche bag, do you not remember chewing DA's ass because he killed a small meat deer although it was free range? STFU and GFY.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I don't agree with the use of crossbows in the archery season, but that is one helluva deer.

Friggen monster.
We're going to sink or swim together on this one guys. It's kind of like the feud between the traditional ML shooters and the in-line guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
The problem with compound bows or crossbows is in the hands of a competent shooter they can almost match a rifle. My son-in-law practices at 100 yards. He killed a coyote at a lasered 89 yards with his bow.

What's up with this challenging a guy as long as it's legal?!
So now this thread has degenerated to the point where not only crossbows, but compound bows are demonized. What's next? Rifle scopes? Why don't we go after smokeless powder too? How about them thar newfangled treestands? Obviously the guys using these are lazy, unethical slobs......

What would you have us do? Go back to running 'em off cliffs or throwing rocks at them?

What a crock of schidt.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
man if i see a eve deer like that in georgia, ill probably miss

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Penned and corn fed are some of the comments I have read on this thread....He is a close friend of my son's and his family is first class. I swear some folks on this board kill me.

NO...there are NO fenced operations in Worth County GA...he killed it on a 53 acre tract entirely fair chase.

This is truly one of those stories where you can say, "It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy"

Last edited by Godogs57; 10/25/12.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a fantastic deer! You guys that know the shooter, see if you can find out the story that goes with this buck. How far was the shot? How long did he watch the deer before he could get a shot? Did he know that this monster was in the woods with him and he was hoping to get a shot or was this the first time the buck had been seen? That kind of stuff....You know, the kind of stuff we would ask if we were sitting around a campfire with him.

I've been shooting a bow since 1963. I have a crossbow, a Mathews compound and more recurves than I should. My choice is a recurve without sights, but I am better with a compound with sights. I shot my crossbow for one season when I was having some shoulder problems and couldn't stand the thing. As a bow hunter I don't have a problem with anyone using what ever he wants to use as long as the law allows it. I remember when compounds first came out a friend went out and bought an Allen compound. He then found out that the state of Georgia didn't allow compounds to be used deer hunting. Times change and so does equipment.

Harry
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Good grief....on the buck....and the pissfight.

Thanks for posting Allison, helluva deer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aalf
Big bucks with crossbows don't turn my crank......

Big bucks with compound bows don't impress me either. A real sportsman uses a stick bow. Try holding one of those at full draw for 5 minutes. smirk

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by noharleyyet
Good grief....on the buck....and the pissfight.

Thanks for posting Allison, helluva deer.

No chit NHY, and we're all gonna be using X-bows if we live long enough or are injured.

Helluva LEGAL buck.

Gunner

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just another rifle kill as far as I'm concerned.
What rifle {or handgun for that matter} do you have that only shoots it's projectiles 350 fps ? The only thing I have in that neighborhood is my old Red Ryder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by aalf
Big bucks with crossbows don't turn my crank......

Big bucks with compound bows don't impress me either. A real sportsman uses a stick bow. Try holding one of those at full draw for 5 minutes.

Got rid of the training wheels in 93......

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Just another rifle kill as far as I'm concerned.
What rifle {or handgun for that matter} do you have that only shoots it's projectiles 350 fps ? The only thing I have in that neighborhood is my old Red Ryder.

Being an idiot is all let em talk...I bet his trophy wall is empty!!! wink

"Hey hold my beer while I shoot this buck"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Godogs57
...he killed it on a 53 acre tract entirely fair chase.

This is truly one of those stories where you can say, "It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy"
Glad to hear it. Congrats to him. I'd shoot myself in the foot if saw something like that from a stand.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Penned and corn fed are some of the comments I have read on this thread....He is a close friend of my son's and his family is first class. I swear some folks on this board kill me.

NO...there are NO fenced operations in Worth County GA...he killed it on a 53 acre tract entirely fair chase.

The penis envy on this sight never ceases to amaze me. Good to hear a personal account of the guy. Thanks!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 308ld, 2500HD, 11 invisible), 1,546 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,635
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.