Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DocRocket
[i]
We need more sensible conservatives. As for the feeble conservatives, they should take a couple of aspirin and then stay quietly indoors until the temper has subsided and they are ready to say and do something useful again.

Deaf ears to that around here.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Whatever you think of the Obama record, it's worth keeping in mind that by any measure, free enterprise has been winning the game for a long, long time to this point.

Compare the United States of 2012 to the United States of 1962. Leave aside the obvious points about segregation and discrimination, and look only at the economy.

In 1962, the government regulated the price and route of every airplane, every freight train, every truck and every merchant ship in the United States. The government regulated the price of natural gas. It regulated the interest on every checking account and the commission on every purchase or sale of stock. Owning a gold bar was a serious crime that could be prosecuted under the Trading with the Enemy Act. The top rate of income tax was 91%.

It was illegal to own a telephone. Phones had to be rented from the giant government-regulated monopoly that controlled all telecommunications in the United States. All young men were subject to the military draft and could escape only if they entered a government-approved graduate course of study. The great concern of students of American society -- of liberals such as David Riesman, of conservatives such as Russell Kirk, and of radicals such as Dwight Macdonald -- was the country's stultifying, crushing conformity.

Even if you look only at the experiences of white heterosexual men, the United States of 2012 is a freer country in almost every way than the United States of 1962.

The presented facts are correct but the conclusion is laughable. The Code of Federal Regulations exceeded 163,000 pages in 2009.

Last edited by BarryC; 11/13/12.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A good article.

It proves one thing I've been saying all along, perception is reality and reality is the truth. Team Obama did a better job creating perceptions than the Team Romney did so Team Obama won.

As to limited government, that's over and has been for sometime. Limited government means less power for politicians and no politician or government is ever going to reduce it's power. We the People don't want a nation state with a government that has limited power for if we did Ron Paul politicians would be elected instead of being made fun of and called kooks and crazy. We the People want a bigger government to regulate every aspect of our lives from cradle to grave.

The next president, no matter the party, will be the one who can create the best perception as reality and truth and is willing grow government even bigger. A president who was great at creating perceptions and growing government was Ronald Reagan.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It proves one thing I've been saying all along, perception is reality and reality is the truth. Team Obama did a better job creating perceptions than the Team Romney did so Team Obama won.

There's a disconnect in there somewhere.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse

There's a disconnect in there somewhere.

No disconnect. If you study the perceptions that Team Obama created about Team Romney it's no wonder that Team Obama won. If you Republicans can't see that than you guys will never win another presidential election.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Perhaps a moment to reflect on what other countries have to say about the extension of the Kenyan Kid`s term in office.
This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon:

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
Joe

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Doc, respectfully, you're just as much in denial as a lot of the guys who have the guns to their heads. Thus, your lack of desperation/depression, is a false one. There are times when desperation and depression are appropriate responses. They may or may not be productive and they may or may not be counter-productive, but appropriate, nonetheless.

What you've got is one side that thinks everything can be solved by just taking rich folks' shixt. Nine times out of ten, it ain't even the rich folks they're spoiling, it's just folks that have more than they do. The rich seldom are touched. You've got the other side that thinks everything can be solved by taking the middle classes' shixt. There ain't really any middle class left, just folks that are less rich and those that are not as poor as some others.

Both sides do the bidding, at the uppermost levels, of the ultra rich who have no allegiance to anybody or anything except themselves and wealth. Our task must be to take the government back from the descendants, either physical or political, sometimes both, of the same masters we had in the old country and whom our ancestors sought to escape by coming here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I'm rejecting Frum's analysis out of hand, but not just because it was presented by CNN. David Frum is an idiot. He states as fact all the things we know to be false. He ascribes good where evil exists, and pushes a Pollyanna world view that is patently wrong.
America is not a society divided between "makers" and "takers." Instead, almost all of us proceed through a life cycle where we sometimes make and sometimes take as we pass from schooling to employment to retirement.

that is fundamentally wrong. There are HUGE benefits arising out of membership in select sub groups of Americans.
It is only going to get worse, so far as 'white people' goes.
The 'recipient class', largely black, hispanic, female and uneducated, does not pass through stages of making and employment. Those folks by pass those steps, and proceed directly to 'taking'
The trick now, is to, on an individual basis, do what we can to lessen the impact on us as persons.
The government is indeed, the enemy. Our fellow Americans are truly the enemy.

I tend to believe you are correct, Sam. When I try to understand what a writer is saying I get bogged down in trying to determine which definition he is attaching to his words. They mean one thing to him but may mean something entirely different to me. My definitions are the correct ones in my mind. smile

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."

Not the first time someone has said that.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love good propaganda. They can make it sound so convincing. Almost like it is written by professional liars grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude

No disconnect. If you study the perceptions that Team Obama created about Team Romney it's no wonder that Team Obama won. If you Republicans can't see that than you guys will never win another presidential election.
No kidding.. Conservatives never promise FREE stuff, and the GOP hasn't learned that either.. Therefore, you are correct - we'll have a Dem prez from now on..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No. All we have to do is promise to bankrupt our country quicker buy giving away more free stuff than the dimocraps.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Neocons like David Frum are going to be pointing fingers at everything except reality from here on out.

But the fact is,...as long as the GOP candidate says that all our dreams will come true from another war in the Middle East, you need to get used to a Democrat in the White House.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dude if you think any of that BS is true....you're on another planet!! Conservatives are OUTNUMBERED.....by those on the dole and it's only gonna get moreso! The checks won't stop coming because as long as the paper holds out....Obama is gonna print $$$$$$; it just won't be worth the paper it's written on! Go back and study German History in the era 1918 to 1930 for an 'inkling' of what's in store for America!!

http://www.usagold.com/germannightmare.html

Last edited by RMulhern; 11/13/12.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dude if you think any of that BS is true....you're on another planet!! Conservatives are OUTNUMBERED.....

Yer a prime example that thinks dumbphuck wars'' in the ME is a 'conservative' policy.

It aint, it's flaming liberal schit, and Bristoe is spot on as usual.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Doc, I ain't got despair. It's call red ass.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm in total agreement with your thoughts of late.
========

I see you took Doc up on his offer for some prescribed drugs!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only difference between a conservative and a liberal is which one gets to collect the money and spend it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Dude if you think any of that BS is true....you're on another planet!! Conservatives are OUTNUMBERED.....

Yer a prime example that thinks dumbphuck wars'' in the ME is a 'conservative' policy.

It aint, it's flaming liberal schit, and Bristoe is spot on as usual.

So you're a firm believer that all that Obama suggest and has created is the right thing to do!! Talk about 'dumbphuck'....that line of thinking suggest you're it!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I beginning to think we are just old milk cows.We make the milk and someone else just takes it.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 40 invisible), 3,096 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,612
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.