-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Blackheart your hatred of free enterprise is not surprising...everyone that voted for Obama does just that, vote for a living!

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
Blackheart your hatred of free enterprise is not surprising...everyone that voted for Obama does just that, vote for a living!
I didn't vote for obama and in fact have never voted for a Democrat in my life you stupid [bleep].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Barkoff
No, like many of the juvenile delinquents here he's stomping his feet and throwing a little temper tantrum because his dufus GOP candidate didn't get elected and Obamacare overturned. Now he's determined to take advantage of and punish his cutomers and employee's because he didn't get his way. For that he deserves nothing but contempt.

Yes, but you are the one stomping his feet throwing the temper tantrum because he won't go along with the program. Did you really expect that business would just swallow this with out passing it down to the consumer, because it sounds like you sure did. I mean you are either OK with him eating the loss, or passing the costs on to his customers so long as he doesn't make a profit from it. To either of those I say FU, I don't want to pay.
Man you've gotta be one of the densest here and that takes some doing. I can't blame a guy covering his costs and would expect that from anyone. What I do mind is smarmy kocksuckers who'll take advantage of a situation to screw both customers and employee's out of money.

You are the dense one, you just said it again, you aren't angry with him passing the cost along to the consumer, so long as he doesn't make a profit, I'm pissed either way that he has to. Again, you haven't a clue to what he is doing becasue you don't know the numbers, you have got your panties in a bunch over what you suspect he might be doing.

The decisions he makes are his, whether or not they meet with your approval, but you have already attributed motives to his actions, and you just don't know.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Five percent is alot, especially when he plans on cutting "most" of his employee's to less than 30 hrs. per week to avoid the fines. If you don't like the idea of covering his extra costs, I really fail to see why you'd be fine with tacking on some extra profit for him besides.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fine...if he were. Just wait for a carbon taxes next.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're just not getting it: Blackheart the Magnificent sees all, knows all. He'd divined the fact that this owner is not expecting to see direct and indirect costs due to Obamacare to the tune of $$30-70K or so per restaurant, even with personnel changes. Because this black hearted (pun intended) scoundrel, is making changes to personnel and implementing the surcharge, he is destined to spend an eternity freezing next to Satan's nuts.

Blackheart has spoken, thus shall it be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to mention we should all be thankful that somebody in business is willing to put into terms what every Obama voter needs to learn.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I understand alot more than you think. Try applying your 5% profit margin to 330K and tell me what a 5% surcharge on total sales would amount to per store. Then get back to me on this poor bastard being able to cover his additional 70,000.00 per year Obamacare expenses.

How did you figure out 70K idiot?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I understand alot more than you think. Try applying your 5% profit margin to 330K and tell me what a 5% surcharge on total sales would amount to per store. Then get back to me on this poor bastard being able to cover his additional 70,000.00 per year Obamacare expenses.

It was in the article idiot. Damn, not only are you uglier than a hatfull of asswholes, you're dumber than dogschit !

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Five percent is alot, especially when he plans on cutting "most" of his employee's to less than 30 hrs. per week to avoid the fines. If you don't like the idea of covering his extra costs, I really fail to see why you'd be fine with tacking on some extra profit for him besides.

You don't AVOID them, you lesson them.

Every 120 hours of part time employee hours count as one employee.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

It was in the article idiot. Damn, not only are you uglier than a hatfull of asswholes, you're dumber than dogschit !

You're the only one that enjoyed Sandusky Summer Football camp.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Total sales? Total profit. How much profit do you think they make in a year on 40 restaurants? How much will the penalty be?

Denny's made $538 million for 1600+ locations. You can do the math for 40 locations. The penalties will likely be in the $500,000-$1million dollar range.

Get your wife cracking on those numbers.
They made 538 million PROFIT you dumb [bleep]. The 5% surcharge is on TOTAL SALES. He claims his cost in fines AS THINGS STAND would total 70,000.oo per restaurant. That's AS THINGS STAND. After he cuts "most of the staff's time to fewer than 30 hours per week" to avoid the fines, It'll be alot less.
You're just eat up with it aren't you? This guy is not "Denny's". He's ONE franchisee that only operates 40 restaurants.
538m divided by 1600 (and there are more than that many restaurants) is only $33k per store. He'd have to cut his full time staff by over 95% to avoid any penalites or costs. But maybe that's what he meant by 'most'? Good grief, reading comprehension really is a thing of the past.

The way I see it...which most certainly could be wrong.....

538,000,000 divided by 1600 (should be more) = ~$336,250 profit per store

At 5% profit margin, that means the total income for per store would be ~$6,725,000

Calculating the new 5% surcharge would be ~$336,250 extra per store.

If the estimated cost per store for the healthcare is going to be ~$70,000 he's making an extra profit of ~$266,250 more per store than he was before.

The extra profit of ~$266,250 by the 40 stores he operates = ~$10,650,000 more per year he is making AFTER the extimated extra costs are removed!

I only looked at this quickly and don't know that I have all the right numbers, but from the numbers listed (which could be wrong) in the thread it looks like the guy is crying about how hard he has it while he fleeces everyone (customers, workers, goverment) on the deal.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Not to mention we should all be thankful that somebody in business is willing to put into terms what every Obama voter needs to learn.
He ain't charging the extra just for Obama voters. He's charging it to 100% of his customers when only 30% of them were in favor of Obamacare in the first place.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep, you came up with the same figures I did.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You don't AVOID them, you lesson them.
I think you meant to say "lessen" when you should have said "reduce". Right retard ?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess you will need to bring in your voter card with you when you go there to eat.

If you voted for o then you get the increase,if not you are golden.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How many hours did those employee's start with?

Were these minimum wage jobs or something higher?

How much money does that equate to?

Does it cover the expense of the fines completely, or was more needed to do that?

I can't see his books, so I have no idea.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$538M is a red herring. From Denny's third quarter report, 2012:

http://ir.dennys.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=113027&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1751812&highlight=

System-wide same-store sales grew 0.4%, which marks the sixth consecutive quarter that system-wide same-store sales have been positive.

Opened 12 franchised units, including the first international university unit located in Canada at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology.

Signed first international development agreement in South America for 10 units in Chile.

Franchise operating margin increased $1.0 million to $22.3 million while franchise operating margin (as a percentage of franchise and license revenue) was 64.9%.

Company restaurant operating margin increased 0.6 percentage points to 14.7% compared with the prior year, and was impacted by $1.3 million for unfavorable workers� compensation claims development.
Adjusted Income Before Taxes* grew 9.3% to $13.1 million compared with the prior year.
Net income of $5.4 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, was impacted by $2.5 million in impairment expense and $1.3 million for unfavorable workers� compensation claims development.

Generated $12.9 million of Free Cash Flow* in the quarter which was used to reduce outstanding term loan debt by $7.0 million and repurchase 1.0 million shares.

So in other words, all speculation based on the $538M figure is unadulterated horse crap. I have no idea where it came from, but it obviously is not Denny's annual corporate profit, and obviously has nothing to do with an individual franchisee's profits. My cite proves this, but by all means please attempt to refute.

What exactly will the incremental costs be due to the Obama healthcare regulations, over the next couple of years? Until that is known, for this owner's restaurants, all of this "he's ripping off everybody" ranting is nonsense.

Scott

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Wow, a rare crybaby Obama supporter who posts here on the campfire, posts like yours belong on liberal sites like the Huffington post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The FREE MARKET will decide.....

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 14 invisible), 1,027 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.