Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My family is my responsibility, your family is your responsibility.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FOsteology
There's a reason the Chinese and Indians are swooping in and taking all the high paying jobs. American students are by and large too damn lazy and entitled to work hard and get degrees that will ACTUALLY enable them to obtain good jobs.

Our broken educational system tells kids from an early age that you have to go to college to get a good job. However, it doesn't emphasize and stress what you actually have to go to college for! Any old degree simply will not suffice!

So kids graduate in six years with a degree in Psych., English, Physical Ed., underwater basket weaving, etc., and turn around and say, "Hey, where's my good paying job!?"

Not quite. Jobs are being shipped overseas because it means cheap labor and bigger salaries and bonuses and golden parachutes for CEOs.

The only additional costs to the company might be installing suicide nets to catch the slaves as they try to end their miserable lives in unbearable working conditions.

Pretty altruistic of the company and CEOs....huh?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Lots of jobs available in North Dakota that pay a very good wage, its an oil boom! All you have to do is pass a drug test. If you have a CDL, then congratulations... welcome to 6 figure a year salary driving oil to the transload facilities.

Choices are not always easy, sometimes the job isnt worth working at. Nobody is making them stay at WalMart. The hours, and the treatment of the employees is not anything that interest me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
With the ecnomy the way it is and un-employment being what it is I doubt Wal Mart will have a hell of a lot of trouble finding people who will work for them.
Yep, it's a real buyers market for employers.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If ya think being a CEO is the way ta go, run right out and be one. Sheesh, that was easy. No law agin it.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Walmart jobs are part time, HS kids, college kids, second family, SS supplementing, second personal... they aren't living wage jobs. Unless you move up to management.

These same idiots think 12.00 an hour for unskilled labors is too low...

Think I'll strike my bagger job at the dollar store...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Who the [bleep] told you someone to have kids if they can't afford it.

Be grateful for minimum wage as I'm sure you aren't worth it.
I know lots of folks who had good jobs a few years ago but not today. There are going to be more and more of them the way things are going.

Not everyone that gets fired is the best worker in the world. Things change, folks need to change with them.

I know quite a few folks a few years ago that were alive. There are going to be more deaths.

I've been through many downturns in the 20 years I've been in the workforce. Accept for short sited incompetent managers that feel threatened by compentent employees, companies layoff those that are the least beneficial to their opperations.

I've heard it said 1/3 of the employees do most of the work, 1/3 are just kinda there, and 1/3 do more harm than good. Those percentages are likely a bit off, but I think anyone who is honest can look around where they work and find their co-workers fall into those catagories.

The real reason copmany layoffs hurt the companies is not from clearing out the deadwood. It's because their best and brightest see the writing on the wall, update their resumes, and are actively lining up a better gig.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read complaints on here about working six days a week . . . expectations that 40 hours should suffice . . . I want to go home every night . . . I can't live on minimum wage (duh!) . . . "we" instead of "I" . . . etc.

The tip about the work in North Dakota will probably be ignored by every person on here who is complaining . . . because it requires work and hours they have never before considered or experienced. The work and money is there if you are willing to get up off the sofa and turn off Oprah and get after it. Read the timeless classic book . . . The Go-Getter!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spent my weekend on a work trip, working 12 hour days in the arctic. I was thankful to have an additional 4 hours work on Friday, and 24 for the weekend. I don't make time and 1/2, but have never turned down extra work hours. Yeah, woulda been nice to have the weekend off and been home every nite, but you do what you need to do for your family.

I figure if work is going well I'm going to look forward to 10-15% hours on top of my 40, and will be spending several nights away from home.

If things dried up in the patch here and I had to go to N-Dak, Houston, or a foreign country, I'd be there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems to me a job is a job is a job today. I guess one should be thankful to have a job.

I suppose these are people trying to figure out how to get an Obama handout.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ackley33806
SO, you do NOT think people should have the right to speak up for better conditions and pay without being fired for it ?? Where do you work and how much do you make a year ?? I hate walmart too but WALMART is the problem. If they would pay better they might get better help ?? The guy I work for has spent close to $70 MILLION dollars on building and new equipment and there is no end in sight to the erxpansion and spending but in 6 years the employees have received a whopping 35 cent raise and the guy GLARED at us and told us we were NOT worth it and then posted in the local paper that they couldn't find people that were trained in this business and wanted to work. We have been on 6 days a week every other week since last Feburary and there is no end in sight of that either. Now understand. When we were hired, this guy PROMISED a decent living wage. On a 40 hour week, a family of 4 qualifies for food stamps and are making what YOUR govt says is poverty level wages yet there is not a union to give us a means and power to be able to push this issue so we can have a better life this guy SAYS we are getting. ALSO UNDERSTAND in the summer we work 6 days a week in 100 to 125 degree heat. NOW I figure you are going to say well he is making more jobs and paying more taxes and my answer to that is He got a government grant... OUR TAXES... for a lot of this. Taking our money and giving it to him so he can be richer ?? and we are still on poverty level wages. BUT>>> If HE gets stressed out he can just run to the OZARKS and his $6 million "CABIN" !! I do not begrudge him making alot of money. He started this business from scratch. I DO begrudge him starving us so he can have more millions. Going so far as to close a business I agree is wrong but is starving a family not a greater sin ??

What country are you from? You don't speak like an American.

BTW: Sam Walton is dead.

The corporation has made it's decisions. If you don't like them go work for somebody else or better yet go start your own retail operation and you to, if your successful, can make billions.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Pretty altruistic of the company and CEOs....huh?

why is it that every time a union person speaks on this board it is to say that somebody else should be looking out for them?

why would you think that, and why would you WANT that? what ever happened to making your own way? have we really devolved to the point that union workers and welfare recipients both have the same core beliefs?

"it is the responsibility of a CEO to look out for my monetary well-being, simply because i think he should."

isn't that what your altruistic CEO statement means?

ALTRUISTIC: the principle or practice of concern for the welfare of others. It is a traditional virtue in many cultures, and a core aspect of various religious traditions, though the concept of 'others' toward whom concern should be directed can vary among cultures and religions. Altruism is the opposite of selfishness.

Altruism can be distinguished from feelings of duty and loyalty. Altruism is a motivation to provide something of value to a party who must be anyone but oneself, while duty focuses on a moral obligation towards a specific individual (e.g., a god, a king), or collective (e.g., a government). Pure altruism consists of sacrificing something for someone other than the self (e.g. sacrificing time, energy or possessions) with no expectation of any compensation or benefits, either direct, or indirect (e.g., receiving recognition for the act of giving).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FOsteology
There's a reason the Chinese and Indians are swooping in and taking all the high paying jobs. American students are by and large too damn lazy and entitled to work hard and get degrees that will ACTUALLY enable them to obtain good jobs.

Our broken educational system tells kids from an early age that you have to go to college to get a good job. However, it doesn't emphasize and stress what you actually have to go to college for! Any old degree simply will not suffice!

So kids graduate in six years with a degree in Psych., English, Physical Ed., underwater basket weaving, etc., and turn around and say, "Hey, where's my good paying job!?"

Well I don't know about a degree in underwater basket weaving, grin but good jobs can be had Psych and English in Fortune 500 companies.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
Welfare should suck azz, the goobermint has made it desirable for folks to be on welfare, then their kids see this easy life and want to be on it when they grow up too. FUGGIN INFURIATES ME!

I agree with you on all statements in this post except one...... Those kinds of people never grow up!

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I do not begrudge him making alot of money. He started this business from scratch. I DO begrudge him starving us so he can have more millions. Going so far as to close a business I agree is wrong but is starving a family not a greater sin ??

see, here's where we all get off track.

OF COURSE being greedy when you already have millions of dollars is wrong. and yes "he" should not do that.

but who the crap are we to decide that collectively? pack your crap up and go find another job. but two wrongs don't make a right, and planning and scheming to walk out on the busiest day of the year should get you summarily fired.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know what altruistic means you stupid hick. But I'm glad I could add to your limited vocabulary.

I'm not union never have been, in fact I own and run a very successful business that I started from scratch without one dime financed. So take your accusations and shove'em up your dumbas.s.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SO, you do NOT think people should have the right to speak up for better conditions and pay without being fired for it ?? Where do you work and how much do you make a year ?? I hate walmart too but WALMART is the problem. If they would pay better they might get better help ?? The guy I work for has spent close to $70 MILLION dollars on building and new equipment and there is no end in sight to the erxpansion and spending but in 6 years the employees have received a whopping 35 cent raise and the guy GLARED at us and told us we were NOT worth it and then posted in the local paper that they couldn't find people that were trained in this business and wanted to work. We have been on 6 days a week every other week since last Feburary and there is no end in sight of that either. Now understand. When we were hired, this guy PROMISED a decent living wage. On a 40 hour week, a family of 4 qualifies for food stamps and are making what YOUR govt says is poverty level wages yet there is not a union to give us a means and power to be able to push this issue so we can have a better life this guy SAYS we are getting. ALSO UNDERSTAND in the summer we work 6 days a week in 100 to 125 degree heat. NOW I figure you are going to say well he is making more jobs and paying more taxes and my answer to that is He got a government grant... OUR TAXES... for a lot of this. Taking our money and giving it to him so he can be richer ?? and we are still on poverty level wages. BUT>>> If HE gets stressed out he can just run to the OZARKS and his $6 million "CABIN" !! I do not begrudge him making alot of money. He started this business from scratch. I DO begrudge him starving us so he can have more millions. Going so far as to close a business I agree is wrong but is starving a family not a greater sin ??

I'm thinking if you had anything going for you wouldn't be working at a Wally World. The local store here looks like little Mogadishu both customers and the clerks.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd have to be purdy damn hungry to work at Walmart on blackfriday.

Stupid azz day anyway.

Always pleased to see stories of idiots trampled at 4AM.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking if you had anything going for you wouldn't be working at a Wally World. The local store here looks like little Mogadishu both customers and the clerks.

Sounds like you live in Selma, AL because that sounds exactly like the Wal-Mart there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, you're a straight up asswhole and I've thought so ever since I started reading your posts.

There is an asswhole involved in this conversation and it ain't Les, or me for that matter. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (308xray, 1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 444afic, 17 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,085
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.