Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A minimum wage job won't even come close to paying for the bare neccesities today.

Yes it does. You will not die of exposure or die of starvation/dehydration if you work for minimum wage. In fact, someone who is frugal can live a decent life on minimum wage.

It doesn't give you enough for a Iphone 4, which minimum wage employees seem to think they are entitled to.

Completely agree Calvin. There's probably a couple billion people across the globe who would be thrilled to live in what we classify as poverty.

Still, I'll never begrudge anyone who tries to get ahead nor judge them unless I walk in their shoes. If someone wants to go on strike and risk their job for more money, that's their choice to make and I'll keep my nose out of it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If someone wants to go on strike and risk their job for more money, that's their choice to make and I'll keep my nose out of it.

So you say, and yet you are not. confused miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Not quite. Jobs are being shipped overseas because it means cheap labor and bigger salaries and bonuses and golden parachutes for CEOs.

The only additional costs to the company might be installing suicide nets to catch the slaves as they try to end their miserable lives in unbearable working conditions.

Pretty altruistic of the company and CEOs....huh?

I thought jobs were being shipped overseas because American consumers all want cheaper prices. And all the shareholders are clamoring for a good return on their investment, which means the company has to cut costs. If the CEO does that, isn't he doing EXACTLY what his owners are asking him to do?

Seems to me that America should take pride in, and make profits from, manufacturing, and not just making money off money in the stock market.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by rrroae
A minimum wage job won't even come close to paying for the bare neccesities today.

Yes it does. You will not die of exposure or die of starvation/dehydration if you work for minimum wage. In fact, someone who is frugal can live a decent life on minimum wage.

It doesn't give you enough for a Iphone 4, which minimum wage employees seem to think they are entitled to.

Completely agree Calvin. There's probably a couple billion people across the globe who would be thrilled to live in what we classify as poverty.

Still, I'll never begrudge anyone who tries to get ahead nor judge them unless I walk in their shoes. If someone wants to go on strike and risk their job for more money, that's their choice to make and I'll keep my nose out of it.

Just to prove a point to the wife the other night, I sat down with a calculator and proved that we could eat just fine with adequate calorie intake on $1 a day each, or $1.50 a day for the pair of us. And that didn't even include the mountains of salmon/halibut/venison that I harvest annually.

That's one thing I don't understand about those Doomsday Preppers. It seems like a bunch of fatties stockpiling food in order to make sure they never miss a meal.. Wouldn't they be better prepared to learn to live on 1k calories a day, or even learn to live going 10-20 days without a meal, without a giant mind [bleep]?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

What [bleep]' fantasy land do you live in ? A full time minimum wage job will leave you with roughly 1,000.00 per month after taxes. Rent for a dumpy 1 bedroom apartment will run you 450-550.00 per month no utilities included. Add on 80.00 per month for electric, 300.00 per month heat {conservative as hell} and you've got 120.00 per month left to keep wheels under you and buy food. No phone, no garbage removal, no tv and god forbid you get sick and need some medical attention. Good luck living on minimum wage moron. Ain't gonna happen no matter how smart or how frugal you think you are.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's EASY to live on 1k a month, and many many do. They must be smarter than you.. Congratulations, you are dumber than a minimum wage employee.

The people who get in trouble, are people who make a certain wage, and then live HIGHER than that wage allows. (like most liberals) They think they are entitled to a lifestyle they have not worked for, or earned.

Should a minimum wage salaried person want to live higher than a minimum wage job allows... then they need to get a new job. That's what I did.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It's EASY to live on 1k a month, and many many do. They must be smarter than you.. Congratulations, you are dumber than a minimum wage employee.

The people who get in trouble, are people who make a certain wage, and then live HIGHER than that wage allows. (like most liberals) They think they are entitled to a lifestyle they have not worked for, or earned.

Should a minimum wage salaried person want to live higher than a minimum wage job allows... then they need to get a new job. That's what I did.

I lived on a minumum wage job for 9 months when I was younger but I slept in a camper on my buddies hunting land, cooked rabbits, squirrels, woodchucks, sunfish, bullheads, frog legs and dandelion greens over an open fire for every meal, bathed in a [bleep]' creek and schit over a goddam log in the woods every day. You claim you can live in a heated apartment {what a [bleep]' joke}, drive to work {neccesary for folks in rural areas}, eat store bought food and have an I phone besides and your a goddam LIAR ! Just try keeping a beater car on the road today for less than 5,000.00 per year {insurance, gas, repairs, maintenance} and let me know how that works out for you moron. That's damn near HALF of your minimum wage job right there !

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Typical "I can't do it, therefore no one can!" mentality that runs rampant these days..

Funny how thousands of immigrants can do just fine on mimimum wage, and actually SAVE money for a better life.. But our very own Blackheart has to live in a van down by the river eating dandelion's on 1k a month.

Congratulations, you just confirmed you are a bigger fool than I originally thought you were.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
haha this is funny and I can't let this go.

Blackheart..

Why don't you break down your 1k monthly budget you spent while living in a van down by the river. This will be hilarious..

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Typical "I can't do it, therefore no one can!" mentality that runs rampant these days..

Funny how thousands of immigrants can do just fine on mimimum wage, and actually SAVE money for a better life.. But our very own Blackheart has to live in a van down by the river eating dandelion's on 1k a month.

Congratulations, you just confirmed you are a bigger fool than I originally thought you were.
Yeah, I've seen your "immigrants" first hand you worthless, lieing SOB ! They don't mind living 10 deep in a run down, roach infested, one bedroom apartment and eating rice/beans for every goddam meal. That you would advocate same for your fellow countrymen is telling indeed you worthless, lieing POS !

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Blackheart..

Why don't you break down your 1k monthly budget you spent while living in a van down by the river. This will be hilarious..

Why don't you "break it down" for me how you're going to live on minimum wage for me asswhole. Don't forget to include reasonable rent/utilities/transportation/food/ insurance/ garbage removal you goddam CLUELESS liein' SOB.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I know lots of folks who had good jobs a few years ago but not today. There are going to be more and more of them the way things are going.
Well that's O bams fault!!!!!!! As you said they had good jobs under Bush!!!!

For every law that's passed, a little freedom dies!!!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by wyote
I know lots of folks who had good jobs a few years ago but not today. There are going to be more and more of them the way things are going.
Well that's O bams fault!!!!!!! As you said they had good jobs under Bush!!!!
Goddam you're a dumb Kocksucker ! I'm no Obam supporter. Never have been, never will be.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'd be interested in the $1 per day menu breakdown...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Blackheart..

Why don't you "break it down" for me how you're going to live on minimum wage for me asswhole. Don't forget to include reasonable rent/utilities/transportation/food/ insurance/ garbage removal you goddam CLUELESS liein' SOB.

Didn't think you would/could! hahahaha

Come on... break it down for us. Lets hear about that Van down by the river, and how that's the best you could do on 1k a month!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Followup story:

Wal-Mart files U.S. labor charge against union

Wal-Mart Stores Inc is taking its first legal step to stop months of protests and rallies outside Walmart stores, targeting the union that it says is behind such actions.

Wal-Mart filed an unfair labor practice charge against the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, or UFCW, asking the National Labor Relations Board to halt what the retailer says are unlawful attempts to disrupt its business.

The move comes just a week before what is expected to be the largest organized action against the world's largest retailer, as a small group of Walmart workers prepare to strike on Black Friday, typically the busiest shopping day of the year.

"We are taking this action now because we cannot allow the UFCW to continue to intentionally seek to create an environment that could directly and adversely impact our customers and associates," Wal-Mart spokesman David Tovar said on Friday. "If they do, they will be held accountable."

The union is undeterred. "Walmart is grasping at straws," said UFCW Communications Director Jill Cashen. "There's nothing in the law that gives an employer the right to silence workers and citizens."

Protests and rallies outside Walmart stores around the country and other actions such as flash mobs have been orchestrated by groups including OUR Walmart, a coalition of thousands of Walmart workers that wants to collectively push for better wages, benefits and working conditions.

OUR Walmart and another group, Making Change at Walmart, are affiliated with the UFCW. The union represents more than 1 million workers, including many at retailers that compete with Walmart. According to a filing with the Labor Department, OUR Walmart was a subsidiary of the UFCW as of 2011. It is unclear whether it remains a subsidiary or has legally separated from the union.

"Wal-Mart is in effect firing a shot across the bow of the UFCW, essentially saying 'Look, you can expect this and more unless you desist,'" said Harley Shaiken, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who specializes in labor issues.

Filing with the NLRB suggests that the protests have caught the attention of Wal-Mart, which has no union-represented workers in the United States.

"The fact that Wal-Mart is responding in such a public way is itself both unusual and indicative that they truly don't want to see this spread," Shaiken said.

The NLRB typically receives a charge and investigates. At times, it resolves issues without issuing a complaint, spokesman Tony Wagner said. While most of its investigations take about six weeks, they can be expedited under certain criteria, he said.

Numerous activities over the past year or longer "have caused disruptions to Walmart's business, resulted in misinformation being shared publicly about our company, and created an uncomfortable environment and undue stress on Walmart's customers, including families with children," Walmart outside counsel Steven Wheeless said in a letter sent on Friday to Deborah Gaydos, assistant general counsel of the UFCW.

PICKETING PROHIBITED

The National Labor Relations Act prohibits such picketing for more than 30 days without the filing of a representation petition. The NLRA also requires the NLRB to seek a federal court injunction against such activity, the letter states.

The OUR Walmart group of current and former Walmart employees has been organizing 1,000 protests including strikes and what it called online actions that began this week and will culminate on Black Friday

Strikes and protests have been planned across the country. For example, workers walked off the job in Seattle on Thursday and in Dallas on Friday, OUR Walmart said.

Bentonville, Arkansas-based Wal-Mart said that anyone who is not an employee is prohibited from coming onto its owned or controlled parking lots or other facilities to solicit, hand out literature or otherwise engage in any demonstration.

Wal-Mart said that it intends for the UFCW to be held accountable for any injury or property damage that may occur as a result of the actions led by the UFCW, OUR Walmart or any of its other affiliates.

"We are prepared to and will take all appropriate legal actions to enforce our property rights, protect our business, and ensure the safety of our customers and associates, on Black Friday and in the future," the letter states.

OUR Walmart has said that it has thousands of members across most U.S. states, but has not given an exact number of members. Walmart store workers pay $5 monthly dues to join OUR Walmart.

Wal-Mart has 1.4 million U.S. workers.

Wal-Mart filed its charge against the UFCW late on Thursday with the NLRB regional office in Little Rock, Arkansas. The case number is 26-CB-093342.

For copies of Wal-Mart's letter to the UFCW and the NLRB charge document click http://bit.ly/Qj5c0t and http://bit.ly/RZoNkD

(Reporting by Jessica Wohl in Chicago; Editing by Tim Dobbyn and Leslie Gevirtz)

From FOX News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"EASY"...you're an idiot. Unless you steal or sell drugs on the side, you'll never get by on $1,000.00/month wages here. Your rent and utilities will exceed that.

Walmart is often the only job available in smaller communities, where they have run off all the local competition. My wife, who has decent skills, was a Walmart employee for nearly a year. They ground her up and paid squat. They work someone hours and days like they chose her schedule by throwing darts at a calender. They worked her insufficient hours to qualify for holiday pay, vacations, or medical insurance, as they did most other employees.

The thing is...they are like all other big box stores...Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, K-Mart...all of them.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Never fear for the dregs of Wallyworld. After they get fired from WM, they can come to work at the warehouse where I'm at. We hire anyone who can pass the drug test (if you're not floating above the floor, or passed out comatose, you're hired).
Tattoos everywhere, piercings all over, tie-died hair, no problem. Can't get a job anywhere else out in the public eye, no sweat. We'll hire ya.

We may not keep you long, but you can work here.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Yeah, I've seen your "immigrants" first hand you worthless, lieing SOB ! They don't mind living 10 deep in a run down, roach infested, one bedroom apartment and eating rice/beans for every goddam meal. That you would advocate same for your fellow countrymen is telling indeed you worthless, lieing POS !

Minimum wage requires minimum expenses.

I know plenty of folks.. (wait for it) with roommates. (might be too complex for you) They either rent a room for $300-400 a month, which includes utilities, or go 3 ways into an apartment and all utilities are split 3 ways.

They use public transportation. They live near where they work. They walk, etc. They use public libraries for internet and other FREE things.

You can eat very well on 2-3 dollars a day if you cook and buy in bulk.

And they SAVE money on a 1k a month salary.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by luv2safari

"EASY"...you're an idiot. Unless you steal or sell drugs on the side, you'll never get by on $1,000.00/month wages here. Your rent and utilities will exceed that.

With your mindset.. nope you can't make it. I'm going to guess you can barely make it on what you make now. Don't I recall you posting some financial doom/gloom threads a few years ago?

You're not exactly qualified to be talking about this..

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,024
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.