Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I'd be interested in the $1 per day menu breakdown...

Few eggs in the morning, bulk couscous, rice, greens, sale items, etc. Not that hard if you actually look at what things actually cost.

Actually, google it.. lots of sites/blogs on it.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don't care where one lives but $1 per day ain't easy. Not saying that it can't be done but rice and couscous is pretty nutrient void. Veggies, even on sale, would break that $1 per day budget on day 1.

A full stomach vs. a balanced diet are 2 different critters. Hell a can of beans is more than a dollar and that would be one meal. Budget is already blown after that can, not to mention the fuel used to heat it.

Are you cooking that rice and couscous or eating it dry? If cooking it are you using electric or gas?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yeah, I've seen your "immigrants" first hand you worthless, lieing SOB ! They don't mind living 10 deep in a run down, roach infested, one bedroom apartment and eating rice/beans for every goddam meal. That you would advocate same for your fellow countrymen is telling indeed you worthless, lieing POS !

That is precisely how they do it. While serving arrest warrants I often had illegal Hispanics that I had to find and arrest. Each literally lived on a 6'x6' piece of the floor in a residence that had no electricity, water or phone...not even a land-line phone. How they bathed, schit/pissed or ate wasn't my concern. There were often 15~20 of them in a 2 bedroom shotgun shack in the poor side of town. That's a way to survive on less than minimum wage.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nutrition.. this is about survival during tough times, not eating a balanced diet.

You ain't going to starve to death as some would make you think on $1 a day. If you were broke, and took no public assistance, you could survive on $1 a day for food. Probably less. Bump it up to $1.50 and $2 a day after a period on $1, and you'd think you were eating like a king.

But, folks these days would rather go on food stamps, than eat chit for a period of time while they got back on their feet.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Have the wife eat one hard boiled egg and a boil of couscous everyday for a year and get back to me.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Yeah, I've seen your "immigrants" first hand you worthless, lieing SOB ! They don't mind living 10 deep in a run down, roach infested, one bedroom apartment and eating rice/beans for every goddam meal. That you would advocate same for your fellow countrymen is telling indeed you worthless, lieing POS !

That is precisely how they do it. While serving arrest warrants I often had illegal Hispanics that I had to find and arrest. Each literally lived on a 6'x6' piece of the floor in a residence that had no electricity, water or phone...not even a land-line phone. How they bathed, schit/pissed or ate wasn't my concern. There were often 15~20 of them in a 2 bedroom shotgun shack in the poor side of town. That's a way to survive on less than minimum wage.

OH BS. That's a whole nother class of folks. BTW, all those 15-20 of them were working full time at 1k a month, they'd be able to afford one hell of a pad.. (grin)

That's all Blackheart has though.. and the typical liberal argument. Rather than admit that folks making minimum wage have more money than him, he'll take it to the extreme.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Have the wife eat one hard boiled egg and a boil of couscous everyday for a year and get back to me.....

again, the point is fly waaaaay over your head.

Not an ideal situation or a situation anybody would willingly want, but if a guy had to, he could...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Agreed, a guy could, but I said have the wife eat that for a year and get back to me. If she has ANY looks and is in Alaska, she won't be shacking up long with a guy feeding her couscous 3 times a day.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Steelhead

again, the point is fly waaaaay over your head.

Not an ideal situation or a situation anybody would willingly want, but if a guy had to, he could...

OK...just lay it out. It can't be very complex for $1 a day. How can you survive on that? I'm honestly curious.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chick sitting on a million bucks, ain't gonna eat on no dalla a day

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Typical "I can't do it, therefore no one can!" mentality that runs rampant these days..

Funny how thousands of immigrants can do just fine on mimimum wage, and actually SAVE money for a better life.. But our very own Blackheart has to live in a van down by the river eating dandelion's on 1k a month.

Congratulations, you just confirmed you are a bigger fool than I originally thought you were.

Minimum wage requires minimum expenses.

I know plenty of folks.. (wait for it) with roommates. (might be too complex for you) They either rent a room for $300-400 a month, which includes utilities, or go 3 ways into an apartment and all utilities are split 3 ways.

They use public transportation. They live near where they work. They walk, etc. They use public libraries for internet and other FREE things.

You can eat very well on 2-3 dollars a day if you cook and buy in bulk.

And they SAVE money on a 1k a month salary.
You're nothing but a "pie in the sky" dreamer and a goddam liar besides. Look douchebag, you ain't gotta prayer of beating me in this argument because I ACTUALLY KNOW WTF I'm talking about and YOU AIN'T GOTTA [bleep]' CLUE. You ain't gonna rent no goddam room in 2012 for 3-400 a month, utilities included {not here anyway} and that's a goddam FACT ! There also ain't no GODDAM PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION out here in rural America asswhole !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nutrition.. this is about survival during tough times, not eating a balanced diet.

You ain't going to starve to death as some would make you think on $1 a day. If you were broke, and took no public assistance, you could survive on $1 a day for food. Probably less. Bump it up to $1.50 and $2 a day after a period on $1, and you'd think you were eating like a king.

But, folks these days would rather go on food stamps, than eat chit for a period of time while they got back on their feet.

Nope...it's about making a LIVING...a decent living. But hell, what do you care about others? Not much.

I'm done with you. You're as thick as they come.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You ain't gonna rent no goddam room in 2012 for 3-400 a month
---------

Really nitwit? College kids pay similar rents as a rule,not the exception. Where you live,the monthly payment on a single wide isn't much more than 400.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RISJR
---------

Really nitwit? College kids pay similar rents as a rule,not the exception. Where you live,the monthly payment on a single wide isn't much more than 400.
Listen schit fer brains, a good friend of mine JUST RENTED a small one bedroom apartment in an upsate NY college town for 800.00 per month NO UTILITIES INCLUDED. College towns are NOTORIOUS for charging exorbitant rent. What a pathetic, stupid, out of touch loser you are !

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You have the brains of a loaf of bread,nitwit. Your good friend defines the rental market,huh? You're going to talk to me about college towns,huh? That's a good one. You can talk about your gerbil farming buddy while I talk about 4 kids who've been through college...you know,the real been there done that kind of gig.

Aren't you the dipschit who said if your under 18 year old son simply wanted to borrow your car, your response was to tell him to go buy his own car and you wouldn't let him borrow it,right?

You couldn't manage a drive-thru order,cupcake. Your Internet tough guy routine must make your upstate NY bff let you be the husband on Saturday nights.

Last edited by RISJR; 11/17/12.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RISJR
---------

Not around here they don't. We've put one kid through SIU where he earned a mechanical engineering degree. He, and his wife and my grandson laugh have moved back in with us while he attends grad school. He has a 50% assistantship which nets him 1100.00 a month, medicaide and WIC (Women, Infants & Children). The rent around this college town starts at 600.00 a month for a modest 2-bedroom. The college students make it by living 4 to an apartment, plus healthy stipends from good ol' mom & dad and/or a scholarship and student loans. It's just expensive to [bleep] live any sort of comfortable lifestyle. I get where Calvin is coming from, but, I'd still like to see how an 18 year old kid could live off of a $1s worth of food a day and still walk around, go to class, and not drop weight at a very unhealthy rate.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Even in rural Eastern WA college towns you ain't gonna' find a 1bdrm apt for $400/month. Seattle?.....think several times that.

edited to add... that my hunting pards own several rental houses and several multi unit apt buildings so I have a good idea wtf I'm talking about.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 11/17/12.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's much more than 600 for a 2 bedroom apartment here...much,much more. But if you have a 2 bedroom apartment for 600 bucks,that's 300 per kid,right?

So, blowhard's comments to Calvin are pure HS,especially since Calvin specifically stated rent would be apportioned amongst all tenants.

In your case,the kids are paying rent obligations of 150 per month,right? Much less than Blowhard's comments "you can't rent a room in 2012 for 3-400 a month". That's pure HS and rents really don't get much higher than they are in the DC metro area,save for Manhattan,L.A. etc.

Last edited by RISJR; 11/17/12.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You can certainly find a room in a rental home,TH or multi-room apartment for 400 bucks or less.

William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You're right, of course, but I believe Blackheart is thinking along the lines of a single family trying to rent an apartment, or even one person; he doesn't seem the type that would attract, or want, roommates to split the rent/electric/water/phone with. laugh

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,088
Posts18,521,961
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.