Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
He is just another faker like ol' KomradLes$. Big mouth but when he gets called on it all he can do is bluster and hope no one is looking.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now this Dog might stand a chance, it has enough bulk ?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BrentD
He is just another faker like ol' KomradLes$. Big mouth but when he gets called on it all he can do is bluster and hope no one is looking.
Oh, you actually expected me to make the arrangements, did you? You're funny. laugh

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by okok
Now this Dog might stand a chance, it has enough bulk ?

No doubt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Oh, you actually expected me to make the arrangements, did you? You're funny. laugh

put your money where your mouth is....let's take it up a notch..I'll go $200 on the wolf.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

You through down the wager. It's on you to make it happen. And, of course, you won't can't and never could. Just another faker.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=Middlefork_Miner] Winners and losers in their fights are determined quickly, and mostly after a lot of harmless threat display and posturing, rather than real gripping.

The "harmless posturing & threat display" would quickly end with a dead dog when their obvious lack of "life skills" became obvious...(easy meal)wolves & coyotes know how to kill...their lives depend on it....wannabes are left to fertilize...

ETA...Apparently the member of the RMEF thought his boxer up to the task too.... grin

It's the dogs good fortune that the owner intervened or there would have been a dead dog...maybe...

For starters I'm not buying his bullschitt story of not being able to find his firearms...if I lived on the outskirts of town alongside a creek, you can bet your ass I'd be able to grab my 10mm before I headed out the back door....much less wade across a creek "looking" for what started the whole mess with nothing more than an aerosol spray...If the story has any truth at all to it, the guy's lucky his dog's still alive..........

It all kinda reminds me of stories I've read here on the "campfire" of drug crazed negroes trying to run people down...& people putting their 1911's in "seal-a-meals" in the shower...

TRH...an honest question...can anyone here on the fire vouch for your sanity???

Last edited by Middlefork_Miner; 11/24/12.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

You through down the wager. It's on you to make it happen. And, of course, you won't can't and never could. Just another faker.

Give 'em Hell professor! By the way what did it take to get you to quit posting on the Shiloh website, we would like to see that happen here...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRH, I bet a large Coon would whip most pits.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yes, I agree that a domesticated, whimp of a dog of any breed, i.e., The family Rhodesian Ridgeback, 'pit' or Mastiff would have its paws full. A real bad ass dog that was brought up has a hunter and protector...... OR, unfortunately a 'pit' fighter would
give any wolf hell.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You're cracking me up. You're not serious, I hope. Please tell me you're not. Otherwise I'd have to consider I'm dealing with a middle school kid.

PS It's threw not through.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You are the one that shot off his mouth. Apparently, like Shrap, you can't back it up.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by okok
TRH, I bet a large Coon would whip most pits.
Nope. Kooky talk.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I het the impression, that if someone told TRH that the sky was up he would disagree just to hear himself speak (see himself type)?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You learn quick...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You're talking about a pack vs an individual. Different story, and works the other way too, i.e., a single wild wolf would be dog food for one of these catch dog teams.

What? You think that maybe single wolves are vegetarians?

At any give time there are probably between 10 and 20 percent of a population that do not belong to a pack. They still gotta eat and they still kill and eat whatever is handy without a lot of regard to what it is.

Further, when I follow wolf tracks of a hunting pack what I see is they can often be very widely spaced. A quarter mile or more is not unusual. More common is less, and I do not often see more than two in close proximity except on kills. That indicates to me that they will engage large prey as individuals. Being as lone wolves don't seem to starve to death, I have assume that they are successful taking down large prey as individuals.

They may well do better as a unit against huge prey like moose and bison, but I believe thy do all right as individuals too.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Friend of mine left his pit bull and some sort of cattle dog in my care while they were on vacation. They lived two doors down,so I just had to go feed them every day. Anyway,snow drifted up on the fence and they were able to escape. Pit bull came back 2 days later,damn near dead,throat torn wide open. Seems they tangled with some coyote's out behind the house. The pit survived,but barely.We found some reddish fur from the other dog,that was it. No signs of any wounded coyote at all.I don't know how many coyote's there were,but this was a nice big pit,in good shape and she damn near got killed.

As for wolf vs dog, I have no personal experience,only stories from some guys I've worked with. I guided with some old timers who used to make good money killing coyote's back when they were worth good money. one guy had a good system going,using 3 wolfhounds to run and kill coyote's. These guys were making up to 30 grand a winter on coyote's. Anyway,apparently it all came to an end one day when the dogs got on a wolf. It ran out on a frozen lake,turned around and waited for the dogs,and killed all 3 in no time flat.Like I said, I wasn't there to see it,so I dion't know, but I'll put my money on the animal that's used to killing on a regular basis,and knows how to do so in the quickest manner possible.

I think maybe that's the difference. Dog thinks it's in a fight, wolf is instantly in kill mode,not wasting any time. That's what struck me about the coyote attack on the pitbull,there were almost no other significant injuries on the dog,just the near-fatal one. I'm thinking the wild canine's don't waste time fighting,they just kill as quick as possible.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ingwe I have to thank you, cross and eh for cutting me some slack and ,to say takin me under the wing, gracias

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I het the impression, that if someone told TRH that the sky was up he would disagree just to hear himself speak (see himself type)?
That's a very gutsy thing to say. grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yea ,well. The SKY IS UP!!!

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (22kHornet, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 46 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,858
Posts18,517,729
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.