Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by eh76
You don't get outside much do you trh....

No chit! NO experience with wolves other than what he sees on YouTube.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Eighty pound, game bred, Pitbull in his prime vs a 120 pound wild wolf in his prime, my money's on the Pitbull. Not a moment's hesitation. Wolf would be screaming for momma in less than one minute.

I'll take that bet!

Me too. And I'll be buying beer with TRH's cash all night.

Quite comical that he just can't see past his nose on this.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Several dogs and a human swinging a stick(pictured) and this is the outcome of a couple wolves wanting to get rid of the dogs in there territory....

[Linked Image]

Jayco

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You keep posting videos of dogs Vs. anything but a wolf...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by logcutter
Several dogs and a human swinging a stick(pictured) and this is the outcome of a couple wolves wanting to get rid of the dogs in there territory....

[Linked Image]

Jayco
Poor fellow. Sorry that happened to your dog.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by CCCC
BrentD: You "through" down the wager.
For this thread, hope you know more about wolves than you do about your university prof spelling. Fixed = You "threw"--.

Oh goody. Do you feel like a big, important person now? A real he-man? Whatever dude.

Their just playing your game prick!
But their beating you at it now that's funny.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 11/25/12.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
An animal like this don't need no 'pack' to get the drop on a friggen boxer.

Yeah, well, he'd better bring his "A game" and a few buddies if he wants to take on a pit bull. Right Hawk? crazy

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DaveR

Yeah, well, he'd better bring his "A game" and a few buddies if he wants to take on a pit bull. Right Hawk? crazy
The Pitbull being the premier fighting canine, wild or domesticated, you betcha, assuming he's not caught napping like the Boxer appears to have been.

PS And, likewise, a wolf would be equally unwise to challenge a Greyhound to a race or a Bloodhound to a trailing match. Nor, however, should any of those dogs challenge a wolf to a survival in the wild contest.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

The Pitbull being the premier fighting canine, wild or domesticated, you betcha, assuming he's not caught napping like the Boxer appears to have been.

in the basics of the storyline, what i can't understand is why the second dog, near the steps didn't engage the beast? there should have been two against one. that would have helped even the odds. but, no, he was sniffing the steps and poor boxer had already been bitten and dragged across the creek in the grip of the great Wolf where he was found cowering in a thicket.

why did that other dog pussy out? was he less than worthy as a household protector? someone needs to query that dog, and find out why he didn't support the boxer in a potential time of life and death. i mean two against one is always better odds, aren't they?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

in the basics of the storyline, what i can't understand is why the second dog, near the steps didn't engage the beast? there should have been two against one. that would have helped even the odds. but, no, he was sniffing the steps and poor boxer had already been bitten and dragged across the creek in the grip of the great Wolf where he was found cowering in a thicket.

why did that other dog pussy out? was he less than worthy as a household protector? someone needs to query that dog, and find out why he didn't support the boxer in a potential time of life and death. i mean two against one is always better odds, aren't they?

It was a yote, not a woof.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
An assumption here is that a wild wolf will unfailingly rip a dog to shreds at every opportunity.

Sorta odd, dogs are their close cousins and between their ears they can be as different as night and day, anyone who has owned multiple dogs will aver that all had their own personality.

Close studies of wolf packs show the same thing.

Granted, the number one cause of death of healthy adult wolves is probably other wolves, pack members usually attacking intruders on sight. This including close relatives such as dogs and coyotes.

Key word here is "usually". Lone wolves leave their home pack and some may join other packs, a thing impossible is pack killed ALL intruders all the time.

Likewise, in Yellowstone, I recall reading of a remarkable 8 year-old alpha female that was kicked out of her home pack by a coalition of subordinates, who then went on to found another pack, a thing inmpossible if wolves killed strangers ALL the time.

Anyhoo... here's a piece on wolf dispersal...

http://biology.kenyon.edu/stures/compsbergdahl/dispersal.html
Dispersal in a wolf pack is a defining trait and a critical tendency of pack dynamics. The dispersal of individual wolves allows for diversity in packs and the formation of new packs. Wolves disperse from their natal pack between 9 and 36 months of age (Mech et al., 1998).

The dispersing wolf is often called a floater. This lone wolf may travel great distances looking for a new pack to join, or perhaps a lone wolf of the opposite sex to mate with and establish a new pack.

Studies have shown that floaters occupy home ranges larger than those of resident wolves, and their range overlaps broadly with several pack ranges (Siller-Zubiri, 1994). In one instance, a female wolf left a study area in Minnesota and was shot by a farmer in Saskatchewan, five hundred miles away (Steinhart, 1995).

I'm still going with actual lone wolf needing company, initially attracted by the dogs. It didn't KILL thedog because it wsn't in that frame of mind is all.

Just my $0.02,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was interesting,I'm still going Yote with a thick winter coat? who knows?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[

PS And, likewise, a wolf would be equally unwise to challenge a Greyhound to a race or a Bloodhound to a trailing match. Nor, however, should any of those dogs challenge a wolf to a survival in the wild contest.

No taking your money in a fools bet. Bring your pit bull(s) and I will put you in a place where they will have contact with a wolf(wolves) inside 48 hours. If any pit bull(s) survives the encounter, I will pay the expenses for the trip.

All you have to do is show up and walk them up and down a road couple times in daylight and then stay out in the are with them at night.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MILES58
[

No taking your money in a fools bet. Bring your pit bull(s) and I will put you in a place where they will have contact with a wolf(wolves) inside 48 hours. If any pit bull(s) survives the encounter, I will pay the expenses for the trip.

All you have to do is show up and walk them up and down a road couple times in daylight and then stay out in the are with them at night.
I don't currently own a Pitbull, and wouldn't set any dog of mine up in a fight with a poodle, let alone a wolf. Were such a fight arranged, however, in a proper fighting pit, in accordance with all applicable laws (hint: that means outside the country), one on one, 70 pound fighting weight, game bred Pitbull in his prime vs any wolf up to 120 lbs, my money goes on the Pitbull. It's a no brainer to anyone who knows the history of such arranged matches in the past. Any money placed on the wolf comes from a sucker.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MILES58
[

I don't currently own a Pitbull, and wouldn't set any dog of mine up in a fight with a poodle, let alone a wolf. Were such a fight arranged, however, in a proper fighting pit, in accordance with all applicable laws (hint: that means outside the country), one on one, 70 pound fighting weight, game bred Pitbull in his prime vs any wolf up to 120 lbs, my money goes on the Pitbull. It's a no brainer to anyone who knows the history of such arranged matches in the past. Any money placed on the wolf comes from a sucker.

trh you are all talk...just plain bullshit is all you have...you placed a bet earlier..it was accepted by several..you are nothing but a mouthpiece and a welcher.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by CCCC
BrentD: You "through" down the wager.
For this thread, hope you know more about wolves than you do about your university prof spelling. Fixed = You "threw"--.

Oh goody. Do you feel like a big, important person now? A real he-man? Whatever dude.

Actually, I feel a bit embarrassed that a supposedly well-educated professor misuses such words. But, no need for you to reply like a self-conscious, crass teenager. Is that the way you respond to your students when they point out your errors, or are they even allowed to do so?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

The real [bleep] dog psychologist has got it all figured out.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok

It was a yote, not a woof.

EXACTLY!
Ya'll are getting your college boy panties all wadded up over something that never happened, but by all means, carry on if it makes you feel good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread is awesome!!!

Hawk: Get out from behind your 'puter a lil more often. Whens the last time you spent anytime in the woods? Hunting? Fishing?

It would do wonders to break you from your "wiki-world" and endless Youtube searches.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, its been fun. I'm giving it 5 stars. wink

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

706 members (16gage, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,841
Posts18,478,128
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.