Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
She doesn't really fit the mold of a burglar, but who knows...

Haile Kifer, age 18, of Little Falls, MN, died Thursday, November 22, 2012.

Funeral Services will be held at 10:00am Saturday, December 1, 2012 at Living Hope Assembly of God Church, 17389 Haven Road, Little Falls, MN.

Visitation will be held from 4:00 � 8:00 pm Friday, November 30th at Emblom-Brenny Funeral Service with a prayer service at 7:00 pm

Visitation will continue at the church on Saturday one hour prior to the service.

Haile was born on October 17, 1994, in Little Falls, MN, the daughter of Jay & Jenny (Brady) Kifer. She has attended Little Falls schools and was currently in her senior year.
She enjoyed wrestling from kindergarten thru fifth grade and then kept stats for the wrestling team, was involved in gymnastics, diving, softball and cross country. She was a very competitive person in all her sporting events competing even when she was injured. She enjoyed hunting, fishing, camping and spending time with her family and friends. Haile also worked part time at Falls Cinema, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Pizza Ranch and Meyers all in Little Falls.

Left to cherish her memory are her parents, Jay & Jenny Kifer of Little Falls, MN; brother, Dillon Kifer of Little Falls, MN; grandparents, Jerry Kifer of Little Falls, MN, Elaine Kifer of Hughes Springs, TX, Alfred & Barb Brady of Little Falls, MN; great grandparents, John �Jack� & Joan Saehr of Little Falls, MN, and many aunts, uncles, cousins and other relatives and friends.

Halie was preceded in death by her great grandparents, Enos & Lee Fry and Mike & Sylvia Brady, Earl & Edna Kifer.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by fluffy
"The whole thing is very sad that they lost their lives," he said. "In the same instance, if they hadn't been breaking into houses, they'd be alive."

Bottom line right there!

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
This is one of the reasons I don't miss Minnesota at all...

aaahhhh. There it is.

Camp is where you make it.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Sorry guys - but I see a lot of *hit-talking bravado here!
After this sick *hit shot the boy in the legs he has to see that he was "unarmed" duuh!
Then this sick phuc "executed" them!
I'd hate to be him if he has a conscience

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The girl hears "gunfire" and walks downstairs only to get shot herself.
Does any of this make you think - something doesn't add up?
Drugs? Stupidity?
I don't think so.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Sorry guys - but I see a lot of *hit-talking bravado here!
After this sick *hit shot the boy in the legs he has to see that he was "unarmed" duuh!
Then this sick phuc "executed" them!
I'd hate to be him if he has a conscience
I'm not sure why this was in reply to me

I just said the slut was hot

I could care less, 3 POS's gone from society

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thought I was just continuing the topic - didn't intend on addressing you in particular. How that happened ????
By hot -you mean pretty.
She was in the wrong place at the wrong time but to call her a slut is going a little overboard. She's dead and gone to meet her Maker and you can leave it at that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
She doesn't really fit the mold of a burglar
If you break into a house to steal stuff, you fit the mold of a burglar perfectly.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tend to agree there might be much more to this story. As unreasonable as the incident played out, it smells.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by whelennut
I saw this on the news last night. A 64 year old man may be charged with second degree murder after shooting two burglars in his home. This was the eigth burglary.

Yeah, this has been on the news here for a few days now. New information keeps surfacing.

I can tell you this much. In the Minnesota Carry Permit class I took they spent a lot of time on the legal issues concerning home defense. In Minnesota you can use "reasonable force" to defend yourself and your home. This guy went way beyond "reasonable" IMO.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That followup story makes it seem more likely that they were burglars. Before that, we had only the shooter's word that they broke in and weren't invited. We also have only his word that he has suffered multiple burglaries.

We'll never know what really happened, because there is no way this is going to trial. He's guilty as a mouse in a flour barrel, by his own admission.

The kids being burglars, if they were, is no excuse for murder. If it were, we couldn't prosecute ganstas for shooting one another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hogeye

The kids being burglars, if they were, is no excuse for murder. If it were, we couldn't prosecute ganstas for shooting one another.

this makes no sense. confused

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
the shooter shouldn't have shot off his mouth to the cops or anyone else. reinforces the reminder that the best time to get a lawyer is as soon as the smoke clears. 2 thieves dead, but he's probably going to do some time. sad on all counts.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Prolly didn't do the ol timer any good shooting folks who just broke in his house .Maybe it shook him up a little . 2 dead crooks , not a problem at all .

Just how long should he be a victom ? Crazy to do anything but buy him a Bigmac on the way back to his house .

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
If you break into a house to steal stuff, you fit the mold of a burglar perfectly.

I am not denying that she was breaking into homes, i just find it surprising based on her bio. She was either thrill seeking, or on drugs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

I am not denying that she was breaking into homes, i just find it surprising based on her bio. She was either thrill seeking, or on drugs.

what if it had been two 18 yo males that broke in an got shot?

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not defending or agreeing with any of them, but take it from an elderly person who has been attacked in his own home by a knife wielding much younger relative, you just do not know what you will do until you are faced with the same situation.

Executing them, after they were disabled? Maybe. Maybe he was scared out of his mind and didn't want to take a chance of them trying to attack him while they were wounded. In a situation like that, most people cannot think as coherent and logical as they could two or three days later while sitting in front of a computer.

One thing I did learn is to not try to explain your actions or why you did what you did to the police. They are not interested. All they want to do is to arrest someone while putting out the least investigative effort possible.

Guilt or innocence does not enter into it. That is one thing I do not like about the Castle Law. You have to be able to prove you were about to become the victim, and the LEOs sometimes are not interested in your proof, or your status as a victim.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
http://abcnews.go.com/US/minnesota-...-burglary/story?id=17828144#.ULax4IZ43To

So much for the amateur criminal profilers here.

Just because she's a white girl doesn't make her immune to drugs, crime and stupidity.

The Minnesota teens killed on Thanksgiving Day while breaking into a home have been linked to an earlier robbery, authorities said today.

Six bottles of prescription drugs and other items reported stolen Sunday from a home in Little Falls, Minn. were found in a red Mitsubishi Eclipse that was being driven by Haile Kifer, 18, and Nicholas Brady, 17, according to the Morrison County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Michel Wetzel said the night before the teens were shot to death, authorities responded to a report of a red car parked suspiciously at the end of a driveway in Little Falls Township.

Officers encountered Brady, who told them Kifer had gone to get gas after the teens ran out while driving around town. The car was left at the location and deputies gave Brady a ride to Little Falls, Wetzel said.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by fluffy
what if it had been two 18 yo males that broke in an got shot?

Been wondering the same thing myself. Would we be having the same discussion if it were a 64 year old woman and two 18YO males, all else being the same?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ScoutmasterRick
From the Star Tribune

Charges: Rifle jammed, she laughed, so he killed her with a pistol

A 64-year-old man was charged Monday with murdering two teenagers who broke into his home on the outskirts of Little Falls, Minn., shooting each of them at close range in the head after he had already wounded them.

Byron David Smith was charged in Morrison County District Court with two counts of second-degree murder without premeditation in the killings of Nicholas Brady, 17, and his cousin Haile Kifer, 18. Smith is scheduled to appear in court later Monday.

The criminal complaint says that Smith shot the two as they came down his basement stairs several minutes apart on Thanksgiving Day. The complaint adds that he shot them numerous times.

He then waited a day before asking a neighbor to alert authorities, the document added. Smith showed investigators the bodies, was arrested and has remained jailed since.

According to the complaint, Smith told investigators:

He heard glass breaking around noon Thursday while he was in the basement. It was the latest of several break-ins that he's experienced. Brady started coming down the stairs, and Smith shot him with a rifle by the time he saw the intruder's hips.

Brady fell down the stairs and was looking up at Smith when the homeowner shot him in the face.

"I want him dead," Smith explained to the investigator for the additional shot.

Smith put Brady's body on a tarp and dragged him to an office workshop.

A few minutes later, Smith heard footsteps above him. As in Brady's case, Kifer too started down the stairs and was shot by Smith by the time he saw her hips, sending her tumbling down the stairs.

Smith attempted to shoot her again, but his rifle jammed, prompting Kifer to laugh.

Upset, Smith, pulled out a revolver he had on him and shot her "more times than I needed to" in the chest, he said.

Smith dragged Kifer next to Brady as she gasped for her life. He pressed the revolver's barrel under her chin and pulled the trigger in what he described as a "good, clean finishing shot" that was meant to end her suffering.

Smith acknowledged leaving the bodies in his home overnight before calling a neighbor to askabout a lawyer and to request that authorities be notified.

Two other news accounts:

GA Daily News

kstp.com

Looks like this guy needs an attitude adjustment - maybe 25-50 years of insightful thought. On the other hand, maybe he is just guilty of criminal stupidity - he should have shut up and said he wanted to talk with a lawyer before giving a statement to the police.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,745
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.