-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the punishment is supposed to fit the crime, and it is OK to shoot a fleeing KNOWN shoplifter, what is the proper action for a KNOWN mass murderer?

Maybe a nuclear strike?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Getting a car stopped "in short order" is a flight of fancy at the best of times. A Cop working a detail has to have Dept. clearance and is bound by Dept policies and procedures. Security officers are bound by a state's General Business Law. The Depity has the power of arrest and that changes everything. He HAS to make an attempt at apprehension and his powers and responsibilities do NOT end at the entrance of ANY store.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by milespatton
'How do I tell these children she's not coming back,' said Sharon.

Tell them that she was stealing stuff and the police shot her. Maybe they will not grow up to be thieves, but the odds are against it. miles

She can tell 'em the same thing the thieving bitch told 'em about their daddy, those kids aught to be used to that by now.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by milespatton
but the crap she stole was just not worth this mess.

At what point does it get worth it? So your solution is to keep letting them steal over and over? I hate thieves and wish to see stealing eliminated, if it takes a thief losing his/her life, well they chose their profession. miles

Obviously you did not read the post I was commenting on and I see you are from the Bristoe school of cherry picking comments to suit your point of view. If you'd bothered to read it and capture what bear was trying to say, she would have been caught anyway by merely annotating her licence number and calling/radioing on duty Police Officers to deal with it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm curious, Jorge........... how did you establish the fact that she tried to "kill him, or at least severely injure him"?

Did I miss a video ?

This really appears to me to be a case of a cop losing his temper, rather than being in fear of losing his life.

I'm bettin' that Harris County will roll over on this quickly so that Al and Jesse don't come to town.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Andrews began to drive away while the deputy was standing between the open door and the driver's seat.
'She threw it in reverse and tried to run over the deputy,' said Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Deputy Thomas Gilliland."

On the previous page, according to Dept Spokesman and I'll believe him until proven otherwise.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Her death has nothing to do with the stuff she stole,amigo. You try to run over a cop after first being halted and commanded to leave your vehicle, you become a mortality statistic.

Another dead,dumb bitch.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RISJR
Her death has nothing to do with the stuff she stole,amigo. You try to run over a cop after first being halted and commanded to leave your vehicle, you become a mortality statistic.

Another dead,dumb bitch.

COMPLETELY agree with the above statement, but my point is and well explained by bear, he should not have gotten himself exposed to that level of danger over menutiae. Tell her to stop and if she doesn't call in her plate number etc, but yes once he allowed himself to be placed in harm's way, of course he was justified to cap her. He gets an "f" in judgment if I were his CO.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I certainly understand that angle and I couldn't credibly laugh it off. It would be a entirely different thread if the kids were injured or killed. I'm thinking his shot was less than 2-5 yards in distance when he pulled the trigger.

They all had choices to make.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jorge, I agree with you . But chances are the car was stolen , very least the plates. Texas had to go to decals affixed to the inside of the windshield for current registration. This was because you could not keep the plates on your car because the reg sticker used to be on the plates. In order to register you car it has to be inspected and you had to show proof of insurance . Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Another dead,dumb bitch.

COMPLETELY agree with the above statement, but my point is and well explained by bear, he should not have gotten himself exposed to that level of danger over menutiae. Tell her to stop and if she doesn't call in her plate number etc, but yes once he allowed himself to be placed in harm's way, of course he was justified to cap her. He gets an "f" in judgment if I were his CO.

Just hanging back and getting the tag # and calling them in doesn't by any stretch guarantee an apprehension, or even an encounter by on-duty officers. It MAY, but it MAY NOT depending on a multitude of factors.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe it was stolen, but the circle-jerk argument at least in my mind comes back to "Am I going to risk life and limb for ANYTHING sold at Wal-Mart." I deal with this stuff daily in my present job and believe me what my people guard here IS worth losing your life for, in fact we advertise that should anyone try and be so foolhardy...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a BIG gap between "putting it in reverse" and, "tried to run over the deputy".It's called "intent", and a plantiff's lawyer would tear it apart.

"This thuggy poleeceman is callin' us all kinds of racial stuff and threatening us,and I was just tryin' to get away befo' he shoots one of us".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's some conjecture on my part; I GUARANTEE the video will show the thuggette tried to run him over.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
JorgeI,

You offer this GUARANTEE and I wonder what info you have that we don't and how you plan to honor this if you are wrong

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Another dead,dumb bitch.

You need to read TBear's post before you jump on the Harris County bandwagon,counselor.

Have you forgotten how he blacked your ass in the Tucson Swat killin'? grin grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The GUARANTEE is based on my impeccable judgment, and if I'm wrong I'll admit it as I always do. What do you want, money?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge,please go back to Bob's post contains the story from the paper.You have to admit that the Dep't spokesman's statement is somewhat dis-jointed and the events are not given chronologically.

Then, click on the red link, "read more", at the bottom of the page and read THAT account.It makes more sense and omits ANY reference to putting the car in reverse and trying to run over him.

I've got a new laptop and have not figured out how to "copy and paste" links on it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm just going on intuition....that woman tried to run him down and if I'm wrong, well I'll own up but the statement I read, which is the one I have to go on for now, supports my ASSumption.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Another dead,dumb bitch.

You need to read TBear's post before you jump on the Harris County bandwagon,counselor.

Have you forgotten how he blacked your ass in the Tucson Swat killin'? grin grin

============

Huh? You're speaking pre-caffeine,I guess.

I did read tbear's post. It changes nothing. You must not have read mine.

Are you speaking of the big money that Az family made on the swat killing as you so boldly and repetitively predicted? Who was right about that,again? Ballsy for you to have the nerve to bring it up,being a epic fail for you,and all.

William Arthur Ward

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,062
Posts18,521,456
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.