Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yup

Automatic is in the name, often misconstrued as function by the ignorant.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I would love to hear the circumstances involved with the woman 's ownership of the guns.
The first thing that came to my mind, was 'straw purchase', to appease her psychotic child.

Your first thought would be wrong. Was the second thing that came your mind "SQUIRREL!"? According to her friends, she was an active shooter and collector.

If he used her guns, she was an active idiot without a decent gun safe.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nebraska
If he used her guns, she was an active idiot without a decent gun safe.

Supposing he had to kill her to get her guns?

I'm not sure we will ever know the full story, but right now, most accounts are little more the conjecture/speculation..

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
60 Minutes just did a segment on the shooting....

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by ringworm
and handgun is considered an automatic. VS a revolver. Not a "select fire" like a G18. A STD clip fed pistol is called automatic.

Auotmatic is a anti gunner hate phrase. They are semi auto not to be confuse with machine guns which the liberal haters want.

I would not worry a bit about the phrases we use, the libtard's are such stupid [bleep]'s they see a shotgun and call it an assault weapon, see an AR and call it a machine gun, see a sub-machine gun and call it an M4 and call revolvers saturday night specials. Quite simple, they don't know [bleep] about anything.

I understood what ringworm implied in the first post, if she truly bought the rifle for herself and used it, it makes a great statement to the public in general, but time will tell why she had the firearms.

Dave

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What it shows is you had a school teacher that was into guns and shooting, and yet failed to keep them secure!

You had a school teacher who one would think should be able to recognize problems within kids, and yet failed appearently to recognize problems with her own kid.

Put together not only she paid the price, but a whole lot of the little ones she had charge of! Not to mention so many of the town, and the country!

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Y'know, the longer that I ponder this, the more that I wonder whether her own mind set re guns was all that healthful.

Why do you say that? �

Because the longer that I ponder this, the more that I wonder whether her own mind set re guns was all that healthful.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E
Y'know, the longer that I ponder this, the more that I wonder whether her own mind set re guns was all that healthful.

Why do you say that? �

Obviously, if you read ALL of this earlier post, you didn't sense in it anything like what I felt. �'est la vie.

From the Washington Post �

NEWTOWN, Conn. � Adam Lanza lived among guns.

His mother, Nancy, collected them. She showed them off to her landscaper.

�Guns were her hobby,� said Dan Holmes, the landscaper of Nancy Lanza�s sprawling yard here on the edge of town. �She told me she liked the single-mindedness of shooting.�

Holmes said she even spoke of taking her son to the firing range to practice his aim.

As details of her son�s troubled life trickled out Saturday, the day after he gunned down 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School and his mother at their home, the portrait emerging is one of a detached killer who knew his way around a trigger and of a family that feared outsiders in the home.

Holmes said Nancy Lanza, who was divorced and had reportedly worked in finance, never invited him inside. She would pay him in the yard. The landscaper never laid eyes on Adam Lanza, a skinny, withdrawn, socially awkward 20-year-old who excelled in academics but apparently not in forming deep friendships.

�I would ring the bell on the front door, and she would come out the side and meet me,� he said. �It was a little weird. It�s stranger now thinking back on what happened.�

When she wanted to show Holmes an antique rifle, she proudly brought the gun � in its case � outside. How many guns Nancy had is not clear, though authorities say several were registered to her, including the ones used in the massacre.

Her former sister-in law, Marsha Lanza, told the Chicago Sun-Times outside her home in Crystal Lake, Ill., that Nancy Lanza wanted guns for protection. �She prepared for the worst,� Marsha Lanza told the newspaper. �I didn�t know that they [the guns] would be used on her.�

Members of Nancy Lanza�s regular neighborhood dice game never got inside her home, either � not in 15 years of regular games. Rhonda Collens, a frequent player in the game, said that while the group�s weekly get-togethers moved from house to house, Nancy Lanza�s was always skipped. She never met Adam Lanza, and Nancy never spoke of her children. Adam has an older brother, Ryan Lanza, who lives in New Jersey and works for the accounting firm Ernst & Young.

Asked about Nancy Lanza�s guns, Collens said, �I had no idea she liked that stuff,� adding, �she was a nice lady, very pleasant.�

Adam Lanza�s acquaintances continued coming forward with what they knew about a young man who to many seemed unknowable. They described him as a loner, shy, brilliant, interested in gaming and computers, though seemingly without a digital footprint on social networks. It was not known whether he had a job.

Kate Leen, 21, attended seventh and eighth grade with Lanza and remembers him as very shy.

�You would say �hi,� and he would say �hi� back, but he didn�t give you a lot to work with,� said Leen, who now attends Hofstra University in New York.

In high school he dressed in khaki shorts and pants and wore oversize button-down shirts. He carried a briefcase instead of a backpack.

�He wasn�t exactly extra welcoming,� Leen said.

Marsha Moskowitz, his middle-school bus driver, didn�t remember Adam Lanza having any friends on the bus. �He was very, very quiet, reserved, shy, kept to himself,� she said. �He�d say hello and goodbye, and that was about it.�

Although private, the family wasn�t isolated.

Acquaintances recall that Nancy Lanza was a regular presence at My Place, the town watering hole and eatery. She liked craft beers, Holmes said.

�I guess now we�ll all be looking a little bit closer at things,� Holmes said, �though she seemed a normal, everyday lady.�

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
You are an idiot - it is not an automatic weapon. Many semi's are double-action semi's, requiring a full pull of the trigger, just like a revolver. No different.

who's the idiot. you trying to increase your post count or what? your arguing over something so stupid as phraseology. Like how back east we call people like you [bleep] and around there they probably just call you dumbass. Samie-same.
What you fail to grasp is not WHAT IT IS... but what the common reference, and accepted technical term for IT IS.
As in ACP. 45 ACP? ringing any fkin bells? you too stupid or to young to know what the fk ACP stands for, probably both.
See fkstick...
In the real world a pistol is described as its action type.
A pistol that fires many rounds by one pull is called a MACHINE PISTOL, not an automatic handgun.
Now go grab some vasaline and pull your fking head out of your azz and quit insulting people who have had hair on thier balls since your momma wore a training bra.
[Linked Image]
[img:center]http://www.magazineart.org/main.php...mp;g2_itemId=16271&g2_serialNumber=2[/img]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

In 1911, they were called an automatic. In 2012, they are called a semi-automatic. A fully-automatic handgun is called a sub-machine gun because of the caliber of ammunition it shoots.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
So I guess your idea is that since it fires once with a pull of a trigger that makes it semi-auto and if it fires more than once with each trigger pull its automatic...
Hmmmm.
So my Colt Python is a semi-auto?
A fully automatic handgun is a machine pistol.
A sub machine gun is a usually a carbine fining a round less than intermediate with FA or select fire capability.
Ie... An M16 A2 is an assault rifle, a MP5 SD or a thompson is a submachine gun and an MP5 PDW or a MAC-10 is a machine pistol as is a glock 18.

why is it so important for you to school me? you have no fking idea who the fk I am or what i know and have done.
Fking dust eating hick. Go play with your goats.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Good or bad, at least her children visited her. Something I'm sensing also.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well...I cant really figure out how people miss this point?
I mean, I keep hearing about how the governments gonna take away "assault rifles" and I have always said they cant and wont try again.
That this isnt 1993 and more people of different walks of life own black rifles than in 1993.
So if I am understanding this... a middle aged white woman, school teacher, divorced with 2 adult children owns multiple automatic handguns AND at least one AR-15.
I mean regardless of the horrific actions taken by her son, doesnt it show that the black rifle is so prolific in our culture now, so popular amongst people of all walks of life that a ban on them would be a futile act?
I don't know whether this is just payback or what over posts Ringworm has made in the past but perhaps we should not quarrel amongst ourselves over such a serious subject, saving that for perennial 270 vs. 30-06 debates and whatnot. Ringworm is just a guy I know from the web and not somebody I PM back and forth with or anything, but he isn't Brent D or some other self-identified assclown closet gun hater. Ringworm is always 100% pro 2nd Amendment and guns from what I've seen. Not wagging my finger at anybody and y'all can do what you want, but I'm just offering up a thought...

To the gist of the original post...Ringworm, I think you may draw an erroneous conclusion from a point you didn't miss. Dispensing with PC, how many female teachers in Connecticut, one of the most anti-gun states extant, own an "arsenal" that has in it an AR-15? I want to hear how the authorities spin this.

We all know that to the anti's maybe five or six guns can be an "arsenal". Maybe as was alluded to, she was not some man-hater and saw her son going gay or something. Maybe she was trying to man him up and encourage one of his interests that she felt was healthy. I have no idea but the whole story of her having all these guns just doesn't add up. I mean, possibly but by no means probably. It reeks of being concocted in some government agency back room. Sorry for the tinfoil, but I always go with the odds and the odds here aren't good that a middle-aged divorced female schoolteacher in one of the most anti-gun states in the union, was a gun collector who had an AR.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
People buy AR's to compensate for something. I would assume perhaps fear plays arole. Sure as sh.. ain't buying them for their usefulness or aesthetics.

I watch people buy all kinds of stupid sh...

Yes,i am a gun snob. I still wonder about people that buy those things.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ct. Is not anti gun. There are more gunheads there than any place in this country.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I mean, possibly but by no means probably. It reeks of being concocted in some government agency back room. Sorry for the tinfoil, but I always go with the odds and the odds here aren't good that a middle-aged divorced female schoolteacher in one of the most anti-gun states in the union, was a gun collector who had an AR.

It does smell of wet paint, dont it?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lauren
Ct. Is not anti gun. There are more gunheads there than any place in this country.
Yes, Connecticut is antigun as far as the laws governing firearms. One must assume that the people there are predominately anti-gun to put up with such things. Connecticut is ranked seventh, tied with Maryland, as having the "best" gun laws according to the Brady Campaign.

http://www.christiangunowner.com/worst_gun_laws.html

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Its obvious some parents make serious mistakes in owning guns. Years ago I was delivering my young daughter to her tutor when a 15 year old walked up to my van & pointed a rifle in my face. I was legally armed, but since he was with a group of younger kids it appeared he was showing off. I jumped out of my van & snatched the rifle out of his hands. It turned out to be an unloaded pellet rifle. I retained the rifle & when delivering my daughter asked where this kids parents lived. I was told this kid was mentally handicapped & left alone after school for about an hour until a parent arrived. The tutor pleaded with me to not call the cops & immediately called a parent at their work place. What kind of parents would allow a mentally challenged kid to carry a pellet rifle & be left alone? I continued to deliver my daughter to the tutor for over a year, but never saw the kid again. Hopefully, the parents took appropriate action.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
WTF? She was weird, with a weird kid. What's so weird about that? Nobody would give a sh..if he hadn't got his hands on those guns and killed other
Peoples children.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I mean, possibly but by no means probably. It reeks of being concocted in some government agency back room. Sorry for the tinfoil, but I always go with the odds and the odds here aren't good that a middle-aged divorced female schoolteacher in one of the most anti-gun states in the union, was a gun collector who had an AR.

It does smell of wet paint, dont it?
I'm just calling it as I see it. As I said, I can think of plausible explanations, but they are possibilities as opposed to probabilities. The tinfoil thing will go nowhere because people in this country are easily duped whether it be to believe the most crackpot bs about a CIA director having a stroke on the eve of testifying or on the other hand aliens having a secret portal in Oolagah Lake. Even known conspiracies like Fast and Furious just die out because the MSM only pushes what their owners want.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lauren
WTF? She was weird, with a weird kid. What's so weird about that? Nobody would give a sh..if he hadn't got his hands on those guns and killed other
Peoples children.
You're not going by the numbers. Whether it's in Blackjack or real life, anytime you don't go by the numbers you're increasing risk. In this case, the risk is being wrong.

It's already been explained. Weird people with weird kids aren't the norm by that very definition. This whole situation as has been thus far "explained", is strange.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.