Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Laguna
Originally Posted by NH K9
Good job admitting you were wrong.

I will speak to some aviators I respect and see what they have to say on the issue. Pugs is, unfortunately, hunting or I'm sure he would have weighed in by now. Your statement that he was derelict means nothing as you don't have the qualifications to make the statement. I will readily admit that I don't have the requisite knowledge at this point to render a decision on the matter.

That said, the man was a combat pilot. That alone is worthy of respect in my mind.

George

I could've respected Bush if he had at least tried to save his two crew members as was his job. But he didn't. He chose to save himself at the expense of his crew members' lives.

In another post in this thread is a synopsis of a previous incident in which Bush effectuated a water landing saving his crew members. So why didn't he attempt the same maneuver again?

Anyone who reads back over this thread can plainly see that your opinion (stated as fact) that Ltjg. Bush was a coward has been completely shot down. Pun intended.

All those quotes from those who were there, knew Bush and what really went down that day. Pun intended.

Preponderance of evidence supported by his crew statements of what happened on his other ditching when Bush did make a successful water landing.

No Bush crewmember, no one else in VT-51squadron except maybe your source has recited any hint of Bush cowardice. Just the opposite.

Only half of the squadron's original 16 pilots survived the war and nobody at the small 40th squadron reunion supported your so-called �facts.�

Your own research leave a lot to be desired.

Your link quote Mierzejewski who was a turret gunner in a leading aircraft who watched one of his friends go down. He blames Bush.

The other part of your quote is from Robert Flood, a former B-17 bombardier told the press. "He violated the primary rule for a captain of a multi-crew aircraft: The pilot never leaves the airplane with anybody in it.�

Pure BS from someone who wasn�t there, but should know that a pilot orders his crew out first by radio.
Bush was not flying a B17 and had no way to sight check his crew after he did ordered them to bail out.
Some eyewitnesses did see one crewmember leave the plane but no chute.

So you lied when you said: �Many of his fellow aviators have said that Bush was actually a coward.�

And when you said: �He might not know the answer, but others in his squadron do know the answer. And so do we.�

You lied when you said your links �confirm.�

And you keep lying about anyone claiming Bush (including Bush) was a hero for getting shot down.

Ltjg. Bush got his DFC for finishing his bomb run on target after his plane was hit.

Then he ordered his crew to bail out as he tried to head back to his carrier until his cockpit filled with smoke. Followed procedure.

You quote sources who was not in that cockpit�not in the arena with the bull�but you sit in the bleachers and pass judgment.

You have to be really stupid to believe anyone can land an aircraft on water or land with a smoke filled cockpit.

That is what parachutes are for.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good post BOWSINGER, Lagoonie has no clue of flying in general much less in combat under intense AA fire desperately trying to fly a mortally wounded aircraft.

Aircraft commanders' do what they can to insure crew survivability but this hinges on type of aircraft with inflight emergencies being addressed differently as the situation dictates and by crew egress SOP's.

The TBM's design was a major contributing factor for the Bush crew fatalities and had nothing to do with cowardice or dereliction of duty.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
...and that would be an opinion from an aviator that I respect!

What do you say, Woody, dereliction of duty?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NH K9
...and that would be an opinion from an aviator that I respect!

What do you say, Woody, dereliction of duty?

George

Never crossed my mind George,I can only visualize how busy Bush was in the cockpit trying to keep his wings level and flare out before hitting the drink.There's an SOP of egress for every aircraft and crew member but fate has a way of getting in the way of a well thought out plan especially in combat.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Good post BOWSINGER, Lagoonie has no clue of flying in general much less in combat under intense AA fire desperately trying to fly a mortally wounded aircraft.

Aircraft commanders' do what they can to insure crew survivability but this hinges on type of aircraft with inflight emergencies being addressed differently as the situation dictates and by crew egress SOP's.

The TBM's design was a major contributing factor for the Bush crew fatalities and had nothing to do with cowardice or dereliction of duty.

Always good when someone who knows what they are talking about; speaks�Oil on troubled waters�
Lagoonie has been shot down in more ways than Ltjg. Bush.

As for former President George H.W. Bush, I do not agree with Bristoe that Bush was �America's first globalist President.�
I would pick Theodore Roosevelt. And every President since.
And any reincarnated Founding Father after he has been briefed and brought up to speed about the global world we live in today.

I did not agree with the Bush tax increases, but I understand why he changed his mind and broke his pledge. I believe he thought he was doing the right thing at the time.

I have never worried about the phrase �New World Order.� It was tossed about by many world leaders as the Cold War drew to a close. Including Gorbachev. Especially Gorbachev.

Just words. Later Bush explained exactly what he intended.
�Freer from the threat of terror, stronger in the pursuit of justice, and more secure in the quest for peace. An era in which nations of the world, East and West, North and South, can prosper and live in harmony.�

�We have before us the opportunity to forge for ourselves and for future generations a new world order�a world where the rule of law, not the law of the jungle, governs the conduct of nations. When we are successful�and we will be�we have a real chance at this new world order, an order in which a credible United Nations can use its peacekeeping role to fulfill the promise and vision of the U.N.'s founders.�

What I have never forgiven was Bush not finishing the Gulf War by winning the war.
Not demanding from the UN the right to remove the primary cause of that war.

Eradicate the reason to have to go back a second time at such a terrible cost.

Not winning the First Gulf War gave us the Second Gulf War.

President Bush paid heed to and took bad advice from the wrong Generals.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bigwhoop: Indeed George H. W. Bush was a great man and a good president. I admire and thank him for all of his varied services to our country.
I could give a flyingphuck less what any liberal has to say about him or for that matter ANYTHING else.
I hope that President Bush can overcome this illness and continue to enjoy some more years with his family.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The NRA didn't like him.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1936M71, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.