Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

"Leica's true Game Changing Product � the Geovid HD-B w/User Ballistic Interface"

Here it is:

#40047 8x42 Geovid HD-B w/User Ballistic Interface - $2945.00

&

#40049 10x42 Geovid HD-B w/User Ballistic Interface - $2995.00

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This new Geovid HD-B model features class-leading ranging capabilities and field of view, fully functioning ballistics capabilities utilizing the patented Advanced Ballistic Compansation (ABC) technologies featured in the popular CRF 1600-B, and the unique ability to program customized bullet & caliber ballistic data for the most precise holdover readings possible.

The Geovid HD-B also features vastly improved optical performance utilizing our exciting new Perger Porro prism system. The new Geovid HD-B transmits more light and offers an amazingly, wide field of view (10x = 374� @ 1,000 yards). This means these are more effective than ever for scanning the horizon for hidden game. The rangefinding abilities are improved as well, and the new Geovid HD-B can effectively range out to 2,000 yards - the longest ranging capabilities in class.

You'll also find great comfort in the clever, curved, ergonomic chassis that rests perfectly in the palms of the hands for superior grip, comfort, & stability.

The Geovid HD-B offers the Widest field of view of any rangefinding binocular, Ranges further than other rangefinding binoculars, and is the only model to offer full ballistics holdover calculations AND angular ballistic computations.

As with past popular Geovid models the new HD-B of course delivers lightning fast line of sight distance readings using the most sophisticated micro-processing available. However, by adding Leica�s patented ABC system you now have an amazingly, versatile tool that allows you to choose between three different point-of-impact corrections. For shooters utilizing standard plex or similar reticles the ABC system can offer line of sight distance with holdover corrections in inches or centimeters. Shooters with standard turret adjustments can get additional point of impact corrections in �clicks� in either � M.O.A. or mil radian. And finally shooters may choose to receive a calculated Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR) for those utilizing custom turrets manufactured specifically for their rifle & cartridge combination.

In all cases the ABC system accounts for air temperature, absolute air pressure, and angle of incline when making the calculations. Where holdover is being provided the sophisticated processing system also considers the specific ballistic characteristics of your cartridge & rifle combination.

The Leica Geovid HD-B and the ABC system provide one of the most comprehensive selections of pre-programmed ballistic curves in the industry. With12 available options to choose from, every shooter is bound to find a curve that closely matches the ballistic performance of their cartridge.

Additionally, the Geovid HD-B features another amazing and wholly revolutionary function that allows shooters to take this even a step further. Using the Leica online ballistic calculator and use of a micro-SD card slot conveniently located in the waterproof battery compartment, each user can upload their exact ballistics information into the Geovid HD-B. After entering their ballistic data onto the card, all one has to do is simply insert the loaded micro-SD card (included with each Geovid HD-B) into the card slot and the Geovid does the rest. With the micro-SD card inserted the Geovid HD-B�s intelligent features automatically use the ballistic information on the card by default, with no additional programming or feature selections necessary. For shooters with multiple weapons you can carry different cards for each weapon being used and simply insert the card that matches the specific hunter�s rifle & cartridge combination. This customized approach allows for greater accuracy to further distances, due to the precise nature of the ballistics data.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
WOW!

With the wide field of view, do you know what the eye relief is?

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Hi Doug

Looks good. Are they available to buy now? If not, how long will the wait be? I'm interested in the 10x42.

Ian

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice looking Doug! Looks like a close range distance of 10 yds on the specs listed on your website. Do you know if the angle comp goes down that close as well? Looks like I'll be forking over some cash for these.

Lee

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Man those look nice. Im going to have to get a pair. Hey Doug what did they do with the warranty? Thanks Joel

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad they kept it under $3K. *gulp*

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
the big question is what is the eye relief spec?? The other is the functions are a little difficult to grasp exactly what they do. is it correct in saying the unit is capable of taking a temperature reading as well as other readings like alititude and barometric pressure and combining them with a shot to range like the G7 rangefinder??

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
WOW, awesome. I was curious what the announcement was going to be. I won't be buying them, but will be taking advantage of some current geo or ultravids as buyers flock to these....just like they did when they dropped their CRF-900s for 1200's then 1600's

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just placed my order. I was told mid Febuary on delivery. Can't wait.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ebby
Very nice looking Doug! Looks like a close range distance of 10 yds on the specs listed on your website. Do you know if the angle comp goes down that close as well? Looks like I'll be forking over some cash for these.

Lee

Line Of Sight (LOS) ranging is 10 to 2000 yards.
Angular Ballistics functionality is 100 to 875 yards with organic drop tables and 100 to 1000 yards with user custom table.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joelbiltz
Man those look nice. Im going to have to get a pair. Hey Doug what did they do with the warranty? Thanks Joel

The Warranty is the same 5 year warranty that Leica has always had on Geovids

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

I
I
Doug-

Any specs yet on how the beam divergence compares with the Swarovski etc.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Ebby

Lee

Line Of Sight (LOS) ranging is 10 to 2000 yards.
Angular Ballistics functionality is 100 to 875 yards with organic drop tables and 100 to 1000 yards with user custom table.

if that is true I guess archery people are hosed. I sure hope its not. there should be no reason why an archery profile couldn't have been done. sometimes I wonder if the people designing this stuff back in germany have enough input from real hunters here in the US. it is a small niche but where I hunt you better be able to take a long archery shot I am talking in excess of 80 yards and often its at an extreme up or down angle. at that distance even a couple yards could be a miss. case in point had a huge buck at 96 yards some say umm thats way too far but with a very fast bow and someone that knows what they are doing its doable. it was a downward shot at nearly a 40 degree angle. corrected range was 78 yards. without knowing what the correction is you will not hit the deer at all.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doug

Just curious. Any word on if the 1600b might be changed to accept the sd card like these binds??

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 805
Doug

Just curious. Any word on if the 1600b might be changed to accept the sd card like these binds??

That is not happening

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very cool. The main reason I got rid of my 1600's is because I don't do mils. I've largely eliminated the importance of mils by using Swarovski TDS holdover reticles - just need to know the distance which is why I run swaro range finding EL's. It looks like these actually incorporate holdover in inches if you want. Might need to give them a try.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

if that is true I guess archery people are hosed. I sure hope its not. there should be no reason why an archery profile couldn't have been done.

It's true. Confirmed via Leica employee. No angle comp less than 100 yards. Nobody is more disappointed than me. I've been in the market for a RF Bino for a few years now, and have been patiently waiting for the right one to come out. I initially thought the new Geovids fit the bill, but they don't. I personally would have liked to see a basic angle comp program in them that works for archery, instead of a ballistics program. If I had to choose 1 or the other.

Leicas new CRF 1000-B has been updated to include angle comp at 10+ yards. I may be looking into getting one of them to carry for archery until my needs are met. It's just a matter of time. Swaro came out with their unit last year. Leica almost nailed it with the new Geovids this year. Pressure is on Zeiss for next year. smile

Last edited by Fisky; 01/17/13.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
...case in point had a huge buck at 96 yards some say umm thats way too far...

LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What no 100 yard sight pin? Oh never mind, the sight dot would completely cover the deer at that yardage.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just for FWIW, speaking of game changing, did anybody notice that these are porro prism (perger system) rather than the traditional roof prism of other top end glass? Which I guess begs the question as to whether or not Leica sees fit for a binocular only version of this system. To answer my own question, probably not since the patent design seems for the ability to accommodate the ease of putting data into the light path over the traditional roof.

It might be interesting to see if Leica decides to jazz up their high end offerings a bit.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1_deuce, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 21, 222Sako, 56 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,856
Posts18,478,514
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.