Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Watch last nights O'Reilly show. In his talking points he want gun registration (how that will solve anything aludes me). He wants the fed government to be able to prevent a person from crossing state lines with "heavy weapons" like the AR-15 and background checks for all gun sales. Still trying to figure out how any of that will solve anything.

Marko Rubio agreed with him on all of it including mandatory training. Rubio also said it is already a requirement in FL. for guns to be registered. Is this true?

GB1

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I heard clips of Rubio running his mouth somewhere, most likely fox news in the morning, from the O'Reily interview. Rubio ruled himself out as a national candidate with those remarks, as far as I'm concerend.
I have not watched Mr O in a long time. He went moderate and " reasonable " about the time he interveiwed Obama. I only tune in if I know Laura Ingram will be the host(ess).

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heavy weapons now I know that o'really is a spineless POLS that has a hernia. Rubio is another moderate stinking POS he dropped his pants in public over this.

NRA Lifetime Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Heard rubio on Hannity today. Sounded fine with no BS thoughts on heavy weapons or national registration. So I hope we get very detailed video and spoken words from Rubio before we throw him under the shooting bench.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Maybe Rubio is pandering to each show's veiwers. I was shocked when I heard him say that he supported mandatory training and registration.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EWY
Maybe Rubio is pandering to each show's veiwers. I was shocked when I heard him say that he supported mandatory training and registration.

Ernie

Well again, not to be flippant, but in what context was that said? Mandatory trainging in the classroon would be great! But mandatory training to buy one - not so much. Registration? Again of what? Everything? Handguns? AR's?
We need more clarification.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I watched the segment on Oreilly with Rubio last night. I may be wrong, and Rubio may indeed be for registration, but they were talking past each other. The discussion was about CCW's, and Rubio was still talking about that when Bill changed the subject to a more broad statement. I thought Rubio was still talking about CCW's and Bill was taking his statements on that to mean he agrees with his foolishness on AR's and Ak's.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Watch last nights O'Reilly show. In his talking points he want gun registration (how that will solve anything aludes me). He wants the fed government to be able to prevent a person from crossing state lines with "heavy weapons" like the AR-15 and background checks for all gun sales. Still trying to figure out how any of that will solve anything.

Marko Rubio agreed with him on all of it including mandatory training. Rubio also said it is already a requirement in FL. for guns to be registered. Is this true?

If ya looked under the table ya would have seen them stroking each other.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well right now, Rubio is the top contender for 2016. That's a century in politics but he can win many followers if he is truthful and solid with his thouhts.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Fair enough. As I said, I only heard the clip on the morning news. I will see if I can find the complete interveiw and give it a listen.

Ernie

God save the Republic
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Rubio = 12 Million more democrats voting against our gun rights..

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I have it recorded so I'll have to double check, but I am pretty sure after Rubio got done talking about CCW O'Reilly asked him if he agrees with O'Reillys talking points. Rubio said yes.

G
GS Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G

I didn't see the segment, but it sounds like Rubio is talking about CCW with mandatory training. I hold a FL CWFL and training, including range time, is required to qualify for it. You can substitute your hunters safety course for the training. This is route I took. There is, however, no registration of firearms in Florida. Florida is also a "shall issue" state. If you meet the minimum requirements and pay your $120, you get your license.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Marco Rubio is an unaccomplished moron that the Republican party has picked as an ethnically suitable candidate in their hopes of gaining the support the Hispanic population. He's an idiot who's only marginally better than Obama and being Cuban the Mexican illegals the Democrats imported will never support him so the Repubs are out of luck if they think he is the future of the party. We are doomed in this country if Rubio is the best we can come up with.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope...

He said he agreed with O'R's talking points. He agrees with registration.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Yep. Just rewatched it. O'Reilly asked him specifically about registration. He said yes to registration.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Well right now, Rubio is the top contender for 2016. .
Isn't that special?

Doesn't matter who the GOP will trot out in '16 - the result will be the same; another damn DEM in office..

Just watch........

Yep. Just rewatched it. O'Reilly asked him specifically about registration. He said yes to registration.
Which is THE main reason gun owners will never vote for him..

Last - O'Reilly's a left-leaning moderate bloviating fool when it comes to firearms.. Screw him...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EWY
... Rubio running his mouth ....

This is what bothers me about Rubio. When he talks, he sounds like he's not thinking. I get the impression that he'd be a loser in the conventional type of presidential "debate." His opponent or his questioners would keep calling him back to what he has stated and get his tongue wrapped around himself so tightly that wouldn't be able to help contradicting himself.

He needs considerable seasoning before he'll be ready for a national ticket.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No. Rubio's just another neocon.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColKlink
Marco Rubio is an unaccomplished moron that the Republican party has picked as an ethnically suitable candidate in their hopes of gaining the support the Hispanic population. He's an idiot who's only marginally better than Obama and being Cuban the Mexican illegals the Democrats imported will never support him so the Repubs are out of luck if they think he is the future of the party. We are doomed in this country if Rubio is the best we can come up with.
Exactly right, and welcome to the Fire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 3,128 guests, and 1,439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,743
Posts18,476,068
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.