Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have friends who sell alot of their country artwork at this show in the past, they will be out $$$ this year.

Ted
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
WOW...this is getting big.

The biggest sportsman show on the east coast is going to get blanked this year.

If this boycott doesn't work, I'll be shocked.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The show's website shows all the vendors/celebs as coming, shouldn�t they remove the names? isn�t that false advertising to list groups that have pulled?

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The outdoor Channel just announced they are out as a major sponsor

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pa_gus

Where'd you see that at? I haven't been able to verify it yet...that should be the final coffin nail if it happens.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The wealthy sponsored folks and corporate types pulling out will not be the ones hurt, it is the smaller independant folks who will take the hit. And the local economy which does a big part of its annual business during the timeframe.

Big names will simply enjoy a couple of days off doing whatever they want to. I fail to see how a boycott of the show will send the intended message to the promoter except possibly for lower ticket sales at the gate. Seems this may only hurt the little guy in the industry that lives for this show.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It just disapeared from there website
LINK- scroll down to the bottom to see sponsors

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pa_gus

They updated their sponsor list...the Outdoor Channel was listed earlier today....Progressive and Comcast is all that's left.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelringer
The wealthy sponsored folks and corporate types pulling out will not be the ones hurt, it is the smaller independant folks who will take the hit. And the local economy which does a big part of its annual business during the timeframe.

Big names will simply enjoy a couple of days off doing whatever they want to. I fail to see how a boycott of the show will send the intended message to the promoter except possibly for lower ticket sales at the gate. Seems this may only hurt the little guy in the industry that lives for this show.

The "little guy" sometimes must take a stand at their own expense!

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Raeford

The "little guy" sometimes must take a stand at their own expense!

Understood. They, IMO have more to lose than the corporate types. I hate to see them take the punch. Hope someone steps in and plans a show to make up for the lost opportunity.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Let's not forget that a whole bunch.of little guys are also boycotting it. I think between the celebs and vendors/sponsors the boycot list is close to 200 isn't it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Its a shame democrats have to piss on the parade. Another 10 million NRA members would have prevented this.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It will be difficult at times, but it is necessary, and it would be great if it became more widespread.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I agree, the small guys have more to lose and am sorry for them.

But Washington only follows the money and they are certainly taking note that the corporate shooting industry isn't rolling over to put profits before principle.

It's a big deal.

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is the small guy, as each individual gun owner is, that is "winning" here, if anyone is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got an e-mail from NWTF sayin they're out too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too bad there can't be another venue in town to setup the show and let reed really feel the bite.....as people pile into the other show and they can't give away free flo tee shirts.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Kudos to those not attending. Nice work.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

1. Some affected people need to get some good attorneys looking into the situation to see if they have grounds for a class-action lawsuit against the group that is running the show. I wonder about how changing the "rules" at this late date and then not refunding registration fees would fare against contract law. Another course of action would be to try to get an injunction to prevent the company running the show from prohibiting AR-15s and associated equipment. I don't think legal action is often the right path, but in this situation, with people's livelihoods being affected by a bait-and-switch, legal action might be what's needed.

2. Clearly there needs to be an alternative. I know the show starts in less than two weeks, but perhaps somebody could secure a suitable location in/around Harrisburg for the smaller businesses that might be harmed without a suitable show to exhibit at.

People can't cave to the leftists running the show. That sends the wrong message. Vendors should boycott and so should potential attendees. The place should be a ghost town unless something changes.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Not me,neighbor even bought us advance tickets online.
Burned them Sat.night w/ a few shots and beers.

Might be a good time for anyone who bought tickets with a credit card online to try to dispute the charges ASAP. Bet a bunch of folks bought them online.. Just a thunk.

Call it false advertising by the promoter to justify it to the CC company since so many booths will be vacant now, due to the unacceptable actions by the promoters. Class action suit, some damn thing. Make it hurt. If nothing else it will be a PITA for them to fight the disputes & cost them time, if nothing else. They need to pay, one way or the other. Get creative & stay mad. Burn. Them. Down.

"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid..." "Keeps me warm." -Red Dawn smile

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,475
Posts18,529,558
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.