Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
T
Techsan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Tanner
I'll say it again... I shoot and admire both cartridges a ton and think I provided some valuable comments to the thread. I don't see the need for a "truce" as all we are doing here anyways is gackin'...

Then by all means let the gackin' continue.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but you suggesting that Jordan and I are part of some "Insane Clown Posse

I was quite careful not to be specific, or name a sole.

Inference is a funny thing. wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mako,

You need someone to toss you another rubber dick across the street,so as to wear some of your Cabin Fever off and to rid your copious supply of Vaseline. Like Dice says..."you want Gay Rights? Take 10% offa Vaseline and get back in the [bleep] closet!".

What's your excuse gonna be today,for keeping your [bleep] glued to the couch? One thing is for certain about you,when it's all said and done...there's going to be a lot more said than done. I'm thinkin' that is even on the Texas State Flag,though written in Spanish. Laffin'!

I was lookin' forward to your dissertation upon the bore sizes you were gonna next Imagine,to have familiarity with. Kick your Pretend up another notch and ring the bell. Laffin'!

It'll be daybreak here in a half hour and I'm torn on what riggin' to tote for the day,as it's a 5 minute jaunt to the river. Creek in the backyard swolled up,so now it's decision time on the Sage 290,Loomis STFR 1363S and a Loomis 1141S in either GL3 or GLX. Thoughts? Laffin'!

Wind is honkin' too and I cain't decide between fast twist 223AI,22-250AI,243AI,6-284,7-08,7-08AI,284,280,280AI...or just say "[bleep] it" and roll a Montucky 7 Whizzum. As per your "experience",what would you do,if you knowed what they was?!!? Laffin'!

Schit don't get much funnier,than a couchbound cock cravin' Texan talkin' out her pie hole,about all the things she almost did,with all the wares she almost had and from all the places she has almost been.

Mebbe you can summons enough Pretend,so as to plagiarize another video as a Trump Card of your uncanny "prowess".

You go girl!

Techsan,

There was nothing in dispute. A herd of Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbphucks for reasons known only to them,felt compelled to flaunt their Imaginations and Pretend,while feigning a first clue about Boolisteaks 101 and it'd be a gross understatement to cite that it didn't begin to fly or hold water.

The 243 will simply outpace the 25-06 in all avenues and from a shorter/lighter rifle of less recoil,less noise,with more Precision,less cost and more fun. Them is simplistic facts,much to the chagrin of The Paper Hat Brigade. Boolits matter more than headstamps and when one gives such matters a thunk and arranges exceptional projectiles,at meaningful velocity,within a magbox/throat melded to same,lotsa schit gets real [bleep] easy,real fast as automatic defaults. It only sounds easy,because it is. Hint.

Though I do get a kick outta the folks who shoot the least,Whining the most and enjoy the constant of that dichotomy as they repeatedly flaunt their incredible [bleep] stupidity.

People crack me up.

Tanner,

Spent primers are THE Supreme Tutorial,though it is funny to grant them who only shoot their imaginations,the opportunity to "quantify" same.

The only thing Mako' could offer in the firsthand,is how loud her Imagination is,when she shoots it. She's the Texas Jeff-O,thus her wellfounded lamentation in hangin' a pic...which would obviously correlate same and set her Pretend back a smidge.

I remain curious if there is a Master Dumbphuck who pens all these inept attempts at the basics,or if there is in fact,truly that many dumb [bleep] in this World?!?

Fascinating stuff.(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You've firmly established you're crazy.

*and answer a whistle quite well*

good boy.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[bleep] I love the 'fire.

14T .22-250 and a 257/.30-06. The best combo a feller can run. Add a 35 Whelan to it to top it all off.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
You're nothin' to me sis', and I mean nothin.'

You're nothin'.

*good for two or three paragraphs, at least*

You're still nothin'.

You're slurring your typing, and remain - "nothing".

*might get a book this time*

" You're slurring your typing, and remain - "nothing".

*might get a book this time*"

You're a predictable nothin'.

Amusing yourself again I see.

Along with being a one-hit-wonder badly in need of new material, you need some mental help.

And of course, you remain nothin'. smile

Boxer, you're nothin'.

Boxer, you're nothin'.

Oh, you remain nothin'.

You are nothin'.

(crazy as a chithouse rat, but nothin').

And then he types this gem!

You're a predictable nothin'.

And this one too. Seems to apply here huh Mako?

You really need some new material.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bwaaahhaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa

T
Techsan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
nsaqam, I can't remember, are you the union dude that voted for Obama?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
didn't all union dudes?......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've been reading this one for a couple of days now and had to pipe in. Shoot what you want, you want a 25-06, knock your socks off, a 243 good for you, thankfully we all have these choices.

The attacks on Jordan and Tanner to me were uncalled for, they, by their own experiences, were confirming what Boxer was stating. If they are part of the clown posse, well then so am I.

You may not like the way Larry/Stick/Boxer comes across and I have had my own debates with him on here about the 338-06 but if you listen to him and read the tech part of his posts, he knows what he's talking about. I have also exchanged pm's with him and have to say, he responds quick and gives you staright up good info.

Mako, for a guy who can't stand him, you are quick to respond and keep reitterating the same thing over and over again about him which to me is as insane as what you state he does, if not more so.

Boxer,

a new gem, "The Paper Hat Brigade", thankfully I was not drinking my coffee or it would have been all over my computer screen.

For me, I'm looking for a rem 243 to try some of the high bc, 6mm's out there. I love the 25's, love the 7mm's even more so, but the light kickin 243 will be alot of fun. I also have one in a Rem youth for my oldest, looking for a Rem youth for my youngest and have 200 new 243 cases to use up. When I hunt, I will probably stay with one of the 7mm-08's or 280 rem but need to get the kids dialed in and have about 10 months to do so. A lot of time to pop some primers.

Where I hunt and my comfort zone is about 300 yds max so really neither matters but again, its fun to try and pop primers

Last edited by ChipM; 01/24/13.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
but you suggesting that Jordan and I are part of some "Insane Clown Posse

I was quite careful not to be specific, or name a sole.

Inference is a funny thing. wink

You specifically referred to both of us earlier in the thread, so it doesn't take much to connect the dots...

Also, I'm starting to think that you might be mentally ill. I've never seen this side of you before, but the crazy has really started to show in this thread.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Techsan
nsaqam, I can't remember, are you the union dude that voted for Obama?

Guess he doesn't want to answer your question.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mako,

Didja' get hit by a car,chasing rubber cocks across the highway?!!?

That's how 'squeeze faked her death too.

Laffin'!

archie',

You done stole her Imagination and broke her spirits.

That was mean.

Laffin'!

'qam,

She was really on fire there for a while and I cain't decide if it were the Meds kickin' in,or peterin' out.

I know she'll vote for the peterin'.

Laffin'!

Chip,

Reduced recoil,reduced noise,reduced trajectory drop,reduced drift,reduced cost,reduced length/weight and reduced misses...ain't bitter pills to swallow for the astute.

I always could cut to the [bleep] chase.(grin)

SLM,

Still cain't master Blurtitude across the frame.

Wind lay down right after daybreak,so it were a .435BC at 3150fps affair this morning. Currently a .625BC at 5700fps maelstrom...but morning be a wee bit away as of yet.

[Linked Image]

Gunned a leetle Mergirific ala 6-stop meld and am thinkin' I like it.

[Linked Image]

Could barely get my float blurry for you.

[Linked Image]

Given current conditions,I slipped a 243AI and a 6-284 in my crummy as presets for the AM and hate to say,that I'll prolly tote an STFR and the 290 in conjunction with the 1141-S mainstays.

Just might could be a boomer day tomorrow.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Digging the HDR, need to remember to try it more.

Can you list the specs on the 6/284? I have something similar kicking around in my head for a medium weight .260ai, I would like to do a Ruger s/a but DMB and stock choices are slim.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'bag,

HDR done right,flies under the radar and none are the wiser. I use Nik HDR Efex Pro2 software and am thinkin' highly of it.

Went over the top here,with a grunge-esque vibe,to convey the mood of the Old Gal being on her last legs. If I recall correctly,it too were a 6 stop EV swing. SOOC file as metered by the camera,less any compensation,added beneath...if only for conversation.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

35-incher outta the gate this AM and due to weather and my cold hands,I opted to gun the G-12 and fill flash as opposed o the 1D3 and ambient.

[Linked Image]

Ambient view ala '12 at 1/10 sec shutterspeed,which is about as hard as I can hold,when I'm shiverin'.

[Linked Image]

Chrome Peanut.

[Linked Image]

Finally broke day.

[Linked Image]

Fished the tide change and high slack,then sauntered off to gun final come-ups with formed cases in the Faux Ti 243AI.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/IMG_0320.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/IMG_0321.jpg[/img]

Weather blew up again,post slack...like it usually do.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/IMG_0326.jpg[/img]

As to 6-284's,I've a pair.

You's prolly most interested in the Laser [bleep] Beam. It is a #3,1-8" Brux at 23.3",in a Sako Hunter handle wearing Atlas DBM and fed via Alpha 2 mags for their increased COAL latitude. It was throated to my dummy,which will kiss the 105A-Max at a leetle shy of 2.950". S/A 700 based,clip slotted receiver and it wears a Badger 20MOA lugged rail,holding a 3.5-10x M1 LR Duplex. Been drivin' the Hornie 105 HPBT at 3325fps and the erector jives with it's assigned .530BC.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G4026.jpg[/img]

Not a bad way to fly.(hint)

T
Techsan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Great pictures Boxer, you do know how to work a camera.

Montana arrived this week. I'm going to agree with a post by another member made somewhere, it almost feels like a toy gun when compared to the weight and heft of the Finnbear. So light, I almost want to try and twirl it, but that would be incredibly gay, so I won't. It balances very well, and after holding it for a bit then picking up the Finnbear, that rifle feels so damn heavy in comparison. Hopefully my work schedule allows me to do some shooting soon.

Carry on fellas.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Appreciate the intel. I never thought of using HDR that way.

I also use the G12 with fill flash, being able to fine tune the EV and flash for perfect exposures is like cheating.

Laser [bleep] Beam, I'm digging that build. Might have to send some money down under to get another project started.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Has anyone put the Hornady 105 HPBT into game yet? If so, do tell please.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'san,

May as well get rid of the Sako,you sure as schit ain't gonna tote it or shoot it anymore.(hint)

The Montuckys is for real.

'bag,

Schlepped streamside for 10hrs today,less nary a bump...let alone a fish. Chopped trails and shot off overhanging limbs,between casts.

Pre-setting glowbugs prior to daylight and banging G-12 flash.

[Linked Image]

Slurking outta the sopping Jungle,after dark...having played in the rain,snow,hail,wind,rain,wind,rain,wind and rain.(grin) Stubborn enough that I couldn't quit casting and musta made 6 or 700 "last casts",so as to dare a strike which never transpired. G-12 flash.

[Linked Image]

Was toting a dedicated Canon videocamera,GoPro2,G-12,1D3,Giotto's tripod,hackers,choppers,doodads,knickknacks and a Rocktucky. Wingman schlepped one of my 39A's and I whistled nearly a brick through it,sprucing things up for improved drifts.

1D3 merge,in the one fair squirt of decent weather for the day. Suplized the Giotto's stayed grounded in the current,as it were better than a foot deep in the water.

[Linked Image]

Been a long [bleep] time since I've been skunked and I thunk it rather funny. The 39 got beat to [bleep],buttpad all swolled the [bleep] up and I'm starting to remember why I HATE blued/walnut Goat [bleep].(grin) Would like to see a 39 in S/S and laminate,chambered 17HMR.

I digress.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm also curious abouut the 105 BTHP and how quick it opens. Better buy some.

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 01/27/13. Reason: sp
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,197 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,931
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.