-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David."

Wonder who's shotgun he uses? Think he owns one? Who are the others?

BTW, I see Obama as the president of Blame. Can't recall him ever acknowledging responsibility.

GOA
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

obama has the Secret Service FBI and the military all with guns to protect his family as well as himself, but doesn't think that the rest of us need guns to protect ourselves and family

If the police need and use a type of weapon then we "joe or jane citizen" should have the same protective weapon

Pure and simple

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Feinstein has a concealed weapons permit in Ca. Hypocrite to the max

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TooDogs
"Has Obama himself ever fired a gun? Yes, he says, he and others shoot skeet frequently at the president's Maryland retreat, Camp David."

Wonder who's shotgun he uses? Think he owns one? Who are the others?

BTW, I see Obama as the president of Blame. Can't recall him ever acknowledging responsibility.

Biden taught him how to shoot

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AP thinks it will be the Democrats that kill it:

Dems May Sink Gun Measures
Some Wary About Obama�s Proposals
By Erica Werner

The Associated Press
WASHINGTON � As the Senate prepares to begin debating new gun control measures, some of President Barack Obama�s fellow Democrats are poised to frustrate his efforts to enact the most sweeping limits on weapons in decades.

These Democrats from largely rural states with strong gun cultures view Obama�s proposals warily and have not committed to supporting them. The lawmakers� concerns could stand in the way of strong legislation before a single Republican gets a chance to vote �no.�

�There�s a core group of Democratic senators, most but not all from the West, who represent states with a higher-than-average rate of gun ownership but an equally strong desire to feel their kids are safe,� said Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns. �They�re having hard but good conversations with people back home to identify the middle-ground solutions that respect the Second Amendment but make it harder for dangerous people to get their hands on guns.�

All eyes are on these dozen or so Democrats, some of whom face re-election in 2014. That includes Sens. Max Baucus of Montana, Mark Begich of Alaska and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

The Senate Judiciary Committee begins hearings Wednesday.

Interest groups, lobbyists, lawmakers, crime victims and others with a stake in the outcome will be watching these senators closely for signals about what measures they might support. The answers will say a lot about what, if anything, Congress can pass in the wake of the shootings of 20 school and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., last month.

At issue are Obama�s proposals to ban assault weapons, limit ammunition magazines, crack down on trafficking and require universal background checks. Leading the charge against those ideas is the National Rifle Association. The group wields enormous power to rally public sentiment and is a particular threat to Democrats in pro-gun states who face re-election.

The political concerns of Democrats create problems for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., who has his own history with the NRA.

The powerful gun lobby endorsed him in previous elections, but stayed neutral in his most recent race, in 2010. Even before Obama announced the gun proposals this month, Reid told a Nevada PBS station that an assault weapons ban would have a hard time getting through Congress. That comment irked Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., author of such a ban.

�Clearly, it wasn�t helpful,� she said this past week in reintroducing her measure.

But Feinstein�s original assault weapons ban was a stern political lesson for Reid and other Democrats. Its passage as part of President Bill Clinton�s crime bill in 1994 was blamed for Democratic election losses that year after the NRA campaigned against lawmakers who supported the legislation.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I would just warn about complacency. We all need to keep on our reps, federal, state and local. I am afraid that if we think we have defeated this thing and go to sleep we will wake up with bans in place.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EWY
I would just warn about complacency. We all need to keep on our reps, federal, state and local. I am afraid that if we think we have defeated this thing and go to sleep we will wake up with bans in place.

Ernie

+1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Just the old hat stink of a narcissist:

Not sure this will enlarge, the bone says 'citizenship'.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We need to make the 2nd amendment an issue in all state and local elections. A candiate better support my rights if he wants my vote.

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 01/27/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I disagree with the title of this thread: "Obama Knows His AWB Is Dead...Blaming The GOP Has Begun." He doesn't believe it's dead at all. Blaming Republicans is part of the strategy to get it passed -- same with everything else he does.

By the way, he continually calls for "compromise." Why is compromise such a high value. Compromise is what keeps the pendulum continually pushing leftward. We can compromise everything away -- until this is no longer America.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

obama has the Secret Service FBI and the military all with guns to protect his family as well as himself, but doesn't think that the rest of us need guns to protect ourselves and family

If the police need and use a type of weapon then we "joe or jane citizen" should have the same protective weapon

Pure and simple
+1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the lier in chief would be much more comfortable running America like hugo does down in Venezuela. Dictators have a lot more leeway when implementing their programs.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think one of the most powerful and cost effective tools the NRA has ever used was mailing out voter guides with gun friendly grades for all the candidates on the upcoming ballot....

I didn't get one for the most recent election cycle though? Anyone else get one this year???

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"compromise"
That's like when two people are pointing guns at each other, but the guy who won't put his down so the other can have a free shot is unwilling to "compromise"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He knew if was never going to pass. He just wanted to use it to leverage the media into (continuing to) demonizing the Repubs. It's all about 2014 and the midterms.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw

Imagine the gall of those who do the bidding of those that sent them. And that notwithstanding that they all solemnly swore to uphold and defend our constitution.

Imagine the gall of those who actually obey the Constitution!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I don't care who he blames, as long as the dmn thing is dead. It ain't no ones business but my own what my gun looks like or how many bullets the "clip" holds.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve
He knew if was never going to pass. He just wanted to use it to leverage the media into (continuing to) demonizing the Repubs. It's all about 2014 and the midterms.

I think he just wants it to go away. They came on strong, knowing it would appease the base...and go down quickly.
The last thing he wants is the people coming to the poles in 2014 that didn't bother in November.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think he just wants it to go away.

if it goes away he'll have to talk about fast and furious, bengazi, the economy, unemployment; and that stuff is sooo boring.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Steve

I think he just wants it to go away. They came on strong, knowing it would appease the base...and go down quickly.
The last thing he wants is the people coming to the poles in 2014 that didn't bother in November.

It sure looked like he did not want any part of this fight right after the shootings.

It could be that after ignoring the Aurora shootings because of the elections they figured they had to try now or just about give up completely on any kind of restrictions.

If we weather this storm it is hard to imagine what kind of a horrible �crisis� they would need to give it another run. In other words, if the people can see this kind of a disaster but still don�t fall for a knee jerk Legislative reaction then it does not bode well for any future attempts to curtail our 2nd Amendments rights.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 13 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,069
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.