-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Like their blatant anti-gun policies aren't enough. As mentioned before, I cancelled both of my credit cards with them some month's back for their blatant 2nd amendment hating. A month ago I went to pay my bill for the card I got in replacement of those two and decided to do it online. Unfortunately I had left the information for one of my BofA cards with my bank and I accidentally sent the payment to BofA instead. It was a roughly $2,000 bill. I JUST hung up with them after the THIRD call trying to get my blasted money back!!!! Everytime I call them it's the same song and dance "Can we have your social, routing number, urine sample, first born, blah blah blah. When the money didn't show in "3 to 5 days" (or 10 days for that matter) after the first "No Hablas" promised, I called back and went through the EXACT same conversation again and that "No Hablas" was simply mystified why they didn't have any record of my first call but assured me I'd have my funds in ... of course... "3 to 5 days". Needless to say it didn't show up. Just hung up again and it was deja vu all over again! I LOST IT! When I insisted I wanted to talk to someone other than the "No Hablas" who was giving me the exact same "3 to 5 days" story, I got the "Sr. No Hablas". Well Jr. No Hablas had apparently prepped her and she must have apologized 10 times before I could even get a word in. "Supposedly", I'll get my freaking money wired back today despite Jr. telling me that wasn't possible. I wonder what kind of 'late fee' they'll be paying ME for delaying MY payment back?
God I HATE that bank and will be glad to never have to deal with their sorry posteriors again!!!! mad mad mad mad
Sorry... sure glad it's Friday. blush

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd like to read that but I could give a flying [bleep] about another hurt cunny on the 'Fire.

What the hell is it with all you silly girls? I got a paper cut, let me tell everyone.

Why don't you go tell Jesus about your bad experience, let us see if he laughs at you too.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What would Odin do?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never mind... Not worth the effort..

Last edited by Redneck; 02/01/13.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
BofA is a too big to fail bank. You just helped assure it'll remain on life support for a little while longer.

BTW, you're out more than 2k. You had to gross more than 2k to net 2k, and that doesn't count work related expenses.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I accidentally sent the payment to BofA instead. It was a roughly $2,000 bill.

Clearly their fault.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Clearly their fault.
Wait, me sending them the money was their fault too!?! Wow, I thought them keeping my money for a month despite multiple request to return it and assurances from them that was happening yet it not, was the only thing they were at fault for. Heck, I'll have to call them back!!!! laugh

Haven't been around for a bit but good to see this place is as full of awesome as ever. grin Good to know some things are constant.
Hope spring time reaches a few basements sooner than later...

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

Clearly their fault.
Wait, me sending them the money was their fault too!?! Wow, I thought them keeping my money for a month despite multiple request to return it and assurances from them that was happening yet it not, was the only thing they were at fault for. Heck, I'll have to call them back!!!! laugh

Haven't been around for a bit but good to see this place is as full of awesome as ever. grin Good to know some things are constant.
Sorry to hear about your money. Them keeping your money is theft, although more than likely there is something that allows them to legally just keep it in some part of the member's agreement that you signed.

I did a thread about BoA a couple of weeks back asking an honest question about whether or not they could be sued for not honoring gun and gun-related charges. It seems like a civil rights violation to me. I got flamed all over the place and accused of mph, etc. So don't take it too seriously.

Ironically, we never use our BoA card anymore anyway and our second BoA card only because it has Bass Pro rewards on it. I'd have canceled them both already if it weren't for it effecting my credit score.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

Clearly their fault.

Sorry to hear about your money. Them keeping your money is theft, although more than likely there is something that allows them to legally just keep it in some part of the member's agreement that you signed.

I did a thread about BoA a couple of weeks back asking an honest question about whether or not they could be sued for not honoring gun and gun-related charges. It seems like a civil rights violation to me. I got flamed all over the place and accused of mph, etc. So don't take it too seriously.

Ironically, we never use our BoA card anymore anyway and our second BoA card only because it has Bass Pro rewards on it. I'd have canceled them both already if it weren't for it effecting my credit score.
Probably right E (about the agreement) but I cancelled the blasted card so I was a little surprised they even accepted the payment into a closed account. Of course hard to imagine a bank NOT accepting money. grin
This was a BPS card and at the time let BofA and BPS know why I cancelled it. I don't shop at BPS anymore because of that. They wouldn't even answer why they continue to support BofA when directly asked. When all that hit the fan about McMillan and BofA, BPS' answer was to sponsor a "2nd amendment sale" but ONLY if you used their BofA card. They have nerve... I'll give them that...

NRA Lifer

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sure they have nerve. Thieves always do, otherwise they just go on welfare. The smart, nervy ones become bankers and politicians.

The Member Agreement thing was no slam. I probably have seven or eight cards of which I normally only use one. There probably isn't a need for more than two or three. One to use, one for backup if that one's not accepted at a given store or is declined due to some eff up and maybe another just in case. Anymore though, they want to mix rewards or loyalty points in with a credit card and it's hard to resist another ten percent off a $700 gun purchase. Hence, Cabela's, BPS, etc. I probably read the first couple of agreements in their entirety and then read them again in an attempt to actually understand all the legalese. After that...who is gonna stand around in Cabela's reading the whole thing?

Well...I deserve to have money legally stolen since I freely admit I didn't read the whole thing.

Another irony is that our first BoA card which was originally one or two banks ago from ones that BoA ate up, was our best card. Biggest credit limit. Only one or two glitches along the way, etc. Free interest from time to time.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I closed a credit card years ago. I sent them the payoff amount and asked them to close it. Evidently some interest accrued while the payment was in route or something because I got a bill for 10 cents the next month. I called them to see if they'd drop it and close the account and they said I either sent them their 10 cents or face a $35 late charge. Not wanting to run into the same problem again I sent them a check for 11 cents just to make sure. I ended up with a 1 cent credit when I closed the account.

So, I called them and asked them to send me my 1 cent. The lady on the phone said, "Sir you're being ridicules you don't really expect us to send you a check for 1 cent." I said "what's more ridicules, your bank demanding a broke college student send them a check for 10 cents or a broke college student asking for his 1 cent back. I only wish I could threaten you with a $35 late charge."

They sent me the check and then I never cashed it. I still get pre-approvals for a new card from them and I usually write no thanks on it and mail it back in at their expense.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
lol

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sure hope you get over that paper cut soon.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Avoid big banks like the plague.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (338rcm, 204guy, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280Ackleyrized, 2ndwind, 22 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,622
Posts18,474,036
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.