-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That looks like a typical post here on the freak show forum.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Funny you identified Koresh. How about Kaczynski?
===============

Forensic Psychiatrist: 'Dorner Is Like Kaczynski'

Feb 08, 2013 12:45 AM EST
Gerri Shaftel Constant, Fox 11 Medical Producer -

"This is completely out of character for the man you knew who always wore a smile." Christopher Dorner indicated in his manifesto that on the inside he was very different from the smiling face we've seen in so many photos. Dr. Park Dietz has witnessed dichotomies like this for decades. He's a Forensic Psychiatrist who has evaluated countless high-profile killers.

Among them: The Unibomber, Jeffery Dahmer, the D.C. Snipers and Jared Loughner, the man convicted of killing six, and wounding 12 while trying to assassinate Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in a 2011 Tucson rampage.

Dr. Dietz has been studying the criminal mind since the 1970's. He says this appears to be "a classic case of workplace violence", but that Dorner's level of intelligence and his weapons training make him an extremely formidable adversary for law enforcement. Dietz says the manifesto indicates both feelings of persecution along with a sense of grandiosity, and that often these feelings go hand in hand. It is likely, says Dietz, that Dorner's feelings of grandiosity lead him to believe he can outsmart the law enforcement agencies now on a massive manhunt in an effort to apprehend him.

Why might he have taken action? Dietz believes Dorner felt his "good name was besmirched" when he was fired by the LAPD. In people with a high level of narcissism, perceived insults can cause deep wounds that may never fully heal. Dr. Dietz says among the murderers he's evaluated there's a striking level of "grudge holding" and "injustice collecting". Dorner's manifesto indicates he's not only collecting the injustices he suffered personally, but also historical injustices including the Rodney King beating. By taking on historical injustices as his own, Dorner can justify whatever action he deems necessary to avenge them.

Killing a loved one of a target is extremely rare, says Dr. Dietz, who adds that when it happens, "it indicates a desire to cause extreme pain". If, as alleged, Dorner killed Monica Quan, the daughter of former LAPD Captain Randal Quan, it's likely because Dorner felt the pain he suffered when he lost his job was no less significant than the pain of losing a child.

Dr. Dietz would welcome the opportunity to talk to Dorner and evaluate him. He believes that Dorner might respond and cooperate with an investigation if he were addressed with the level of respect he feels he deserves.

You can find out more information about the work Dr. Dietz does to protect schools, companies and celebrities from threats of violence by visiting www.taginc.com.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe so. Poor fella just can't understand why he's not in charge. I suppose that maybe he thinks he is...now.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dang...I shoulda been a shrink.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm surprised to learn he's black...I've been working horrendously long hours, & haven't been able to catch up on all this.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
good grief, everything from some slight in high school, to Charlie Sheen, to the AWB ban, to Zimmerman.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long time problem for anyone who crosses his path. 2 of the 3 dead were civilians,not cops. He is just a homicidal psychopath who has found his mantel. Curdog, you asked why the cops on the search would be fatigued. It is a given. When there is someone who WILL kill you,not MIGHT kill you, low temperatures and wind,long hours,spotty food and little sleep, it is inescapable.This is NOT a run of the mill search for a dangerous felon, it is very much into the combat operation. By far the most criminals really are no out to specifically kill anyone outside of their original targets. This guy is definitely out to kill. He was quite specific and has amply demonstrated that he will. I HAVE done a fair amount of real fighting in my life and I say this guy is not going to leave anyone a choice. With him,barring 1000% pure luck,it is a case of kill or be killed. He is also very much a LEFT WING CRAZY. The perfect storm. They are the plus perfect practitioners of self-justification and he will have a coterie of supporters from his ilk. Watch and see.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
saw this on another story...

"Donner was also a Navy reservist who'd just finished his military career as a lieutenant Friday. His only overseas deployment was to a Navy base in Bahrain. He also received a Rifle Marksman Ribbon and Pistol Expert Medal, meaning he received superior scores when he tested at the range."

Originally Posted by Calhoun
Back to the two civilians who were shot...

From Luv2Safari's article:

Police said the women were riding in a truck similar to the one that Dorner is believed to be driving � a blue or gray Nissan Titan.

Their blue pickup was riddled with bullet holes and what appeared to be newspapers were scattered in the street.

... eek
I haven't been following everything in this case, so this was news to me.. The cops thought this truck had Dorner in it so they just opened fire?????? Whoooeeeee.. the lawsuits' awards from THAT idiocy will reach about ten figures..

Man, if I owned a truck that was similar to this a-hole, I'd leave that thing in the garage so a bunch of trigger-happy cops wouldn't be targeting me just because my truck LOOKED like his!!

Just unreal...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bad things happen in the middle of a mass murder rampage among 4 million people. Unreal? I'd agree.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dr. Dietz has been studying the criminal mind since the 1970's. He says this appears to be "a classic case of workplace violence", but that Dorner's level of intelligence and his weapons training make him an extremely formidable adversary for law enforcement. Dietz says the manifesto indicates both feelings of persecution along with a sense of grandiosity, and that often these feelings go hand in hand. It is likely, says Dietz, that Dorner's feelings of grandiosity lead him to believe he can outsmart the law enforcement agencies now on a massive manhunt in an effort to apprehend him.

Why might he have taken action? Dietz believes Dorner felt his "good name was besmirched" when he was fired by the LAPD. In people with a high level of narcissism, perceived insults can cause deep wounds that may never fully heal. Dr. Dietz says among the murderers he's evaluated there's a striking level of "grudge holding" and "injustice collecting". Dorner's manifesto indicates he's not only collecting the injustices he suffered personally, but also historical injustices including the Rodney King beating. By taking on historical injustices as his own, Dorner can justify whatever action he deems necessary to avenge them.

Nailed it.

This kind of thinking and attitude is epidemic in our society, and has been on the increase ever since the term "me generation" came into vogue. Rights without responsibilities, and above everybody else. Most of these types are simply self-absorbed azzholes, a PITA to be around. They clog up systems with their grievances and lawsuits. However, in rare but extreme cases like this they commit violence. They are the extreme tip of a large iceberg. When the individual is a minority, perceptions of racism come into play, but it is the same dynamic regardless of what group they belong to.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can you imagine the conflict our Stormfront types are feeling?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This has the potentialto be far worse. This guy will not fight on THEIR terms,he will fight on HIS terms. One man can sure create total chaos when he has the will and the ability to act on it.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Koresh was willing to "Die for the cause".[ the "cause" being himself]

Dorner is willing to "Kill for the cause".[the "cause" being himself]

Koresh could only die once, but this bastard can go on killing until his luck runs out.

By shooting up innocent persons, the LAPD has made themselves out to be cowardly, self serving people.Dorner is at least smart enough not to interfere with their hole digging.

He obviously couldn't have planned on them goin' crazier than he is, but he'll take it as a gift.

He may not kill another cop until he sees himself dropping off the front page.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
By shooting up innocent persons, the LAPD has made themselves out to be cowardly, self serving people.Dorner is at least smart enough not to interfere with their hole digging.

He obviously couldn't have planned on them goin' crazier than he is, but he'll take it as a gift.
=============

What broad brushed baloney.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're giving him a lot of credit. Most narcissists are a lot better at talking than they are at doing. We shall see.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
This has the potentialto be far worse. This guy will not fight on THEIR terms,he will fight on HIS terms. One man can sure create total chaos when he has the will and the ability to act on it.

I think you have the situation pegged perfectly.

You do know, of course, that your post will be read by some as "supporting this nutcase".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

I think you have the situation pegged perfectly.

You do know, of course, that your post will be read by some as "supporting this nutcase".

Not if they know ET's background. And most on here do.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You're giving him a lot of credit. Most narcissists are a lot better at talking than they are at doing. We shall see.

He needs to be taken seriously and pursued with due caution, but he doesn't sound like a Rambo, except in his own mind.

The media, of course, will make him out to be larger than life, with references to military training and his Marksman medal. Hell, a company clerk or Navy yeoman has "military training" and Marksman is pretty basic.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is proof unconventional warfare and terrorist tactics work, at least short term.

It has people seeing ghosts and shooting at shadows. As ET says, this is a combat scenario, not a law enforcement one. It will take a military combat mindset to fight this guy with lots of FOCUS.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
before its over, the cops will have shot more people than Donner.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 16 of 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 257_X_50, afisher, alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 837 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.