Are we taking t shirt orders yet?

There's more than a few bucks to be made selling t shirts. wink

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'd say that this turd is what the domestic drone policy is made for.

Bet you enjoy cavity searches too. Nuttin to hide officer

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
A quote in this morning's paper said it all!

"Once someone targets a police officer and takes the life of a police officer, they are considered the most dangerous of all the dangers. "Because he has no regard for the life of a police officer means he has no regard for anyone else's life."

Phil

To me that statment means that the LAPD think that a LAPD life is more important than a civilian life.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
They protect and serve themselves first if that is what LAPD said. They carry guns to protect themselves not us. We are on our own. Also, how are they ever going to contorl mad as hell tax payers if revolt comes when thry can't even find one guy?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you watched the press conference today, the chief pretty much laid it out that "it" was a war between Dorner and the policemen protecting THEIR families, and he sure would appreciate it if WE would help THEM.

Also, he was quick to point out how grateful he was to HIS union for making a donation to the reward fund.

Pretty sure he said MY union.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
"Because he has no regard for the life of a police officer means he has no regard for anyone else's life."

That certainly doesn't follow.

Especially in the jurisdiction of departments like the LAPD, it seems quite possible (although not necessarily true in the case under consideration) that someone's disregard for the life of a police officer actually springs from the high regard he has for the lives of the people that police officer threatens, terrorizes, tortures, and/or kills.

But even if we're talking about a hypothetical utopian completely non-corrupt police department, it seems to be to be a huge and unsupportable philosophical leap from "I hate everybody" to "therefore I will kill only cops."

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yep, instead of any longer filling the role of public servants, they are now involved in a vendetta or personal war under the mere color of law.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If you watched the press conference today, the chief pretty much laid it out that "it" was a war between Dorner and the policemen protecting THEIR families, and he sure would appreciate it if WE would help THEM.

Also, he was quick to point out how grateful he was to HIS union for making a donation to the reward fund.

Pretty sure he said MY union.
Wow. And here I thought that the line was supposed to be us and them between law abiding citizens and criminals with the cops just being a subgroup of law abiding citizens...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
hard to see where anyone can defend that he's not a psycho

exactly....... Him just mentioning Christie and Hillary were the only ones that were fit to be president proved it without the shadow of doubt......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I wonder what happens to vigilante patrols that shoot up innocent 'big black guys' if the LAPD can do it? $1 million will bring out some patrols from wannabe bounty hunters or the like. Bet the MSM handles those stories a little different too. I for one hope he is covered in snow and blood with a self inflicted gun shot wound. Sun will be out, that snow will melt soon.

Sean
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope there is a transcript of the PC as I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong. But.. since my hearing is really bad, I keep closed captioning on all time. I get two shots at understanding what's being said, that way.

My first impression when he started was ;"That's a poor choice of wording."

Then... as he progressed in his pitch I got the idea that he was saying exactly what he meant.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he kills himself, he will try to make his body hard to find.I don't know if there is a shelf life on this manhunt, but he would want it to go on as long as possible after his death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who put up the million?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
Who put up the million?
I asked the same question. I don't know but it's sounding like from what is posted on here that a union did. That would be a Public Sector Union. I don't know if it's the regular police union or one specific to supervisors/chiefs, etc. Anyway, it sounds like a Public Sector Union put the money up.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If he was stationary on that mountain, dead or alive the dogs would have found him! If not off the mountain he's made it far enough away to have eluded capture. Should he make it back into the city, my guess is he will find those who will take him in, hide him, and even go so far as to finance him... this mess has the possibility of really turning into something of the likes LA hasn't seen in a very long time if ever!

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Probably the departments insurance company.... They actually are the ones that Will be most monitarilly affected......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PAMac
Probably the departments insurance company.... They actually are the ones that Will be most monitarilly affected......
It well could be, I have no idea. But from what was posted here the Chief or whomever was talking thanked "his union", hence my confusion about whether there were multiple unions involved or it was just the police union. Either way it would be a Public Sector Union putting up money for the reward and not an insurance company, unless the two are comingled. So if an insurance company, why would he thank "his union"? I'm just going by what was posted.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry for the confusion.I'll try to clarify it a little.

First, the mayor announced the reward. He said it was very easy to raise the money from many different sources.He MIGHT have mentioned corporations and individuals, but not by name, just those terms.

Then, when the chief took the mike to update the manhunt reporting, HE gave a shout out to HIS union, and another LEO union in Ca.He used the word "substantial" in describing both those donations.

Then he went into his spiel about all the policemen's families being in danger, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 700LH
Who put up the million?
I asked the same question. I don't know but it's sounding like from what is posted on here that a union did. That would be a Public Sector Union. I don't know if it's the regular police union or one specific to supervisors/chiefs, etc. Anyway, it sounds like a Public Sector Union put the money up.

This bit from ABC says businesses, government, local law enforcement leaders, and individual donors.
Link won't work. ABC report on Yahoo.

Last edited by calikooknic; 02/10/13.

Sean
Page 33 of 41 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 48 invisible), 3,432 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,576
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.