Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 41 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Someone, perhaps me, posted that a couple of years ago. Pretty disgusting, but how much do you want to bet Campfire cops like ltppowell are fully in approval of the handling of that situation by the responding officers? He'd likely give the man who floored the kid a medal were he empowered to do so, as would most of those of his ilk here at the Fire.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok Piers...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
All that tells me is you have no rebuttal to my argument, has nothing to do with being able to take a joke or not. wink
Calling somebody names just because you don't agree with their opinion isn't an argument and can't be rebutted without further name calling which is something that a gentleman doesn't engage in. Part of being a gentleman is being grown up. Think about it.

Your making assumptions about me............I never claimed to be a gentleman. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Ok Piers...
You must have run out of ideas. That was lame. Desperate wouldn't be far off the mark.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's the only one that I've seen that spitefully dishonest in their rhetoric before. Well, then again, I could have called you Laguna...

Speaking of desperate, you don't have to sink that low to make your point.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
All that tells me is you have no rebuttal to my argument, has nothing to do with being able to take a joke or not. wink
laugh What argument?? All you did was state that I'm paranoid. That's not an argument. That's a cop out.

Your right, it wasn't an argument because you never denied being unstable and paranoid. So I guess that means that I was right about you.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He's the only one that I've seen that spitefully dishonest in their rhetoric before. Well, then again, I could have called you Laguna...

I believe what I said is true.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
laugh What argument?? All you did was state that I'm paranoid. That's not an argument. That's a cop out.

Your right, it wasn't an argument because you never denied being unstable and paranoid. So I guess that means that I was right about you.
You've yet to deny that you're a steaming pile of dog crap, so I guess that's true too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You've yet to deny that you're a steaming pile of dog crap, so I guess that's true too.

You really are dumber than I thought..............who called me a steaming pile of dog crap? Show me that post please.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, then I guess you don't know Pat or "his ilk" as well as you think you do.

Don't look now, your ignorance is showing... shocked

The reference to Piers still fits...

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You really are dumber than I thought..............who called me a steaming pile of dog crap? Show me that post please.
Let me correct that oversight: You're a steaming pile of dog crap. wink

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When you guys are done...

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Well, then I guess you don't know Pat or "his ilk" as well as you think you do.

Don't look now, your ignorance is showing... shocked

The reference to Piers still fits...
He has revealed the sort of man he is from day one here at the Fire, as have you.

PS That's some fancy ass-kissing you're doing there. I hope he returns the favor.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has revealed the sort of man he is from day one here at the Fire, as have you.

Now that's a profound statement! You do realize that that is true of every poster on the Campfire, right?

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

PS That's some fancy ass-kissing you're doing there. I hope he returns the favor.

Calling a spade a spade isn't ass kissing. Appealing to his ego directly would be, but I'm not doing that now, am I?

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
When you guys are done...

[Linked Image]

That belt is SO mine! grin

Turdlike, by default.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Someone, perhaps me, posted that a couple of years ago. Pretty disgusting, but how much do you want to bet Campfire cops like ltppowell are fully in approval of the handling of that situation by the responding officers? He'd likely give the man who floored the kid a medal were he empowered to do so, as would most of those of his ilk here at the Fire.

I have a hard time understanding why you go out of your way to be so personal. I have never read a post from Pat that would make me think he would condone behavior like the video portrays.

I did something that I rarely do when you post these clips. I watched the interaction between the complainant and the police in question.

It is obvious that the decision to smack the complainant in the video was a bad one. I find it interesting that the officer who actually struck the complainant,(who identified himself as a United States Soldier) told him after he leveled him, that he had been talking to a US Marine. NOT a Vallejo Police Officer.

Why do you think that is? The man was obviously standing in front of him wearing the uniform of a Vallejo Police Officer. The complainant kicked off the interaction with a gripe about response time. At that point one of the PD units said something to the effect of "We don't work on your timetable."

The problem is, when the complainant goes into the spiel about being a US Soldier, the PD unit lets it get personal. He is a Marine. He won't take lip from a Soldier.

Here is where things go astray. How much better would it have been to say "We are very sorry for the delay, we were backed up on several calls, and got over here as quickly as we could."?

EVEN IF IT WAS AN OUTRIGHT LIE.

Well, he didn't. He told the truth. "We don't work on your timetable."

It caused the already irate complainant to elevate in his level of agitation. Which in turn causes him to receive the pimp hand. It wasn't right, and as a matter of fact, it was stupid. I'm sure the police officer lost days over it. Maybe more. He should have.

The long and short of it is that knowing how to talk to people is a dying art.

Anyway, there was no need to point a personal accusation at Pat for this.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Now that's a profound statement! You do realize that that is true of every poster on the Campfire, right?
Naturally.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Calling a spade a spade isn't ass kissing. Appealing to his ego directly would be, but I'm not doing that now, am I?

Yes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes.

Ok Piers... crazy

Turdlike, by default.
Page 37 of 41 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (30incher, 1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 16 invisible), 1,047 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.