Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 41 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
He has revealed the sort of man he is from day one here at the Fire, as have you.

Now that's a profound statement! You do realize that that is true of every poster on the Campfire, right?
Naturally.

So, what would you say your personal attacks say about you?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Someone, perhaps me, posted that a couple of years ago. Pretty disgusting, but how much do you want to bet Campfire cops like ltppowell are fully in approval of the handling of that situation by the responding officers? He'd likely give the man who floored the kid a medal were he empowered to do so, as would most of those of his ilk here at the Fire.
If you would assume that about Pat then your a poor judge of character. But then again you haven't met him, if you'd have taken him up on his invite to Mardi Gras I'm sure you would have come away with the same respect for him that those of us who have met him share.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone, perhaps me, posted that a couple of years ago. Pretty disgusting, but how much do you want to bet Campfire cops like ltppowell are fully in approval of the handling of that situation by the responding officers? He'd likely give the man who floored the kid a medal were he empowered to do so, as would most of those of his ilk here at the Fire.

TRH,

I don't know how many posts you read, or how many you remember, but ltpowell is probably one of the most reasonable people that post on here. He may be a friggin' nut-job in real-life, I don't know the man, never met him. What he posts here is usually pretty low-key and well thought out. The same can not be said for many of the people you get into pissing matches with, or often you, for that matter.

You may be thinking of some other officer, or someone with a similar avatar (does anyone have a similar avatar?). If you recall a few weeks ago, Bart got into a pissing match with Stan, thinking you were him, based on similar avatars.

What ltPowell brings to the discussion, in my experience, is possible things that could have happened on the scene, before something became a youtube video, or internet meme.

He's worth listening to, if you want to understand what might be happening in the world.

If you've already decided, carry-on!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd take it a step farther and say that I can't think of ANY cop on the Campfire that would do what TRH accuses them of in this instance...

I'd like to see any post by any Campfire cop that would give credence to such a character assassination attempt...

This is TRH projectionism at it's finest...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He has revealed the sort of man he is from day one here at the Fire, as have you.

Now that's a profound statement! You do realize that that is true of every poster on the Campfire, right?
Naturally.

So, what would you say your personal attacks say about you?
I'm respectful even of those with whom I strongly disagree. I will even patiently absorb insult after insult from them, without responding in kind, because I know little can be accomplished going down that path. But after a certain course along those lines I feel that I've more than earned an opportunity to speak my mind openly, without concern for their sensibilities.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He may be a friggin' nut-job in real-life
============

Is "friggin nut job" a compliment for hunting buddies?

If so, yeah...Pat's a friggin nut job in real life. He's responsible for a few of my laugh lines.

It's easy to understand Hawk's jealousy of Pat.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'd take it a step farther and say that I can't think of ANY cop on the Campfire that would do what TRH accuses them of in this instance...

I'd like to see any post by any Campfire cop that would give credence to such a character assassination attempt...

Character assassination??? grin That's hilarious! Particularly coming from you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm respectful even of those with whom I strongly disagree. I will even patiently absorb insult after insult from them, without responding in kind, because I know little can be accomplished going down that path. But after a certain course along those line I feel that I've more than earned an opportunity to speak my mind openly, without concern for their sensibilities.

That would make you "his ilk" then...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Character assassination??? grin That's hilarious!

I can see how somebody of your character would find such things hilarious...

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Character assassination??? grin That's hilarious!

I can see how somebody of your character would find such things hilarious...
Oh, but I do.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

PS That's some fancy ass-kissing you're doing there. I hope he returns the favor.

Calling a spade a spade isn't ass kissing. Appealing to his ego directly would be, but I'm not doing that now, am I?

Are you claiming you was thisaway BEFORE he made Captain? grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No surprise here, Piers.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

PS That's some fancy ass-kissing you're doing there. I hope he returns the favor.

Calling a spade a spade isn't ass kissing. Appealing to his ego directly would be, but I'm not doing that now, am I?

Are you claiming you was thisaway BEFORE he made Captain? grin

Nah, evidence shows that went straight to his head! laugh

....and his gut! Pat seems to be eating well with that nice pay raise! laugh

He's got nuthin' for me now! grin

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm respectful even of those with whom I strongly disagree. I will even patiently absorb insult after insult from them, without responding in kind, because I know little can be accomplished going down that path. But after a certain course along those lines I feel that I've more than earned an opportunity to speak my mind openly, without concern for their sensibilities.

I'm pretty sure you continuously offend the same group due to having put thought into your opinions. Should you decide you really want to fit in with the full time posters, they shouldn�t be too hard to predict.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Any updates on the Dorner case?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm pretty sure you continuously offend the same group due to having put thought into your opinions.
grin Exactly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
TRH is a creepy shadow figure that, for whatever reason, enjoys attempting to aggravate others.
I guess creepy is in the eye of the beholder, and whether or not you find yourself aggravated by the things I say probably has something to do with the fact that you represent a viewpoint to which I'm outspokenly opposed.

No worries. You don't aggravate me at all, and couldn't on your best day. "Attempting" wasn't used by accident. My point is that even trying is a really weird thing to do. I do appreciate your aptitude and don't consider you just a stupid MF like a bunch those who follow your lead. Is it just a challenge for you to try to fluster the guys who deal with confict day in and out? Whatever...it would seem that you would eventually grow tired of sounding like a broken record.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm pretty sure you continuously offend the same group due to having put thought into your opinions.
grin Exactly.

TRH doesn't offend us. He's funny, and we know something is wrong with him. He would be missed. You, on the other hand, are just offensive. No matter the subject.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you haven't noticed. His statement was offensive due to his ignorance. He doesn't know Pat or any of the cops on the campfire, yet he declares their actions as fact. That's thoughtless to the core, much like your post.

Should you decide you really want to fit in with the full time posters, they shouldn�t be too hard to predict.

Uh, TRH is the 4th highest "full time poster" on the Campfire....

Seriously, you guys make this too easy...

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell

No worries. You don't aggravate me at all, and couldn't on your best day. "Attempting" wasn't used by accident. My point is that even trying is a really weird thing to do. I do appreciate your aptitude and don't consider you just a stupid MF like a bunch those who follow your lead. Is it just a challenge for you to try to fluster the guys who deal with confict day in and out? Whatever...it would seem that you would eventually grow tired of sounding like a broken record.
I've gone to great lengths from day one here to explain the purpose behind my posts. If you actually believe, after so long a time reading them, that my purpose is to upset those with whom I disagree, you're not very bright. If the shoe fits ...

Page 38 of 41 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 817 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.