Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Summer for me is working 7-12s and making money. Winter slows down and the gun projects begin to pile up.

Nothin' wrong with winter. Pussies.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
GB1

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member

Posted by DeerWhacker444:

"I HATE Summer like most folks hate Winter...Fall and Winter can't get here soon enough.

I don't like the heat, matter of fact I hate the heat. If it never got above 60 degrees, that would be okay with me.

I also enjoy what others call "dreary" weather. Cloudy, rainy, foggy,..I prefer that over the Baking Summer sun...

Just the way I'm wired."

I am just like Deerwhacker when it comes to summer. I absolutely hate it. Some get depressed during the winter...give me a few days in the 90's and I am nearly impossible to get along with. HATE THE HEAT!!! I just turned 61 recently and still thoroughly enjoy each winter day.

Give me a day in the teens or twenties with a mild breeze of 10-15 mph, snow flakes in the air and about 6-8" of snow on the ground, shotgun in hand, following my GSP looking for pheasants and I am in heaven. A cooler day with more wind will find me in the goose pit or duck blind. Any time it is in the 40's or 50's that is a good day for fishing, either open water on the river or ice fishing local ponds and lakes. On the really cold winter days, I usually am loading ammo, cleaning guns or workingn on my fishing gear.

Someone once asked my why I like what others call the cold, miserable winter weather. I replied I guess that saying I like that kind of weather can really piss off some people grin

Good things about winter:
NO grass to mow
NO bugs
The ol' wood stove going with a pot of stew or chili simming on top.
Most hunting seasons still open
NO sweat in my eyes.
A lot less people everywhere, especially at my favorite fishing holes.
Lots of birds to watch on the birdfeeders on the few days that I am in the house.
A great time to get caught up on projects in the shop, on the few days that I am not hunting or fishing.
Fur is good on the coyotes and they repsond to the calls well...especially on those cold, near zero, calm mornings.

Good things about summer:
Fall is on the way
Winter is on the way

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Daylight saving time change falls on March 10th this year. That's only three weeks away from today. Less than two weeks after that is the first day of Spring.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2
Daylight saving time change falls on March 10th this year. That's only three weeks away from today. Less than two weeks after that is the first day of Spring.

Good news!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mid south carolina is about as opressive as it gets. You might want to think a little higher.

You know what area has a nice climate is upper Alabama, near Guntersville Lake. It's at the base of the mountains and while I was there it never got over 91. Nice enough in the mornings to fish for a couple of hours.

Virginia has a pretty nice climate but it's a costly state to live in.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
At least it's starting to warm up, only -21 this am

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We just get sick of it quicker than you do, We also enjoy summer more because we know whats comming.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the older i get, the more i can see why older people move south. i am sick and friggen tired of PA winters. i am considering looking for a condo to buy in SW Florida to use in the winter months when (if) i retire. haven't put much thought into it but would like to buy something i could rent out when i wasn't there.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bunch of old 80-90 year olds still alive, you guys need to chill out and quit complaining...

Joke now, just kidding.....grin

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/17/13.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just shoveled us out for the third time in two weeks. I spent 2 - 8 hour days and 2 - 5 hour days moving snow. I am thoroughly sick of winter myself. I know the family gets the blues too so I try to cook more interesting things. I do a lot of baking. Blueberry muffins, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip cookies... Sweet desserts. It seems to help a little bit.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Luvin winter after December and January. More sunlight and less cold. Sunny every day and great downhill and xc skiing

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And some late season quail huns and chukar

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ribka; 02/17/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Mid south carolina is about as opressive as it gets. You might want to think a little higher.

You know what area has a nice climate is upper Alabama, near Guntersville Lake. It's at the base of the mountains and while I was there it never got over 91. Nice enough in the mornings to fish for a couple of hours.

Virginia has a pretty nice climate but it's a costly state to live in.

I was thinkin Muscle Shoals wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yes. or Lake Lanier and environs. the Lake is up. grin

but, ya better bring your pocketbook. that close to the ATL you can expect some stiff competition for a lakefront house.

north ga. in the summer and down along the coast in the winter makes for a wonderful combination as the old bones refuse to age oh so gracefully.

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dog Mushing, snow shoeing, watching the Aurora Borealis, reading books, watching dog races, winter photography etc.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think Bristoe is just funnin' with you all. He's using the "cold winter" to justify bringing his pet possum into the house! laugh laugh

He doesn't want it's bare old tail to freeze off.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Over the years, I've been into electric trains (mostly Lionel) during the winter months. Set up a layout before Christmas, mess with it until about March or April and then tear it down. Create a new one for next year. But some guys just keep building their own empire, you could make it summer year round there.

To steal a sig line from a guy on one of the train forums "Trains are a WINTER sport" (IIRC he was a surfer or sailboarder in the summer)

Dale

This space for rent

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Moved back to TN after living in South Florida for 30 yrs and I can handle the cold weather hell of a lot easier than the burning heat in South,FL.

I stepped out of my truck to squirrel hunt at 6:00am & 19 degrees this morning...felt great!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Winter in Wisconsin is no problem once you get used to it!!

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by NathanL
[Linked Image]

Nice!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I think Bristoe is just funnin' with you all. He's using the "cold winter" to justify bringing his pet possum into the house! laugh laugh

He doesn't want it's bare old tail to freeze off.

I thought he ate that friggen thing already.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.