Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
these are national treasures, set aside by teddy for the public. We don't need park rangers/cleaners/gate people. sure its nice to have maintained camps/roads but the park is about 'nature'. so open the damn gates and let people come and go at will, just like all the non popular national forests.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just close the visitor centers and the entrance shacks and go home. Leave the gates open - it's our park - we will take care of ourselves.

Just close the Admin Building and the Registrars Office and go home. Leave the Library open - it's our College - we will take care of ourselves. Sounds like a college administrator to me! grin Sycamore

Your post could indicate that you might know something about the essence of true education, and maybe the philosophy some of us follow and apply as teachers. If that is the case, I'll take your wisecrack as a grinning compliment.
If, on the other hand, you are taking ad ad hominem swipe, just confirm that and I will do my best to educate you about how that works. grin

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just close the visitor centers and the entrance shacks and go home. Leave the gates open - it's our park - we will take care of ourselves.

Who will pick up all the beer cans?

Many among us never drop cans anywhere, so you can take care of your own. AAMOF, I live within a National Forest frequented by quite a few hunters and, sadly, find myself picking up their dropped cans too frequently. I like what this fellow says:

mossbergman: these are national treasures, set aside by teddy for the public. We don't need park rangers/cleaners/gate people. sure its nice to have maintained camps/roads but the park is about 'nature'. so open the damn gates and let people come and go at will, just like all the non popular national forests.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Outside the Boundary Waters; I pick up beer cans.

Inside the Boundary Waters; I find no beer cans to pick up.

I hate all the BWCC regulations enforcement and crowd control permits, but without it�chaos.

I too have picked up more than my share of other people�s trash. Last month we were rolling up old barbwire on some new state park land.

In the National Forests I roam in, the worst offenders are the locals dumping their household stuff on the back roads. My truck ain�t big enough for all that trash.

About a zillion better places in the government to save gazillions of dollars.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
- - - In the National Forests I roam in, the worst offenders are the locals dumping their household stuff on the back roads. My truck ain�t big enough for all that trash. About a zillion better places in the government to save gazillions of dollars.
I sure agree with you about the "zillion better places - - to save gazillions".

My OP was a response to the Fed "threat" to close something that they think will cause visible hurt to citizens. I like the cleanliness rules enforcement - it's my forest to enjoy without clutter. I dislike the political manipulation.

BTW, it's interesting here where the county has significant trash disposal challenges - so far we see ZERO local dumping in our part of the forest. And, I have not seen such problems elswehere in the Gila - except for what is done by a few visiting hunters at campsites.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
This is an eye-opener:

What We Do
National Park Service by the Numbers*

$48,000,000,000 incentivized in private historic preservation investment
11,700,000,000 visitors
$5,409,252,508 in preservation and outdoor recreation grants awarded
$2,750,000,000 annual budget
121,603,193 objects in museum collections
97,417,260 volunteer hours
84,000,000 acres of land
4,502,644 acres of oceans, lakes, reservoirs
2,482,104 volunteers
218,000 jobs supported in gateway communities
85,049 miles of perennial rivers and streams
68,561 archeological sites
43,162 miles of shoreline
28,000 employees
27,000 historic structures
2,461 national historic landmarks
582 national natural landmarks
400 endangered species
398 national parks
49 national heritage areas
1 mission: The National Park Service cares for special places saved by the American people so that all may experience our heritage.

*numbers are cumulative through the end of FY 2008

http://www.nps.gov/aboutus/index.htm

Lots more crazy stuff at the link above, this link below is more fun stuff:

http://www.nature.nps.gov/climatechange/

That's just a small percentage of the foreign aid money that "we" are giving to Egypt...not counting the Sixteen F-16s and 200 Abrams tanks.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,492
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.