Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Been a while with work, business and family since I've been a regular on the 'fire, so if this is a much discussed topic, my apologies.

I just got a decent deal on an Oracle .308, and now I see a bunch of SMOKIN' deals on a lot of others. Unfortunately a phenomenal investment opportunity solely due to legislation.

I'd much rather buy a bunch and lose my shirt at current prices due to legislators GETTING ON BOARD WITH THE CONSTITUTION and the prices resuming normalcy... but sadly, I just don't see that happening.

So my question is in the subject line. I could reasonably purchase about 7 this minute. I'm just a fearin' the possible ramifications of our duly appointed legislative officials labeling me whatever term of the day it requires to imprison me. So if anyone is in the know on the subject, I've heard not more than 1 per day, but I also worry about that number.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
doesn't matter really, if they want em in the end, they'll track down the 4473s and follow the trail.... 1 or 10....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTW I would not buy more than one at these prices and thats only if you didn't have one before.

At least IMHO buying more than one right now is not a smart investment.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"how many without red flags?"

I don't thnk it really matters.
If some g man shows up to do anything more than congratulate you, report how proud he is of you and the patriotism and support of 2A you and he share, then you know he's not on America's side.

Enemies expose themselves.
And usually with very little prompting.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
rost495, honestly I've never even liked AR's. I'm a bolt action guy from the start. But these are pre-crap-hit-the-fan prices and the investment is sound in any situation, ie, I could at least get my money back as they would be considered "normal" prices even if the market returned to sanity.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't know how your state does NICS checks, but if it is like Ohio, the dealer calls it in directly to the FBI.
The only question asked about the item being purchased is "long gun or handgun?" No make, model, or serial number is given.
I don't believe there is a limit to how many long guns you can buy in a given period, but more than one handgun in a 5 day period raises flags.
Even with long guns, I would be leery that a lot of purchases in a short period may trigger some kind of alert.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buy private and stock up . They can't track them all down.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
They dont know it will be an AR. A friend of mine went full retard and joined the panic buying morons. After the first two he has been put on delayed status for all purchases after. No big deal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With long guns,it's not the number you buy,I've bought 6 long guns in a day (Mauser/Winchesters)however,it's what you are doing with them?
If thought of "flipping" them comes to mind,then selling for profit will cause an Alert somewhere,sometime. ATF just got a guy in my town selling AK's out of this trunk and he's gone for 5 years..they were also trying to tie him with some smuggling charges,but I guess they didn't connect on that one and took the five in the big house...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Unless things have changed lately.No mention of how many rifles you are buying.Just a check to see if you can buy one.
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
Been a while with work, business and family since I've been a regular on the 'fire, so if this is a much discussed topic, my apologies.

I just got a decent deal on an Oracle .308, and now I see a bunch of SMOKIN' deals on a lot of others. Unfortunately a phenomenal investment opportunity solely due to legislation.

I'd much rather buy a bunch and lose my shirt at current prices due to legislators GETTING ON BOARD WITH THE CONSTITUTION and the prices resuming normalcy... but sadly, I just don't see that happening.

So my question is in the subject line. I could reasonably purchase about 7 this minute. I'm just a fearin' the possible ramifications of our duly appointed legislative officials labeling me whatever term of the day it requires to imprison me. So if anyone is in the know on the subject, I've heard not more than 1 per day, but I also worry about that number.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If you buy more than one per week, the dealer has to do a more extensive bit of paperwork, and you go in a database.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
every gun you buy with a 4473 involved puts you in someone's data base.
I don't think there is much chance of the ATF knocking on your door though. At least, not yet.

Sam......

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you buy more than one on the same day, and called in on the same 4473, does the dealer tell them it is a multiple purchase?
I don't remember any mention of quantity on a long gun call-in.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rifle
If thought of "flipping" them comes to mind,then selling for profit will cause an Alert somewhere,sometime. ATF just got a guy in my town selling AK's out of this trunk and he's gone for 5 years...

For violation of what law? Flipping homes doesn't make you a realtor. ;-)

I guess it goes back to the question about what is the magic number that makes you a "dealer"?

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With long guns,it's not the number you buy,I've bought 6 long guns in a day (Mauser/Winchesters)however,it's what you are doing with them?
If thought of "flipping" them comes to mind,then selling for profit will cause an Alert somewhere,sometime. ATF just got a guy in my town selling AK's out of this trunk and he's gone for 5 years..they were also trying to tie him with some smuggling charges,but I guess they didn't connect on that one and took the five in the big house...

And this is what we're supposed to call "law enforcement".

New legalities do not supersede or supplant standing laws. Only in the convoluted system of legalities where too big for their britches commie/[bleep]/junkies rule are such fictions imagined as reality.

Throughout history legalities come and go like tides taking with them tyrants who grew themselves up and were exterminated for their efforts.

We live in a world of would-be tyrants.

That fellow must have broke one of their "laws".

These people are looters, crooks of the highest order.
They are usurpers who've abandoned their identity and their true authority to play a minor role in the belly of a beast.
They stand in absolute defiance of everything worht having in life, everything worth living for.

They think themselves gods among men. And those of us they imagine their lessors, fodder for their entertainment, mere animals to be ruled over.

Death is too good for them...
but it's a necessary stop along their journey...
strait to hell.

It's time for a repost of this little illustration.

Character Analysis

Dr. Ferris is a member, along with Wesley and James, of what we like to call the trio of evil. While James embodies evil business and Wesley evil politics, Ferris is here to represent evil science. Among the three of them, we get a good idea of the looters' ideology, the types of people in power, and the impact they have on national life.

In terms of influence, Ferris might the most powerful of the three. He's also one of the most outspokenly cynical of the looters. He often cuts through all the ideological rhetoric and gets to the heart of the matter: he has great contempt for people and is basically in it for power. Oddly enough, one of his most revealing scenes occurs not with his fellow looters but with his nemesis Hank Rearden:

"We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them...you create a nation of lawbreakers � and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden."

This is probably the best statement of the looters' government system in the entire novel. Ferris comes right out and says exactly what the looters are doing and what they hope to achieve: power. What's interesting is Ferris's tone here. He speaks to Hank in this scene as if Hank is a total idiot who is hopelessly behind the times. Ferris actually relishes this type of criminal system and doesn't understand why a "smart" man like Hank won't get with the program.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In Arkansas if you sell more than a certain number of cars in a year, you are a dealer and have to have dealer tags. I don't remember the number but it seems to me it was pretty low. I can't remember much about it but when it passed I thought WTH. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by conrad101st
If thought of "flipping" them comes to mind,then selling for profit will cause an Alert somewhere,sometime. ATF just got a guy in my town selling AK's out of this trunk and he's gone for 5 years...

I guess it goes back to the question about what is the magic number that makes you a "dealer"?
They charged him with selling without a license,he reportedly picked up 13-14 AK's in about 10 days time at one shop at one time.He had bought them from a distributor and had several dealers doing transfers for him.I think the total was well over 30,spread out over a couple of dealers in NC and SC.They really think he was shipping out of the country

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by conrad101st

Nobody's business but mine.

I remember my uncle getting a visit from some state of Nebraska JBT wanna-be's when I was a little kid. They pulled up in their sedan to inform him, a young man in high school, that if he rebuilt and sold one more car he'd have to purchase an authentic dealer's license (license = permission) from the state.

I asked "did ya tell 'em to fugg off?"

He laughed and said "I just won't be doing any more of their "required" paperwork."

And that was the end of that.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Okay, a follow up question, then; can I purchase these guns in the name of my business? (my company is in, ironically, real estate, so I don't purchase too many homes in my name and be labelled a "broker") These are definitely being purchased solely for the investment purposes much like I would invest in gold.

Can a company own guns?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

ps

My parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and everyone else agreed.

And like I say, that was the end of that.
He fixed up and resold a BUNCH of cars!

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, akpls, AKislander, Akhutr, 450yukon, 12 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,535
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.