Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 68injunhed
Originally Posted by elkchsr
I bought a pair of 10x42 Vortex Diamondback binoculars new in October. I have used them less than 10 days and was pretty happy with them until yesterday. I was wolf hunting and noticed something inside the binoculars was rattling. I called Vortex's warranty department this morning. The said they would repair them but getting a new pair was not an option even though these have barely been used. That's fine, no more Vortex junk for me.

So Vortex said send them in, and they would repair them, and you're not happy with that? Why on earth would they give you a new pair before seeing if they could repair the ones you have?

Interesting that other companies, that would do the exact same thing, are great, but Vortex sucks for it.

I'm not a Vortex fanboy by any stretch, but people have to be reasonable.

Amen!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

So Vortex said send them in, and they would repair them, and you're not happy with that? Why on earth would they give you a new pair before seeing if they could repair the ones you have?

Interesting that other companies, that would do the exact same thing, are great, but Vortex sucks for it.

I'm not a Vortex fanboy by any stretch, but people have to be reasonable.

The biggest problem I have with them repairing the things is that I had hardly used them. I used them elk hunting 1 day, 1 day for deer and 7 days wolf hunting. When I wasn't using them they were in the case sitting on a bookshelf. Granted they are not the top of the line binoculars, but they should last longer than that. If stuff is rattling around inside them after less than 10 trips, what would they be like after a year or two? The dealer that I bought them from must have agreed with me because he gave me my money back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone is capable of shipping out a bad pair, but to each his own. I'm glad your dealer made it right by you.

The open-box Minox I bought from Cameraland had a nasty case of fish-eye out of the box, but Minox made it more than right when I sent it in. New scope, and even let me trade out for the German reticule.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would just like some idea about where I can get a 4x zoom scope with VX-3 level glass, exposed turret with crisp adjustments, side parallax, zero stop, 30mm one piece tube, scratch resistant lens coating, 75 MOA of elevation, 24 MOA of elevation in each rotation, under 20oz, and a no questions asked lifetime warranty for $514.

Anyone?

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
confused confused whistle whistle wink smile

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I would just like some idea about where I can get a 4x zoom scope with VX-3 level glass, exposed turret with crisp adjustments, side parallax, zero stop, 30mm one piece tube, scratch resistant lens coating, 75 MOA of elevation, 24 MOA of elevation in each rotation, under 20oz, and a no questions asked lifetime warranty for $514.

Anyone?

You cant. At that price point, it has the most features and assumably the best warranty protection than any other scope on the market.
Problem is, at $514, the glass suffers. You cant have it all in that price bracket and I think you know that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Both John Barsness and I, who both actually own one, feel the glass is at VX-3 level. And that level is pretty darn good.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You got me. I do not own the HS but have mounted and shot rifles with them. Probably have 150 rounds logged with multiple 4-16 HS. I have owned 2 PST, both the 4-16 and the 6-24, and both were marginal in the glass dept and both sent down the road.

Not keyboard quarterbacking here, just sharing my experience.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've been shooting a Viper HS LR 4-16x50 for pdogs the last year and it is DEFINATELY not VX3 quality glass. In fact my other pdog gun wears a VX3 and I shoot them back to back often. The only negative about the scope is I wish the glass was a bit better. It's not bad by any means but not on par with the VX3 to my eyes.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I like Vortex on a case by case basis...some are OK, some are quite good, and others just flat suck.

I would rate the PST and HS glass at VX3 level easily.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My viper wasn't up to par with my vx3. It went down the road.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My PST on 6x is brighter and clearer than my FX3 6x42, which is brighter and clearer than my VX3 2.5-8.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
My PST on 6x is brighter and clearer than my FX3 6x42,

OMG emericus is going to have a melt down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glass quality certainly seems to be subjective.

I put the most stock in my own experiences but JB's opinion carries considerable weight as well.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Glass quality certainly seems to be subjective.

I put the most stock in my own experiences but JB's opinion carries considerable weight as well.

it certainly is, my subjective opinion is I have looked through a number of Vortex's and none of them looked near the quality of a VX3, or a VX2 for that matter but that is just my opinion.

Doveryai no Proveryai

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would imagine blind testing would yield some interesting results in some of these comparisons.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I would imagine blind testing would yield some interesting results in some of these comparisons.

it would have to be double blind...... Because I never know what they mean when they say its a double blind test.

Doveryai no Proveryai

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

wink wink whistle

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I like the Vortex SPARC I have. It is probably the best of the budget red dots. Also have a pair of Vortex Fury 6.5X binoculars that are good binoculars.

I bought one of the 2-7X32 scopes that Cameraland had for $200 about a year ago and tried one of the Diamondback 3-9X40's. The glass was clear enough, but both scopes went down the road. There is a lot more to a scope than the glass. The eye relief was way too short for my taste and I couldn't get past the looking through a cardboard tube view.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
T
Sorry, but I don't get why you want someone to convince you. You say you've checked them out, if you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy. - Tom Waits
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,960
Posts18,480,484
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.