Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Kid shoulda taken the suspension and went out shooting on his time off.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That teacher needs to be suspended w/o pay.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is your dimocrat party remember this

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This country is nuts

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but a dumbass rap star can wear a uniform? WTF?

Last edited by 16bore; 02/26/13. Reason: typed like a rapper.....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
any body have the address of this school? i know a whole bunch of guys who have been in the letter writing mood as of late about they way we, the military get screwed by the people we fight for. could pry round up a few other shirts with way better images to piss of these damn liberals. Oh the possibilities.........

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What authority did the teacher have to suspend the student if he was not in violation of any school policy? Student suspension decisions generally are the principal's business and he admitted that no policy was violated. My kid would be wearing that shirt every day and the teacher and I would be having a bit of a discussion.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i recommend everyone who is upset by this check out redshirtfridays.org. Great cause and really great to see this when you out in town for myself and alot of other fellows.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Poor teacher got her vagina twisted, then slapped,. Let's get the address of this school and slap some more.

Arcus Venator
IC B3

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Genoa-Kingston Middle School
941 W. Main St.
Genoa, IL 60135-1098

Arcus Venator
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm glad I'm not a student. "Blow me" might not get me a degree.

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like the kid should go out and get five or six more, new uniform.

Sean
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Just another stupid (insert word which begins with "c" and ends with "t").

Don't ask me how I really feel...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as the t-shirt shows two queer marines kissing each other under the watchful eye of a gunnery sergeant, all is well! The corps is dead and gone!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by http://www.gkschools.org/
Parents/Students
In response to the T-Shirt worn February 25, 2012:
Genoa-Kingston School District wishes to apologize to anyone offended, specifically anyone who has served or has family that has served in the armed forces.
Had building or district administration had the opportunity to address this matter we believe this would have been effectively taken care of by administration. Since we were not given that courtesy we would now like to make a statement that relates to the United States Marines T-shirt worn to school (Genoa-Kingston Middle School) yesterday.

Genoa-Kingston Middle School is well known in the community for their support of our military. The students and staff regularly write letters of support to the troops, and hold patriotic ceremonies for Veteran�s Day and Patriot�s Day. We very much support the armed forces and were disheartened to learn of this matter through the media. The administration and school handbook agree that this shirt is not a violation of the dress code. We also take school safety very earnestly and it needs to be recognized that is a topic that we also take very seriously and support our students and staff in providing a safe environment to learn, teach and work in on a daily basis. We thank everyone for their continued support of our school and our school district.

They apparently have the date wrong, but I would guess one of their staff will be eating some black-feathered fowl for awhile.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That principal or superintendent could make the point that the teacher was way out of line by ordering her to wear that shirt for a week.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds to me like the superintendent handled it fine. I don't know the true intent of the teacher. Nor do I care. It was one day, no real damage done, and the decision was reversed by a supervisor as soon as he was made aware of it. As a Marine, I'm not crying over this.

And before you flip out, you might remember the incident in Morgan Hill, Ca where kids were told they couldn't wear American Flag t-shirts. My son was one of them. That was a whole different situation and we responded with an intensity they could not have imagined before hand.

This case is about the depiction of weapons on a shirt. The fact that it was a Marine shirt should have been taken into consideration. It's a grey area in the least.

If the teacher admitted that the reason was something to do with the Marine Corps, I'd be up in arms too. Bit so far, all we know is that it was supposedly an interpretation of the depiction of weapons on clothing rule.

And the threat of suspension was most likely the teacher that the supposed violation could lead to that, not an assertion that the authority lies in her hands.

In today's political climate, I understand getting upset by this. But let's be rational.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
maybe a collection to send the young man a box full of military T Shirts...

This was 8 years or so ago, but we had some woman complain to the Camp Director, that several of the boys in our Troop were wearing military T Shirts, which this older woman thought was inappropriate at a Cub Scout Summer Camp...

our pack had multiple parents who were military veterans...

Tow day later, her grandson's dad shows up..( her son) he struts around camp with a Che Guevara T Shirt on!

I went to Camp Director, and pointed out how inappropriate that was.... Camp Director didn't have a clue what was wrong with it, as he had no idea who Che Guevara was... and this lady was telling him, that he was a great patriot for his country, and had saved millions of down trodden poor people, and gave them a better life...

one of the 14 yr old Boy Scouts on staff over heard her telling the Camp Director all of this BS... when she left, he pointed out that Che Guevara was a communist, from Agentina, but was part of the Cuban Revolution with Castro...

that he was killed in Bolivia in 1967 trying to spread communism..

this enlightened the Camp Director, and he told the dad to turn it inside out or leave camp....

the Dad got all pissed off at me, and came to our camp and wanted to start a fight over it.. he left, but declined my offer to meet him up by the highway and square this away if a problem existed...

for the local So Oregon guys, this clown and his mom were from Ashland... big surprise isn't it?

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pira114
Sounds to me like the superintendent handled it fine. I don't know the true intent of the teacher. Nor do I care. It was one day, no real damage done, and the decision was reversed by a supervisor as soon as he was made aware of it.

This. No need for knee jerk reactions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,669 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,000
Posts18,481,224
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.