Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I have not watched the video, but from my years in Corrections I know that hundreds of blows are usually a sign the officers lack the skills to subdue suspects.

I guess, two big ol gorillas like that couldn't get the cuffs on that guy unless he helped them?

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I have not watched the video, but from my years in Corrections I know that hundreds of blows are usually a sign the officers lack the skills to subdue suspects.
Exactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
those cops are clearly incompetent.
just imagine what would have happened to them if the suspect had any weapon at all.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stupid [bleep] was drugged out of his gourd! to be able to take that level of pain and for a taser not to work on him he was on some mighty fine stuff.

He got exactly what he deserved.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fluffy
just imagine what would have happened to them if the suspect had any weapon at all.

They would have had to shoot him....problem solved.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I've dealt with worse than that guy, with less backup, completely unarmed, choke holds and strikes prohibited, and never any broken bones. That cop bludgeoned that guy because he could, not because he needed to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was an azz whopping right there. I'da given up long before that grin
I suggest those troopers get some ground game training. And better mic clips.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No sympathy for the druggie here, but seems like completely ineffective handling of him, by the officers.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Maybe you should read the article which accompanies the video. Mr, Tatum is a federal inmate (on release), who refused to take the drug test because he admitted to being "high on cocaine". He is reported to have been armed with a knife. He asked to visit a relative, but had a hidden motive of confronting (read stabbing) another inmate. When he was unable to get his way, he began trying to kick in the door.

As to the issue of the officers being "incompetent" , I would guess that you have never had to wrestle one of these wiry little suckers. When a subject is in excited delirium, they do not become exhausted or feel pain, at all. Sober police officers do. Oh, he will certainly feel the pain and regret his actions tomorrow when he wakes up with a hangover, but he is not feeling it during this action.

Of course if you were a high school wrestler 20 years ago, you could have taken this guy in 10 seconds. I do have to wonder how many of the teenage boys you wrestled were high on cocaine and reported to be armed with a knife? I also wonder where that darned referee went, I don't see him in the video at all. Shouldn't the referee have stopped the fight when the suspecxt starts kicking and biting? The average high school wrestler also gets about 10 to 20 times as much training as the average cop. Training is time consuming and expensive, as is typically designed solely to produce a piece of paper (certificate) that protects the Chief from criticism and liability.

In the real world, when the fighting starts, someone is getting hurt. It would be great if this was not neccessary, but that is a fantasy. I have been to at least a hundred of these fracass in the last 30 some years, as a participant and as a supervisor. I can tell you that nobody who has done it much really wants to do it again, because once the fighting starts, someone is going to get hurt. They are chaotic and unpredictable, and you just never know when someone else is going to jump in on your back and start trying to pull your gun out and kill you. I'll bet you a quarter that never happened tp you in high school.

I will note that there should have been a supervisor on the scene. I found that it does help to have someone organize things, take control. I the middle of the mess, your mind can sort of go blank so that you are reacting rather than thinking and planning. A respected supervisor telling people what to do can make a real difference.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I've dealt with worse than that guy, with less backup, completely unarmed, choke holds and strikes prohibited, and never any broken bones. That cop bludgeoned that guy because he could, not because he needed to.

The cop "bludgeoned" the guy because he didn't comply and was a danger to everyone else there.

When your drugged up like that you have a very high pain level and are super human in strength.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

armchair hindsight is 20-20, but its pretty clear from the get-go that the bigger cop who wrapped up on him first just flat out screwed it up in the first 7 seconds. choke hold, on top, on the ground, with partner then joining. C'mon.

after that, its a mess, the big juice heads got tired, and the inmate was clearly defiant. Wrestling around on the ground at that point? Eff that. biting, sweaet, blood, hands close, weapon... hell no.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"The individual will take the cuffs, failure to comply IS NOT AN OPTION!"

I'm not defending this guy but when someone gets you in a choke hold your instincts kick in and you're going to fight to breath. If someone is hitting you (for whatever reason) your natural instinct is to protect yourself with your arms and hands, not put them behind your back.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They all got what they deserved!

A good beating for being stupid, and fired for being stupid plus incompetant.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by victoro
"The individual will take the cuffs, failure to comply IS NOT AN OPTION!"

I'm not defending this guy but when someone gets you in a choke hold your instincts kick in and you're going to fight to breath. If someone is hitting you (for whatever reason) your natural instinct is to protect yourself with your arms and hands, not put them behind your back.

They know that. Compliance isn't the goal. The goal is to deliver pain and injury, and to use their authority as an excuse for same. Otherwise, how explain that I and other psychiatric attendants subdued folks like this routinely without breaking bones, choking them out, or Tasering them? I never once got bit, either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

White trash at work.

Those guards are sadistic maniacs.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Clearly excessive force. Questions on whether he deserved it or not should not come into the conversation. I expect those in authority position to be the good guys.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I may need to be straightened out on this, and I mean no disrespect to any member specifically, but I personally don't view cops as the good guys. Flame suit on.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I may need to be straightened out on this, and I mean no disrespect to any member specifically, but I personally don't view cops as the good guys. Flame suit on.
They are, first and foremost, agents of the state. Once you properly understand the nature of the state being that of a criminal organization writ large and bent on fleecing the majority for the criminal benefit of an insider elite, then you understand the nature of its agents also. That doesn't mean each individual agent is evil or necessarily criminal in intention, either. Many are merely deluded as to the core nature of the agency they serve. I'm certain many Mafia capos and "soldiers" are convinced that, when all is said and done, they're serving a just cause, too.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I was wondering what town has that many bald fat white guys.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It takes a real low life to make you feel for the crackhead, these jackass' were able to pull that off.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,613 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.