Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
funny

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My folks always just shut the door on them and made their point that way. I really tried to be a little more polite one time when they came to the door, but Mom's radar kicked in from the kitchen, and she came pretty much on a run for the door. She darned near slammed the door on the couple's noses. I was told that since I had given them "the time of day" they would be back, and sure enough we received several more visits within the next few weeks. My redneck dad, who was not one to be trifled with had enough. The next time they came there was 4 of them. He saw them coming from the road and met them in the front yard, and quietly but very firmly told them they were not welcome, and to quit coming. The 1911 on his hip seemed to be very persuasive......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It appears to me that showing the best side of Christianity is a better alternative than rude and lewd contempt. I would rather have a flock of them in my neighborhood than several other types. I can always politely dismiss them kindly and in short order with no ill will.

TRH- I know plenty of people who would say that showing them a Catholic Bible is the pot calling the kettle black. My family is Catholic but no longer I. That is not a knock from me as I love many Catholics and am glad they adhere and find a spiritual relationship in their chosen method.

Last time two young, clean cut, polite Jehovah witness came over I wished them well and gave them cold water to take along. They asked if they could help me with chores before they left. I find that more rewarding than a fake turkey shlong in some kids face.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't get the need for rude behavior to people that honestly feel they have a good message. I was home recovering from surgery when they came to my door. I invited them in, they said they would stay outside. This seems to be their standard, that is to stay outside, so I question the comments about getting them into the house.

That aside, they were very pleasant and seemed genuine in their faith, I just am not to be converted to their faith. I would not say they were bad or poorly representing their church and I don't see the need for such rudeness toward them.

Muslems on my doorstep, now that is a case for extreme rudeness, maybe even the discharge of a firearm or two...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My folks always just shut the door on them and made their point that way. I really tried to be a little more polite one time when they came to the door, but Mom's radar kicked in from the kitchen, and she came pretty much on a run for the door. She darned near slammed the door on the couple's noses. I was told that since I had given them "the time of day" they would be back, and sure enough we received several more visits within the next few weeks. My redneck dad, who was not one to be trifled with had enough. The next time they came there was 4 of them. He saw them coming from the road and met them in the front yard, and quietly but very firmly told them they were not welcome, and to quit coming. The 1911 on his hip seemed to be very persuasive......

I can't stop laughing...

What is the big [bleep] deal? A sidearm? Seriously?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Varying opinions here, but to me coming to my door unannounced and uninvited and trying to sell me an unsolicited ideaology is rude. Rudeness of that sort, I assure you, begets rudeness....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Agree.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I don't get the need for rude behavior to people that honestly feel they have a good message. I was home recovering from surgery when they came to my door. I invited them in, they said they would stay outside. This seems to be their standard, that is to stay outside, so I question the comments about getting them into the house.

That aside, they were very pleasant and seemed genuine in their faith, I just am not to be converted to their faith. I would not say they were bad or poorly representing their church and I don't see the need for such rudeness toward them.

Muslems on my doorstep, now that is a case for extreme rudeness, maybe even the discharge of a firearm or two...

I've always invited them inside and they always tell me to GFM.

Two females came to my house about two years ago which I thought was odd. They were promoting some sort of super duper Jehovah Witness concert in Billings. I tried getting one of their phone numbers but the cuter of the two just rolled her eyes and pulled the other one by the jacket.

Apparently I need to alter my game when dealing with JW's.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Agree. It's a good chance to tell them the truth.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe
Varying opinions here, but to me coming to my door unannounced and uninvited and trying to sell me an unsolicited ideaology is rude. Rudeness of that sort, I assure you, begets rudeness....

Well yeah, I guess you could look at it that way. But I've never flashed firearms at the Schwans man either.

My penis, sure. But not a sidearm.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by eyeball

I just like talking. To anybody. A lot.

Travis

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Or lesbos. ;(Travis - This was in response to you method of dealing with JWs) grin

Last edited by eyeball; 03/04/13.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My folks always just shut the door on them and made their point that way. I really tried to be a little more polite one time when they came to the door, but Mom's radar kicked in from the kitchen, and she came pretty much on a run for the door. She darned near slammed the door on the couple's noses. I was told that since I had given them "the time of day" they would be back, and sure enough we received several more visits within the next few weeks.
I think they are instructed to stay away from homes where the Bible is actually studied and the errors of the JWs are going to be revealed to them. Turn the tables on them, in other words, and they will be instructed to leave your house alone under pain of sin.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Or lesbos. ;(Travis - This was in response to you method of dealing with JWs) grin

I operate under the assumption that any woman that doesn't love me is a lesbian.

But I thought maybe JW couldn't be lesbians so I am a little confused by it all.

Travis

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave

I just like talking. To anybody. A lot. ESPECIALLY WIMMENS

Travis
I fixed it ,Travis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Well yeah, I guess you could look at it that way. But I've never flashed firearms at the Schwans man either.

My penis, sure. But not a sidearm.

Travis

Dat works on JWs....Im guessing....

Never flashed a firearm at the Schwanns man or a JW....but there was this one census taker this one time..... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Release the hounds!!!!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
My aunt in her early 80's had a pair come to her door. She politely told them if their religion were any good they wouldn't have to peddle it door to door...They never bothered her again.

smile

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Release the hounds!!!!

This face being the first they see when I open the door usually lets me open the conversation as well.... grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rommel needs a sterner expression. That one would make me lose a hand as I'd want to love on the fella.... laugh

My wife has recently fallen in love with Mals... Especially the $85k one's.... eek

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,666
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.