Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NoDak
My aunt in her early 80's had a pair come to her door. She politely told them if their religion were any good they wouldn't have to peddle it door to door...They never bothered her again.

smile

I know an old boy that got rid of them with, "the US postal service would save a lot of money if they'd let you azzholes deliver the mail."
(slam door)

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When she would have her friends over to my brother house , he would stay down stairs , watching TV, Drinking Beer and Smoking a Joint. She would never let any of them go down to the TV room in the basement when he was home .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Used to deal w/them some if I wasn't busy, gradually getting their "more knowing" reps. Finally got tired of the game and put
2 signs up on the path to my main house. Top one: NO SOLICITING
Under it: If you can't read and understand, or despise rightful
authority, you have nothing of value to say about The Bible, anyway." Haven't seen them, since.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
When she would have her friends over to my brother house , he would stay down stairs , watching TV, Drinking Beer and Smoking a Joint. She would never let any of them go down to the TV room in the basement when he was home .

Had a pile of those stupid [bleep] show up here ONE time about 9 years ago, IIRC they handed me a small paper that said "watchtower" on it.

I took the paper over to the fence and fed it to my donkey, turned to them and ask, 'any questions'?

Havent seen hide nor hair since.

Gunner

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
2 true stories of when I was a kid,
#1 when they came to the door,I greeted them with"WOW!Jehova Fittness, watch this"
and I proceeded to do 3 jumping jacks and a couple of squat thrusts,they just backed of the porch,,
#2 my brother answered the door after just having gotten out of the shower(wet hair,towel over his shoulder,seeing that he couldn't get away,I grabbed a towel wrapped around my waist and put my arm around his chest from behind and said,"come on babe Lets get back in the shower"
Their expressions both times were priceless,,,

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my youth I had a couple of large parrots.

One was a Moluccan Cockatoo - actually quite friendly, once she got to know you. Otherwise, if she met a stranger, she'd spread the wings and hiss.

One day the doorbell rang and I thought it was my girlfriend. It was a JW. I had the bird on my shoulder. The JW never said anything, he just turned and ran. I guess the hawk-sized bird on my shoulder, spreading its wings and hissing, must have rather un-nerved him.

Lots of trouble to keep, but large parrots are occasionally useful. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunner500

Had a pile of those stupid [bleep] show up here ONE time about 9 years ago, IIRC they handed me a small paper that said "watchtower" on it.

I took the paper over to the fence and fed it to my donkey, turned to them and ask, 'any questions'?

Gunner

Any change in the donkey?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rong
2 true stories of when I was a kid,
#1 when they came to the door,I greeted them with"WOW!Jehova Fittness, watch this"
and I proceeded to do 3 jumping jacks and a couple of squat thrusts,they just backed of the porch,,
#2 my brother answered the door after just having gotten out of the shower(wet hair,towel over his shoulder,seeing that he couldn't get away,I grabbed a towel wrapped around my waist and put my arm around his chest from behind and said,"come on babe Lets get back in the shower"
Their expressions both times were priceless,,,

That's some funny schit.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Gunner

Travis

It speaks in tongues.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Gunner

Travis

nothing like a Jackass with stomach full of Religion

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

nothing like a Jackass with stomach full of Religion

Too [bleep]' funny. And true.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had two women show up with their pamphlets, listened to them for a bit and then turned the conversation to other things. They would come by every couple of weeks, no problem usually just talk about the weather or such for 5 mins or so.

One day showed the two showed along with a couple of guys, a day I was loading out for a weekend shoot, several rifle cases, a handgun case and "hey, would you hand me those two ammo boxes?", was the very last I ever saw of those folks.

Never saw any reason to be less then cordial, now a door to door salesman ended up getting his tail literally kicked off my property, but that was in response to his not being respectful.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They use to work me weekly. I had tried to be polite, but given their persistence, they caught me in the wrong mood. That day I asked them to wait a moment. I returned with paper and pencil. I told them they had caught me at a bad time, but if they'd just give me their name and address, I'd stop by their house when I felt like it and we could talk about a topic of my choosing. They went into immediate conference. Result was they didn't think they should do that, but I was welcome at their church. I told them I didn't find it very Christian to expect something of someone you were not willing to do yourself. Never heard from them again.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
At the doctors office, someone used to leave Watchtower magazines. I'd pull out my pen and write "www.silentlambs.org" on the cover. That site is about sexual predators who go door to door. You see, the JW's will not report rapists in their organization.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I did the same as Richard Austin." Give me your address and I'll stop by sometime, probably right after the bar closes." They declined.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (21, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 29 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,492,998
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.