Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Originally Posted by TheDude
Please do not encourage these idiots. If you sell them a gun, they will think they have accomplished something....

I almost went to one of these but work interfered, I and a Gunshow buddy were going to walk the line of folks and see if there was anything we were interested in, if there was we would have offered more than the Gungrabbers. Still want to try it but they hardly ever have them here, that one was about 12? years ago.

I don't really know, but think a lot of the folks giving guns up are Widows with some gun their significant other left behind and they have no one to pass it along to and may be scared of/not comfortable with guns... We would probably all cringe beyond belief if We had any idea how many Pre-64 Model 70's, Colt Woodsman's, Take your pick of rare/beautiful classic guns, some probably in pristine condition that are cut up by these idiots. So if anyone does go to one of these let us know what you see... on second thought DON'T!

jerry.

Now we are talking.... cool
I will go to the bank first and get some $, then while I'm waiting offer any other sellers with pre-64 M70 $200.

I would be very careful of purchasing a gun from someone in the line. I believe that it is only a matter of time that a sting involving stolen property could transpire. Just my thoughts. John

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Have this very old 38 Iver Johnson 5 shot POS. Several times over the
years I was going to throw it out but never did. Well the local do-gooder
people are having a gun buy back. I'm thinking of selling it to them.

Any comments ?

I have two words.

[bleep] those gun buy-back [bleep].

Travis

What Travis said.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well. the local do-gooder people are having a gun buy back. I'm thinking of selling it to them.

If some fools want to pay me good money for JUNK ... I'd take it and not tell anybody here about it -
Or that I was even thinking about doing it. cool

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JJHACK
I would sooner throw it away then to be part of that political disaster.

+1.....

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How can the left wing do-gooders "buy back" something they never owned??

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Well. the local do-gooder people are having a gun buy back. I'm thinking of selling it to them.

If some fools want to pay me good money for JUNK ... I'd take it and not tell anybody here about it -
Or that I was even thinking about doing it. cool

I've thought about this a lot. Mostly because I happen to own a piece of junk that is unsafe and not worth fixing. I would have some fun with this, if they were ever to do it in my vicinity (not likely). I would permanently disable the thing (easily done), take lots of video of me doing so, video my intent (to sell the .gov idiots a piece of worthless junk - taking advantage of their usual "no questions asked" - the questions I'm avoiding being "does it work?" or "is it worth anything?"), document the process just enough to prove that I actually did it and they were actually stupid enough to let me....and then go public with it (along with my opinion of the whole matter).

If my part in it's all legal - why not?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I heard Michael Savage say more than once, "Liberalism is a mental disorder". At first I thought he was being funny, later I realized he was at least mostly serious. After joining Facebook, I've come to the realization that a LOT the people I went to school and church with 30 years ago, have gotten so open-minded that apparently their brains have fallen out. Frankly, I was devasted and depressed after this last presidential election that there are that many blind people out there that can't see what's happening to our country.

So, my conclusion should you do this, is that the liberals would avoid looking at the video because of their irrational fear of guns, would be incapable of grasping the concept that a gun could be made inoperable, and would somehow feel that they were "safer" because a gun was "taken off the street".

Meanwhile, gun owners, like on here, would be upset that you were "dealing with the devil". So I don't think it would do much good. You never know.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Have this very old 38 Iver Johnson 5 shot POS. Several times over the
years I was going to throw it out but never did. Well the local do-gooder
people are having a gun buy back. I'm thinking of selling it to them.

Any comments ?

Keep it, load it and stick it under a stack of towels in a bathroom, ye caint ever git caught with yer britches down, [bleep] the buy back antis. mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Was Ethan Edwards the name John Wayne used in..... confused.. I'll need google to look it up.

One of the best westerns made... The Searchers.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bhemry

I heard Michael Savage say more than once, "Liberalism is a mental disorder". At first I thought he was being funny, later I realized he was at least mostly serious. After joining Facebook, I've come to the realization that a LOT the people I went to school and church with 30 years ago, have gotten so open-minded that apparently their brains have fallen out. Frankly, I was devasted and depressed after this last presidential election that there are that many blind people out there that can't see what's happening to our country.

So, my conclusion should you do this, is that the liberals would avoid looking at the video because of their irrational fear of guns, would be incapable of grasping the concept that a gun could be made inoperable, and would somehow feel that they were "safer" because a gun was "taken off the street".

Meanwhile, gun owners, like on here, would be upset that you were "dealing with the devil". So I don't think it would do much good. You never know.

Your mistake is in assuming that everyone is either anti-gun liberal, or pro-gun. Setting aside the liberal/conservative issue, this simply ain't true. There are a lot of folks who are simply not paying attention, but who can be taught with a little effort. Those are the people who I can reach, and I think pointing out how anti-gun stupidity works (and as you put it, how incapable the anti-gun believers are) is a right and proper thing to do.

If I can deplete their funding of the disposal of crime-guns by diluting the take with a simple-but-crime-free piece of junk - I think that is a very good thing to do. You may call that "dealing with the devil" - but if that's what it is, I call it dealing with him as I see fit.

eta: ...and I frankly don't give two hoots about what other pro-gun people might think of me doing it. It's not going to change anything about the issue, and I can deal with the heat.

Last edited by FreeMe; 03/10/13.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you sell your gun at a buy back program because you think there are too many guns on the street, you might as well have yourself castrated because you think the neighbor has too many kids.

I heard that somewhere...sounds bout right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonerider
If you sell your gun at a buy back program because you think there are too many guns on the street, you might as well have yourself castrated because you think the neighbor has too many kids.

I heard that somewhere...sounds bout right.

And I would agree with that. So would everybody else here - including the OP. Just saying it doesn't teach anybody anything, 'cause those who wouldn't already agree and those who would are too dumb to understand.

But there are other reasons to make such a sale. Mine, at least, is honorable (regardless of what has been said about it). There are less-than-honorable reasons to do it - such as disposing of a "crime-gun", with no questions asked. Which is why I think we should make a mockery of the whole deal.

Someone said "don't encourage the idiots". I say the idiots don't need encouragement. They will do these so-called "buy-backs" without any encouragement. So instead, I propose we actively participate in such a way that exposes their stupidity to those who would learn by it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Aggreed. No intention of disparraging anyone, Just something I heard and agree with. And you are so right about the idiots.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Agreed. No intention of dispairaging anyone, Just something I heard and agree with. And you are so right about the idiots.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
FreeMe,

Hope it works well for you.

My experience with many of the middle-of-the-road types (A.K.A. "low information voter") is that when you present the obvious, indesputable truth to them, they acknowledge that the information is correct, but continue to either vote against what they just told you they believe, or not vote at all. I find it exasperating.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bhemry
FreeMe,

Hope it works well for you.

My experience with many of the middle-of-the-road types (A.K.A. "low information voter") is that when you present the obvious, indesputable truth to them, they acknowledge that the information is correct, but continue to either vote against what they just told you they believe, or not vote at all. I find it exasperating.

If I ever get the chance. wink

I suppose there is always that. But nothing ventured, nothing gained. I just don't believe that every LIV is locked into their default....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 13 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.