Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gbp
I fail to see where she works has any bearing
Most people here know, or should know Proof Reas.

I didn't know I should know about Proof. But isn't that the company that bought Lone Wolf stocks?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by GeoW
RIP Greg Rodriquez.

Many at the fire lost my respect a long time ago. A Hell of a lot more lost it today.

I lost all respect for the people defending a fella going to another man's house to sip whine with his old lady late at night while he's away.

I'm sure there's more to the story, but it didn't happen at the mans home...it happened at her mothers house which is in a different town... It may have been innocent enough, but IMHO a married man has absolutely no [bleep] business meeting a married woman at her mothers house (who happens to be out of town) that late at night...he may have been a stand up guy, but in my experience, even stand up guys have lapses in stand up behavior...especially late at night, drinking alcohol, alone, with a member of the opposite sex...BTDT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When it became obvious to all here that I'm the most na�ve person in the world

Maybe not. I am right there with you. I have learned that a lot of people on here do not trust their wives. crazy miles

Last edited by milespatton; 03/09/13. Reason: spelling

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Allow me to inject little insight into the shooting and hunting industry.
It is made up of numerous dedicated and passionate people, a lot like us here on the campfire, only there are a lot more women, most of whom are equally competent and qualified as the males. Often more so.
At the shows it is not at all unusual to find unrelated men and women sittiing off together late at night having a beer or wine and deep in discussion about hunting or firearms.
The fact that some men here have a problem with members of the opposite sex being alone together is more illuminating about their inner thoughts and intentions than it is about this case.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by milespatton
When it became obvious to all here that I'm the most na�ve person in the world

Maybe not. I am right there with you. I have learned that a lot of people on here do not trust their wives. crazy miles

Nor themselves.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
being fully trusting and being naive/stupid to a situation can be a very fine line

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Propriety means different things to different people. You'll get all sides to weigh in. My wife wouldn't shoot me if the roles were reversed, but she'd sure as hell divorce me if she found out I was keeping another man's wife company over a glass of wine in another town at 10:30.

I'd bet that many of the guys here who are immediately excusing Mr. Rodriguez his actions, would be pretty pissed off at their wives if they found out about a similar meeting between their spouse and another married man under similar circumstances, of which they were not apprised of in advance.

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 03/09/13.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think all here need to step back and until honest details ( and not speculation) emerge, keep an open mind. The firearms industry is a small industry and contacts between members are regular and often take place in out of the way places. I wired for an international transportation equipment 30 years ago and I"d met people at 10 PM in out of the way places.

I don't know what transpired here, but GR' memory and his family deserve their privacy. Even if something wrong was taking place, it is no one's business other then those involved.

GR was a good writer and that's what I'll remember.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I can take a female out hunting all day coming back well after dark... my wife may come along or let us go alone and stay in camp with other guys there.

Guess we are naive.

Kent

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bill Clinton was a good orator too. Of course Ms. Lewinski was a good 'oralaator.'

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by krp
I can take a female out hunting all day coming back well after dark... my wife may come along or let us go alone and stay in camp with other guys there.

Guess we are naive.

Kent

But, your wife knows about it and the other guys in camp. Big difference and if you don't see it...well. Like I said, reversed roles.

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 03/09/13.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
And you don't know what the husband knew, possibly she told him about the business meeting and he imagined something else... i.e. rushed in blazing.

Kent

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The projection in this thread is palpable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God bless him and the child left behind. Hopefully the mother uses better judgement in the future.

Saints or not, those in the industry are human. Many many naive folks on this board, thats for sure.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I apologize for injecting speculation even in support of innocence...

Kent

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
God Bless Greg's wife and kids!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by krp
I apologize for injecting speculation even in support of innocence...

Kent

Rushing headlong to judgement is part and parcel of the Freakshow forum. It is highly contagious. Raincoat your keyboard.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It would be relevant to know the distance between mom's house and the marital home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458Win
At the shows it is not at all unusual to find unrelated men and women sittiing off together late at night having a beer or wine and deep in discussion about hunting or firearms.
The fact that some men here have a problem with members of the opposite sex being alone together is more illuminating about their inner thoughts and intentions than it is about this case.

Any man who would let himself be in a situation where he's drinking late at night with a married woman without the husbands knowledge is a complete idiot and if you think it's fine, you're a tool.

It's no secret what we men think about when we're alone with an attractive woman. Throw in a private setting and it's pretty obvious where your mind will wonder. If you think you're somehow different than every other red blooded man in the world, you were either neutered long ago or you're one of those fellas who swears you've never pulled your little willy when no one was around.

Damn if some people aren't full of schitt.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 14 invisible), 1,027 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.