Home
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...46735de-c05b-51f2-a784-26c59fc4e09b.html
"Rodriguez died from multiple gunshot wounds to the torso, arm, shoulder and right leg, the police chief said."

eek
Here is where the woman Greg was visiting works. Pretty interesting product here.

http://proofresearch.com/heres-proof/
Posted By: gbp Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I fail to see where she works has any bearing
Most people here know, or should know Proof Reas.
Originally Posted by gbp

Pretty offensive, huh? Life is tough for some people, I guess.
Posted By: isaac Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I'm guessing it means she's likely not a employee of Mr. Rodriguez, as some have asserted, right?
I understand that she is employed by Proof Research.

A West Glacier man killed a well-known Texas hunting expert Thursday night in Whitefish in an apparent crime of passion before assaulting his wife and later killing himself, according to the Whitefish Police Department.

Greg G. Rodriguez, 43, of Sugar Land, Texas, was visiting Lindsey Bengtson at her mother�s home on River Lakes Parkway in Whitefish when her husband, Wayne Bengtson, 41, showed up.

�Mr. Rodriguez was up here on business, apparently, from what we have found out, and had stopped to talk with [Bengtson�s wife] for the evening and have a glass of wine,� Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said during a press conference Friday.

Dial said Bengtson showed up while the pair were in the kitchen, cursed at them and immediately fired four shots from a .44-caliber revolver from three feet away.

The shots hit Rodriguez in the torso, arm, shoulder and right leg, killing him almost instantly. The shooting occurred around 10:30 p.m.

Bengtson then assaulted his wife, hitting her with the pistol at least once, leaving her with a concussion, a black eye, swollen lips, and several contusions. She was treated at North Valley Hospital and released that night.

After the assault, Bengtson took their 2-year-old son, who had been asleep in a downstairs bedroom, and fled the home. He dropped the child off, unharmed, at a relative�s home in Columbia Heights before driving to his own home in West Glacier.

Flathead County deputies found Bengtson�s truck in the driveway of his West Glacier home off U.S. 2 behind Glacier Raft Co., and the SWAT team was deployed. The team was unable to contact Bengtson and eventually entered his home at about 4 a.m. They found him in his bedroom, dead of a single self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

According to Dial, Bengtson�s wife said they had argued recently but not seriously, and there had been no indication that he would do anything like what he did Thursday.

Dial said it is also believed that the relationship between Bengtson�s wife and Rodriguez, who had met each other at a trade show, was purely professional, and the reason for the visit was to talk about a business-related project. Lindsey Bengtson works for a local firearms manufacturer.

�Perhaps the husband thought maybe it was more than that,� Dial said.

Dial said there was no indication Bengtson was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crime.

Law enforcement officers later located the child taken from the house.

�We called Child Protective Services and they have intervened to make sure that the mother and the child are adequately cared for and are reunited appropriately,� Dial said.

The woman�s mother was out of town at the time of the incident.

Rodriguez was known as an outfitter, hunting consultant, award-winning outdoor writer and marksmanship consultant.

He had connections with the Flathead Valley firearms industry and previously had worked with Proof Research.

Rodriguez was the founder and chief executive officer of Global Adventure Outfitters. According to the organization�s website, Rodriguez had hunted in 21 countries on six continents � including 55 African safaris � and taken 140 species of animals.

He hosted �A Rifleman�s Journal� on The Sportsman Channel, which premiered on June 30, 2012, and was the recipient of a 2012 Sportsman�s Choice Award for best educational/instructional show. The second season was scheduled to start in July of this year.

�A Rifleman�s Journal� tracks Rodriguez�s hunting travels to exotic locations, according to a Sportsman Channel description.

Rodriguez also was a shooting editor at Shooting Times Magazine and a contributing editor at Petersen�s Hunting, Guns & Ammo, and Dangerous Game.

His writing has been published internationally as well. Rodriguez had served as president of Safari Club International Houston and as vice president of the Houston Safari Club.

He lived in Texas with his wife, Lisa, and two children, Chloe, 14, and Cole, 12.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Thanks for posting that update...hopefully some of the speculators will read it and STFU....
Posted By: eh76 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by ingwe
Thanks for posting that update...hopefully some of the speculators will read it and STFU....

would be nice wouldn't it...gotta love the internet crime experts on here ....
Posted By: rrroae Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13

How dare we speculate on a story!

At the Campfire no less.

lolol
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
From the other thread:
Originally Posted by carbonman
The woman in question works for me. Greg worked with me. The 2 together were working on my business. Those that are slandering the 2 can shut the [bleep] up.
What total garbage I see here. You should be ashamed!

This should end it but it won't
Nope. I could start a thread on the Hunters Campfire giving away free gold bars and within four pages it would turn into a pizzing match somehow.

Oh, well...the other good thing about the relative anonymity of the innanet is that it makes it easier to call these people azzhats....
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Linsey Bengstson works for Proof Research in the sales dept. so it is quite possible she and GregR got together for some industry gossip. Too bad it ended up as industry gossip.

[Linked Image]
I hope someone can convince Mr. Bin to delete this thread, promptly. Families read and have feelings.
Nope. I could start a thread on the Hunters Campfire giving away free gold bars and within four pages it would turn into a pizzing match somehow.

Oh, well...the other good thing about the relative anonymity of the innanet is that it makes it easier to call these people azzhats....

That would be the point when you ran out of gold bars. wink

People are [bleep]...
This one AND the other two.....
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I really hate that this happened.In no way was the shooting justified.It would not have happened though if a married man hadn't been spending time alone with a married woman.All I'm saying is that it is never a good idea for a married man to be alone with a woman other than his wife if at all possible.

My heart goes out to the children and I will be praying for the whole family.
Posted By: krp Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Since this site is on Greg's computer, they (family) will read these threads along everything else he wrote here.

Kent

Agreed
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Just to add my personal experience with Greg for those that seem quick to jump to baseless conclusions.

Greg wrote an article about the 7mm Rem Mag in both Shooting Times and Hunting Illustrated. He included quite a bit on the Long Range use of the 7mm and mentioned me and the company I represented at the time. Really good exposure and many gun writers would have tried to parlay that exposure into lots of free product or ever just straight up monetary compensation.

Greg didn�t, simple as that.

Quit guessin on the situation guys. Greg was a stand up guy and this is a [bleep] situation.

Originally Posted by carbon12
Linsey Bengstson works for Proof Research in the sales dept. so it is quite possible she and GregR got together for some industry gossip. Too bad it ended up as industry gossip.

[Linked Image]

Exactly! That's they I would much rather think.

Terrible tragedy regardless.

Did you know her husband?
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Anyone who knows the shooting industry would hardly find this an abnormality.

If Greg was sitting at a kitchen table at 10 pm with a male employee/ Rep drinking nobody would think twice. The shooting industry is actually pretty heavily represented by females in the promotion or advertising and is more progressive than a lot of other industries.

Seriously guys at 10 pm if there was something going on then the pants would have hit the bedroom floor.

This husband/psycho was looking for an excuse.

Greg was a good guy and this is schit.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
RIP Greg Rodriquez.

Many at the fire lost my respect a long time ago. A Hell of a lot more lost it today.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by GeoW
RIP Greg Rodriquez.

Many at the fire lost my respect a long time ago. A Hell of a lot more lost it today.

Exactly. People here trash talking Greg should be ashamed of themselves.
Would this conversation sound different if the victim was a person unknown to members of this forum?

Bet it would.

How about waiting for hard facts?
Some of you sound like Clinton staffers after the Monica story broke.

But then this IS an Internet forum.
RIP Greg Rodriquez.

I lost all respect for the people defending a fella going to another man's house to sip whine with his old lady late at night while he's away.

Posted By: Tom264 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Too bad about the guys family...they are the real victims here.
And the 2 yr old as well.
Posted By: kcTbear Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I'm with rrroae, you'd have to be the most naive person in the world to be sitting on private property with a woman and a glass of wine at 10:30 at night without her husband's blessing or presence. Plenty of public places to be having a drink and discuss business.
Not that I approve of the actions of the maniacal husband, but a person just has to know their place if they're the visitor or even the host. Most people understand the sitaution they're in and what the variable of possibilities are due to their current surrounding.
I pray for the families, too tragic.
Originally Posted by kcTbear
� you'd have to be the most naive person in the world to be sitting on private property with a woman and a glass of wine at 10:30 at night without her husband's blessing or presence. �

So I've won a title after all!

Wunnaffle! Wunnaffle!

And recognized by one of the Omniscient to boot! My mug slops out!

Gotta wunna now whetha I'll be able to sleep tonight!
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
She's a dumbazz...
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by kcTbear
� you'd have to be the most naive person in the world to be sitting on private property with a woman and a glass of wine at 10:30 at night without her husband's blessing or presence. �

So I've won a title after all!

Wunnaffle! Wunnaffle!

And recognized by one of the Omniscient to boot! My mug slops out!

Gotta wunna now whetha I'll be able to sleep tonight!

When did this become about you?
When it became obvious to all here that I'm the most na�ve person in the world (by believing that there can be an innocent and normal, honorable reason for a man to be sitting on private property with a woman and a glass of wine at 10:30 at night without her husband's blessing or presence).
Sheesh! I think I better go "take care" of my wife and track down some of her acquaintances as well.

If the USFS dude had reason not to trust his wife before this, why did he wait until this point to take action? Stop pretending you trust if you don't. If you don't, she's very little else than an expensive whore to you. You can get the hell out. Maybe mercy will find this dude; he sure isn't deserving however.
Mr. Howell, it is about respect for the spouse and the relationship that a third party should feel out of comfort when not invited by the unity which is both parties in the marriage. Obviously there was either a conceived notion of infidelity or an ignorance to the business relationship that caused his unjust reaction. It wouldn't seem that a single instance would provoke a murder suicide without a seed that hadn't already began to sprout.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by MagMarc
From the other thread:
Originally Posted by carbonman
The woman in question works for me. Greg worked with me. The 2 together were working on my business. Those that are slandering the 2 can shut the [bleep] up.
What total garbage I see here. You should be ashamed!

This should end it but it won't
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Just a question--- would a phone call to the husband to let him know a business associate was stopping by been a good idea??
Posted By: eyeball Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
How about to ASK if it was ok?
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Just a question--- would a phone call to the husband to let him know a business associate was stopping by been a good idea??

Not if one were looking for some privacy at a location away from one's own home.
I wonder how far her mother's home is from her own home.

Here we go speculating again..........
Posted By: bluefish Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
isn't it funny - the poor bugger's not even cooled yet and all the men on here are gossiping like old ladies at the hair salon.

I'm sure it'll all come out one day but perhaps a little discretion ought to be shown. someone did lose their daddy and their husband for gosh sakes.
Posted By: deflave Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by gbp

I didn't know I should know about Proof. But isn't that the company that bought Lone Wolf stocks?

Travis
Posted By: Toolelk Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Yes
Originally Posted by rrroae
RIP Greg Rodriquez.

I lost all respect for the people defending a fella going to another man's house to sip whine with his old lady late at night while he's away.

I'm sure there's more to the story, but it didn't happen at the mans home...it happened at her mothers house which is in a different town... It may have been innocent enough, but IMHO a married man has absolutely no [bleep] business meeting a married woman at her mothers house (who happens to be out of town) that late at night...he may have been a stand up guy, but in my experience, even stand up guys have lapses in stand up behavior...especially late at night, drinking alcohol, alone, with a member of the opposite sex...BTDT
When it became obvious to all here that I'm the most na�ve person in the world

Maybe not. I am right there with you. I have learned that a lot of people on here do not trust their wives. crazy miles
Posted By: 458Win Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Allow me to inject little insight into the shooting and hunting industry.
It is made up of numerous dedicated and passionate people, a lot like us here on the campfire, only there are a lot more women, most of whom are equally competent and qualified as the males. Often more so.
At the shows it is not at all unusual to find unrelated men and women sittiing off together late at night having a beer or wine and deep in discussion about hunting or firearms.
The fact that some men here have a problem with members of the opposite sex being alone together is more illuminating about their inner thoughts and intentions than it is about this case.
Originally Posted by milespatton
When it became obvious to all here that I'm the most na�ve person in the world

Maybe not. I am right there with you. I have learned that a lot of people on here do not trust their wives. crazy miles

Nor themselves.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
being fully trusting and being naive/stupid to a situation can be a very fine line
Propriety means different things to different people. You'll get all sides to weigh in. My wife wouldn't shoot me if the roles were reversed, but she'd sure as hell divorce me if she found out I was keeping another man's wife company over a glass of wine in another town at 10:30.

I'd bet that many of the guys here who are immediately excusing Mr. Rodriguez his actions, would be pretty pissed off at their wives if they found out about a similar meeting between their spouse and another married man under similar circumstances, of which they were not apprised of in advance.

Posted By: djs Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I think all here need to step back and until honest details ( and not speculation) emerge, keep an open mind. The firearms industry is a small industry and contacts between members are regular and often take place in out of the way places. I wired for an international transportation equipment 30 years ago and I"d met people at 10 PM in out of the way places.

I don't know what transpired here, but GR' memory and his family deserve their privacy. Even if something wrong was taking place, it is no one's business other then those involved.

GR was a good writer and that's what I'll remember.
I can take a female out hunting all day coming back well after dark... my wife may come along or let us go alone and stay in camp with other guys there.

Guess we are naive.

Kent
Bill Clinton was a good orator too. Of course Ms. Lewinski was a good 'oralaator.'
Originally Posted by krp
I can take a female out hunting all day coming back well after dark... my wife may come along or let us go alone and stay in camp with other guys there.

Guess we are naive.

Kent

But, your wife knows about it and the other guys in camp. Big difference and if you don't see it...well. Like I said, reversed roles.
And you don't know what the husband knew, possibly she told him about the business meeting and he imagined something else... i.e. rushed in blazing.

Kent
The projection in this thread is palpable.
Posted By: pahick Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
God bless him and the child left behind. Hopefully the mother uses better judgement in the future.

Saints or not, those in the industry are human. Many many naive folks on this board, thats for sure.
I apologize for injecting speculation even in support of innocence...

Kent
Posted By: GSP814 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
God Bless Greg's wife and kids!
Originally Posted by krp
I apologize for injecting speculation even in support of innocence...

Kent

Rushing headlong to judgement is part and parcel of the Freakshow forum. It is highly contagious. Raincoat your keyboard.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
It would be relevant to know the distance between mom's house and the marital home.
Originally Posted by 458Win
At the shows it is not at all unusual to find unrelated men and women sittiing off together late at night having a beer or wine and deep in discussion about hunting or firearms.
The fact that some men here have a problem with members of the opposite sex being alone together is more illuminating about their inner thoughts and intentions than it is about this case.

Any man who would let himself be in a situation where he's drinking late at night with a married woman without the husbands knowledge is a complete idiot and if you think it's fine, you're a tool.

It's no secret what we men think about when we're alone with an attractive woman. Throw in a private setting and it's pretty obvious where your mind will wonder. If you think you're somehow different than every other red blooded man in the world, you were either neutered long ago or you're one of those fellas who swears you've never pulled your little willy when no one was around.

Damn if some people aren't full of schitt.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13

With all due respect Phil, It really doesn't matter at all what you or I think,

What matters most is what the dude walking in is thinking,

I myself was never really good at reading other people's minds.

Read your PMs.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by RDFinn
RIP Greg Rodriquez.

Exactly. People here trash talking Greg should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately we've been around here long enough to know lots and lots of members here have no shame, conscience, morals, decency, etc.
Posted By: PS1080 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
There are people in this world who love to wallow in other people's misery like a dog wallows in a fresh pile of cow schit. When they're done they will smile wag there tail and be proud of themselves totally oblivious to the fact that they are covered in schit and disgusting.

Almost twenty years ago one of the most wonderful people in my life was murdered by a jealous ex boyfriend. Then all the detectives and moral crusaders hung out at the coffee shop and beauty shop today they are on the internet allowing more people to be hurt for no reason.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
And the anti-gunners/hunters are dancing in the streets. Damn shame. I'll not even post some of the comments I saw online from the anti's. They are as troubling as rrroae's.
Originally Posted by Toolelk
Yes

Their website sucks.

Travis
Not even by staying indoors all day with the windows closed and the doors locked is anyone safe from this rain of sh�t.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
This wasn't a spur of the moment thing concerning this woman husband. It appears he hasn't trusted his wife for a while or he wouldn't have followed her to the mother home. This would have been the only way he knew where she was. He came armed expecting to find her with another man and he did. If he got the right person who knows, but he came there with the intentions of shooting the man she was with and Greg guilty or innocence payed the price of being with this mans wife in the middle of the night having wine and who know what else. Business or not , he set himself up and now he is dead. All you guys taking his side don't know what was really going on and just because he writes for a Gun Magazine doesn't make him a Saint. I would like for the same ones who justifies this situation Greg put himself in , find your wife with another man in the middle of the night drinking wine and you had no idea this was going on. I guess you would say, excuse me, i'm sorry honey i didn't know you had late night company, i will leave and come back when you two are finished doing whatever you are doing. I want to ask every one , if you was Greg wife, what would you think if your husband was killed in the middle of the night with another man wife in her home, by her husband, wouldn't you be just a little bit suspicious ?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
krp and 458Win,

Excellent points.

My wife and I are both in the hunting/firearms business. My wife has even flown to other states to go hunting with other men. I also know a bunch of other women in the business, who often end up in hunting camps, motels, etc. with men.

Sometimes people in the business even meet at each other's homes, and talk a lot, often with a drink or two involved. They do this because both because they're in the business and because they really like hunting and shooting. Some are men and some are women. This does't mean they're fooling around, though even in our business it's common for unsubstantiated rumors to fly--and always from men.

On a side note, it may sound obvious (though it obviously wouldn't be to some who've posted here) but the woman's husband could just have POSSIBLY been a real [bleep]. If she wanted to talk business with Greg, she might have had to get the hell away for a couple hours.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
And the anti-gunners/hunters are dancing in the streets. Damn shame. I'll not even post some of the comments I saw online from the anti's. They are as troubling as rrroae's.

lol

Ain't you the peach who loves hanging out with other men's chicks and then bragging about it on here?

Tell me "friend" why folks should be more worried about me.
Posted By: Lorne Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
You guys got it that she and her husband where split up right ? That she was living at her mom's BECAUSE of it ? That her murdering EX husband had beat her previously ? No point letting facts get in the way .

Takes a special kind of coward to beat a woman....any woman

This blaming Greg (who I did not have the pleasure of knowing personally) and/or the lady is like the anti's when they blame GUNS for a psycho's actions.

Lot of lack of class
Posted By: Big C Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13

Maybe she did call, and that's how the no good murdering [bleep] knew where to find them.
Originally Posted by Big C

Maybe she did call, and that's how the no good murdering [bleep] knew where to find them.

Speculator
Originally Posted by Fubarski
It would be relevant to know the distance between mom's house and the marital home.

About three beers.

Travis
Posted By: tx270 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
[quote=bea175]This wasn't a spur of the moment thing concerning this woman husband. It appears he hasn't trusted his wife for a while or he wouldn't have followed her to the mother home. This would have been the only way he knew where she was. He came armed expecting to find her with another man and he did. If he got the right person who knows, but he came there with the intentions of shooting the man she was with and Greg guilty or innocence payed the price of being with this mans wife in the middle of the night having wine and who know what else. Business or not , he set himself up and now he is dead. All you guys taking his side don't know what was really going on and just because he writes for a Gun Magazine doesn't make him a Saint. I would like for the same ones who justifies this situation Greg put himself in , find your wife with another man in the middle of the night drinking wine and you had no idea this was going on. I guess you would say, excuse me, i'm sorry honey i didn't know you had late night company, i will leave and come back when you two are finished doing whatever you are doing. I want to ask every one , if you was Greg wife, what would you think if your husband was killed in the middle of the night with another man wife in her home, by her husband, wouldn't you be just a little bit suspicious ? [/quote.

How do we know Greg's wife didn't know he was there? we don't. Of course no one thought of that because they would rather rub someone's name in chit. They want to believe what suits them, regardless of the truth. Which none of us know at this time.
Originally Posted by Lorne
You guys got it that she and her husband where split up right ? That she was living at her mom's BECAUSE of it ?

So it would seem the late night visit wasn't as innocent as some of you have speculated.

If you don't get that flashing bulb going off in your head that says, "danger Will Robinson" when visiting another man's woman late at night in an intimate setting, you really are dense as a rock. Everyone here knows it but some like talking out of their azz.
You guys got it that she and her husband where split up right ? That she was living at her mom's BECAUSE of it ? That her murdering EX husband had beat her previously ? No point letting facts get in the way .

This blaming Greg (who I did not have the pleasure of knowing personally) and/or the lady is like the anti's when they blame GUNS for a psycho's actions.

Lot of lack of class

you sir are the type of person who is excused and not fit for jury duty, because you blindly only look at one side of the story and don't look at both sides , there is only a 50 % chance he is innocence and 50% chance he is guilty. There are always two sides to a story. Plus his wife and kids will have to go on knowing her husband their father was killed by a jealous husband in another woman house in the middle of the night.

Lot of lack of class

If Greg knew this woman well, he sure as hell knew her situation. I dont know about you, or anyone else, but I sure as hell wouldnt be alone, at that time of night, with a woman separated from a crazy ex....sorry, but I dont do stupid schit like that. Either way, whether sexually involved or not, he put himself in a situation that ended in his death. A little common sense goes a long [bleep] way.
Posted By: Lorne Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
You guys got it that she and her husband where split up right ? That she was living at her mom's BECAUSE of it ?

So it would seem the late night visit wasn't as innocent as some of you have speculated.

If you don't get that flashing bulb going off in your head that says, "danger Will Robinson" when visiting another man's woman late at night in an intimate setting, you really are dense as a rock. Everyone here knows it but some like talking out of their azz.

Absolutely beyond belief
And I'm not naive, something may have been going. But without knowing one way or the other, I'm not going to run someone's name into the ground.

The ones who are,are hoping something was going on and it comes out so they can pound on their little [bleep] chests and say "I told you so, I told you so!" and feel good about themselves.

Bill
As is your drivel.

Originally Posted by pahick

If Greg knew this woman well, he sure as hell knew her situation. I dont know about you, or anyone else, but I sure as hell wouldnt be alone, at that time of night, with a woman separated from a crazy ex....sorry, but I dont do stupid schit like that. Either way, whether sexually involved or not, he put himself in a situation that ended in his death. A little common sense goes a long [bleep] way.

Apparently, this is rocket science to some.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Here is a novel idea: Let's let the investigators figure it out
Just wondering.........

How many of you guys would meet a married woman at a location away from her home late in the evening, have a drink or two with her, and NOT feel like a trespasser?

We will just assume she never informed her husband about this meeting in advance since he came in shooting.

That being said........ It's no excuse for murder in this case or any other.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

When the day arrives that they find my corpse the investigators are gonna have a LOT of suspects.

Travis
Posted By: KCBighorn Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I'll second that.
Originally Posted by tx270
And I'm not naive, something may have been going. But without knowing one way or the other, I'm not going to run someone's name into the ground.

The ones who are,are hoping something was going on and it comes out so they can pound on their little [bleep] chests and say "I told you so, I told you so!" and feel good about themselves.

Bill

No ones hoping anything. Doesnt matter if he was screwing her or not. She had a crazy husband. Do you knowingly put yourself in stupid situations and not expect anything to happen? Tip for ya, if youre gonna meet a woman dealing with domestic issues, meet her in public...better yet pick up the phone! Meet her alone late at night and you better expect the worst.
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Just wondering.........

How many of you guys would meet a married woman at a location away from her home late in the evening, have a drink or two with her, and NOT feel like a trespasser?

We will just assume she never informed her husband about this meeting in advance since he came in shooting.

That being said........ It's no excuse for murder in this case or any other.

I would.

Travis
Although this might have been a perfectly innocent meeting, it lends itself to tragedy by it's very situation created.

We have a violent estranged husband, his wife...possibly abused, and a late-night celebrity male visitor.

As our many LEO here can attest, this is a recipe for tragedy, no matter how innocent it might have been.

We need to focus now on the victims and keep them in our thoughts. The children of both families have lost their fathers.
lolol

You're an ornery sob.

Wish I could take you drinking with us later today.

Bill

No ones hoping anything. Doesnt matter if he was screwing her or not. She had a crazy husband. Do you knowingly put yourself in stupid situations and not expect anything to happen? Tip for ya, if youre gonna meet a woman dealing with domestic issues, meet her in public...better yet pick up the phone! Meet her alone late at night and you better expect the worst.

My post was not directed at anyone who think that this situation was not a good idea. I agree.
It was directed at the ones who are convinced something was going on without knowing.
And yes, there are some here who are hoping something was going on to validate their opinion. Sick, but true.

Bill
lolol

You're an ornery sob.

Wish I could take you drinking with us later today.

I'm gonna go check my prairie dog spot. You're invited.

Travis
[Linked Image]

Bill

No ones hoping anything. Doesnt matter if he was screwing her or not. She had a crazy husband. Do you knowingly put yourself in stupid situatioGns and not expect anything to happen? Tip for ya, if youre gonna meet a woman dealing with domestic issues, meet her in public...better yet pick up the phone! Meet her alone late at night and you better expect the worst.

OK. That's about enough with the common sense. This is an admiration thread for a fallen mentor. Get with the program......will ya?
My post has nothing to do with making Greg look bad , i didn't know the man . I just look at the obvious.. I think a lot of the peoples one sided thinking is just because he was Magazine Hack and Celebrity . I could care less if he was innocence or getting him a little on the side, either way it got him dead.
Posted By: dubePA Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Having worked for many years on sportsmen's interests at our gun club, with state orgs and with national orgs, I've spent huge amounts of time alone with married women who are also engaged in furthering those same interests.

Thus far no one has decided to shoot at me, or them.

While I've found many of these women attractive, doesn't mean I'm gonna take a whack at any of them. One woman at home, is enough for me.

And yes, I believe men and women can work together without dirty minds spreading idle gossip, destroying professional relationships.
Originally Posted by dubePA
Having worked for many years on sportsmen's interests at our gun club, with state orgs and with national orgs, I've spent huge amounts of time alone with married women who are also engaged in furthering those same interests.

While I've found many of these women attractive, doesn't mean I'm gonna take a whack at any of them. One woman at home, is enough for me.

And yes, I believe men and women can work together without dirty minds spreading idle gossip, destroying professional relationships.

you can meet a hundred different women with no problem, but it only takes one jealous husband to put you under. Meet them in a public place to conduct your business not at their home in the middle of the night. Just common sense , unless you have something else in mind with her and it still wouldn't be at her home.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Sad deal for those left behind for sure.

But where was all this righteous moral indignation when on another thread, someone claimed there was no holocaust and a few folks had less than stellar praise for our Jewish brothers?

Some of the very same ones on here preaching, were bashing Jews or defending those who did on the other thread.

Funny how one's righteous indignation can be so selective.

I guess we all have it to some degree. When people were cracking Chavez death jokes, I didn't step up to the plate and defend him and probably would have joined in, but was unable to think of a funny, Dead Hugo joke at the time.

Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by dubePA

May be the area you are in.I can guarantee you that 9 out of 10 men in this part of the country can see how a late night meeting in a private home with a married woman can get you shot.

You may never take a whack at any of them but putting yourself in a situation where whacking is an option is never a good idea.
And you don't know what the husband knew, possibly she told him about the business meeting and he imagined something else... i.e. rushed in blazing.

Yep. How do you reckon he knew where to find them? miles
he followed her or he had been watching her house and spotted a strange vehicle in the drive way

Yep. How do you reckon he knew where to find them? miles

A jealous neighbor?

Another mistress?

Professor Plumb?

Travis
If he used a 44 magnum pistol , he must have been expecting to find her with a Grizzly Bear and not a man. I'm puzzled why he didn't shoot her to and only pistol whipped her, when he was supposed to be crazy
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I'm on your side rrroae. I have no doubt if I didn't have a wife I trusted or was married to a slut I'd have your take on things.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Don't underestimate the value of a slut, they can make you boat loads of money if properly trained.

That one should be good for a few more hours of moral indignation. wink
If i caught my wife with another man , i would just smile at them and walk away . No woman worth dying or going to jail over. It takes two to tango and if she gives it up freely, then more power to the man who gets it. I'm just to old and to smart to lose my head over jealousy and a woman . To many women in this world to cry over one. Some of the best times in my life have been with SLUTS. Very few people on this forum , that has a wife who hasn't [bleep] someone else in the past or will in the future
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Don't underestimate the value of a slut, they can make you boat loads of money if properly trained.

That one should be good for a few more hours of moral indignation. wink

"That one?" A slut?

Which one are you referring to?

I don't recall any mention or identification of any particular slut.

Or do you use "slut" in some connotation other than (a) a dirty, slovenly woman, (b) an immoral or dissolute woman, or (c) a prostitute?
A lot are missing the point. It doesn't matter if Greg was there to fix a leaky toilet. The crazy husband obviously thought there was more to it. Unless I was friends with the woman's husband, I would be drinking wine with her at her house at 10:30 at night.
Posted By: dogzapper Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13

Friends,

The sad thing is that we have two men, good men, dead. We have two grieving widows and three orphaned children. It is a horrible situation all around, one in which absolutely nobody wins.

I pray for the widows, the children and, yes, for the two guys. And I will light prayer candles for each of them and pray for them again at this evening's Vigil Mass.

As an aside; last evening, our Catholic Bible Study Group sponsored Stations of the Cross at our parish. We also hosted a Lenten Soup Supper after Stations.

Karen and I were in the parish kitchen from 4:00 until 8:30, working our hearts out with our friends. We fed a little over one-hundred folks at the Soup Supper.

As our Bible Teacher, Linda, and her husband, Matt, and Karen and I walked to our cars after the supper, we all stopped and hugged.

Linda said, "I simply do not remember a time in our lives when you guys were not solidly by my side ... worshipping Our Lord and working to help others." Followed by a big hug and a kiss.

Lucky none of us was the jealous type grin And that is the wonderful pleasure of love.

God Bless,

Steve

When Ken and Margie Oehler were here on their way to the SHOT Show in January, Margie and I hugged, and I told Ken �

"Young fellow, if you don't want me flirtin' with your wife, you shoulda married an ugly one!"

He didn't seem a bit worried.
When Ken and Margie Oehler were here on their way to the SHOT Show in January, Margie and I hugged, and I told Ken �

"Young fellow, if you don't want me flirtin' with your wife, you shoulda married an ugly one!"

Probably because the only things you're a threat to are a pair of Depends and a six pack of pudding cups... crazy
Ya got me thar! laugh
Posted By: Enrique Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I am not God, st Peter, or Jesus. I will not pass judgement on anyone in this situation.
There are a ton of what if's, there are a ton of unknown's, there are a ton of none of our freakin business.
What I do know is there are two men dead, two families greiving with loss, and a bunch of people taking sides.
I can speculate, I can guess, I can also take a side but I won't. Regardless of who he was, we should all have respect regardless of what side we are on or what we think. To discuss what may or may have not happened is wrong. We should all feel bad for the loss or atleast give this situation a rest and say a prayer or whatever floats your boat.

I can see where people may think this or that, or defend this or that. Fact is we don't know crap about who knew what and who didn't know what. For all we know everyone knew of the meeting or no one knew of the meeting. We shouldn't even care cuz it doesn't involve us.
All the people taking this side or that side should leave it alone and let the dead rest. Its not for us to take sides. Just say rest in peace, prayers sent or whatever else we do. Not saying he was a saint or the antichrist. Because guess what? No one knows.

Like I said, Only God can pass judgement.

just my 2 cents.
Kique
Posted By: 458Win Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
Wow, I have learned a lot from this thread and now that gays are being married in many states I will have to make sure I don't have a drink with a guy who might also have jealous mate .
Wow, I have learned a lot from this thread and now that gays are being married in many states I will have to make sure I don't have a drink with a guy who might also have jealous mate .

Yup be very cautious meeting face to face with 270's for sale......
The evils of polluting the atmosphere with a 270 deserves its own thread.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13

Kind of surprising that the murdering, wife-beating SOB who just deprived his own 2-year-old son of his father is getting the least amount of the [bleep], here.
Yeah, I guess he's the hero to some here.
I met Greg at DSC two years ago. He was friendly and accommodating with a good sense of humor. I liked him. Sorry this thing happened to him. It's a tragedy for all involved.

For you know -it -all, holier than thou [bleep], one way or another it could happen to anyone...including you.
When you elevate yourself to the Public Spotlight like Mr Rodriguez has , you then make yourself everyone's business, where you like it or not.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13

Any man who would let himself be in a situation where he's drinking late at night with a married woman without the husbands knowledge is a complete idiot and if you think it's fine, you're a tool.

It's no secret what we men think about when we're alone with an attractive woman. Throw in a private setting and it's pretty obvious where your mind will wonder. If you think you're somehow different than every other red blooded man in the world, you were either neutered long ago or you're one of those fellas who swears you've never pulled your little willy when no one was around.

Damn if some people aren't full of schitt.

There's nothing wrong with a "wandering mind" I do it EVERY TIME I see the red-head across the street (married) comes out braless with those big puppy-dogs bouncing around. I'm not as "modern" as some here and maybe I would have avoided that situation even if it was ALL business and I'll believe that until someone proves it to me otherwise. NOTHING justifies what happened. Her KID was there for chrissakes. And I'm a sailor so "once a day and twice on Sunday."

As to your signature line, dumbphucks should have fought harder...
Originally Posted by bea175
This wasn't a spur of the moment thing concerning this woman husband. It appears he hasn't trusted his wife for a while or he wouldn't have followed her to the mother home. This would have been the only way he knew where she was. He came armed expecting to find her with another man and he did. If he got the right person who knows, but he came there with the intentions of shooting the man she was with and Greg guilty or innocence payed the price of being with this mans wife in the middle of the night having wine and who know what else. Business or not , he set himself up and now he is dead. All you guys taking his side don't know what was really going on and just because he writes for a Gun Magazine doesn't make him a Saint. I would like for the same ones who justifies this situation Greg put himself in , find your wife with another man in the middle of the night drinking wine and you had no idea this was going on. I guess you would say, excuse me, i'm sorry honey i didn't know you had late night company, i will leave and come back when you two are finished doing whatever you are doing. I want to ask every one , if you was Greg wife, what would you think if your husband was killed in the middle of the night with another man wife in her home, by her husband, wouldn't you be just a little bit suspicious ?

Kicking a guys ass that you catch with your wife is a LOT different than plugging him 4X44. Murder?
Knowing Greg, and doing business with him in the past, as well as being a professional associate in the outdoor media, I'm saddened to hear of his death. He was a sportsman and helped portray hunters in a good light. Prayers to his family.
Good or bad the man changed a lot of peoples lives going to this woman house in the middle of the night, no matter what the reason.
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
I'm confused by something. Every article I have read states they were at her MOTHER'S house, not her house.

Why do I keep seeing claims that it was her house?

There is a world of difference between being at a married woman's house alone, late at night and at a woman's mother's house.

This was the act of an insecure man.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/09/13
We do not know the husbands side, we do not know Greg's side, we only know what we know.

Do not know any of them.

However it just don't pass the smell test
Posted By: rrroae Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm on your side rrroae. I have no doubt if I didn't have a wife I trusted or was married to a slut I'd have your take on things.

Seeing your taste, I can see why you'd understand.

I mean really bud,...you want to have this back and forth?
.... No woman worth dying or going to jail over.....

I'm on a different page.

Originally Posted by RDFinn
Yeah, I guess he's the hero to some here.

I haven't seen where anybody is holding him up as a hero of any kind. Nobody has said that they really think what he did was the best thing to do even though there is a lot of suspicion of just what was going on. And I have not seen where anybody here knows or has even heard of him. Not that that means anything as I had never heard of Greg R either.

Yes, this did take place at her mother's house from what I have read. I understand that she was out of town at the time so evidently her daughter was house sitting for her. Maybe the reason her husband showed up when he did is that he was involved in something and just got done with whatever and went to be with his wife for the rest of the night. The wife is the only one that really knows all the details. There is nothing to indicate that they were having family problems.

So guess away, guys, you just might come up with the right answer.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by Foxbat
I'm confused by something. Every article I have read states they were at her MOTHER'S house, not her house.

Why do I keep seeing claims that it was her house?

There is a world of difference between being at a married woman's house alone, late at night and at a woman's mother's house.

This was the act of an insecure man.

Yes,it was an act by a insecure man.It was in no way justified,even if we assume the worst.The mother was however out of town according to what I have read.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
I understand that she was out of town at the time so evidently her daughter was house sitting for her. Maybe the reason her husband showed up when he did is that he was involved in something and just got done with whatever and went to be with his wife for the rest of the night. The wife is the only one that really knows all the details. There is nothing to indicate that they were having family problems.

BB....not meant to be arguing with you, just utilizing this to point out how individual experiences influence perception.

The instant I read she was staying at her mother's residence I took the exact opposite thought process. Staying at mother's house, in my mind, means the couple is very likely having serious family problems. I'm not saying that's the case here as I have absolutely no idea, just my experience in general. In fact, I feel almost "dirty" posting my thoughts about one of the victims here.

FWIW, I enjoyed Rodriquez' writings and hope those surviving this tragedy eventually can move forward. The only one to "blame" here is the shooter.

George
Posted By: Brad Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13

You're a [bleep] moron with NO respect.

I've never heard of Greg R., never met him, never read a thing he'd ever written, never seen him on tv.

But I certainly am not going to Monday Morning Quarterback about a public man, on a public forum, having ZERO facts.

This thread really has shown the color of some, speculating publicly about someone's motive's they've never met, while his body is still at the coroner's and a wife and kids are grieving.

I'll never understand this level of Hubris.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Reports of stuff like this makes me glad that I'm an old man who keeps his relationship business on the straight and narrow.

It wasn't always that way.

Recalling the exploits of my youth (regarding women) never ceases to cause me embarrassment.

I'm glad it's over,....wish it had never happened.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Kind of surprising that the murdering, wife-beating SOB who just deprived his own 2-year-old son of his father is getting the least amount of the [bleep], here.

Seriously. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Brad
You're a [bleep] moron with NO respect.

I've never heard of Greg R., never met him, never read a thing he'd ever written, never seen him on tv.

But I certainly am not going to Monday Morning Quarterback about a public man, on a public forum, having ZERO facts.

This thread really has shown the color of some, speculating publicly about someone's motive's they've never met, while his body is still at the coroner's and a wife and kids are grieving.

I'll never understand this level of Hubris.

Like many others talking out of their azz, you're as full of schitt as anyone else. You've speculated more than a few times on stories here on the campfire so save your indignation for someone else.

If folks don't like people speculating on stories, stay in the gun forums. The whole premise behind this section of the campfire is to run your mouth on a story.

From the beginning to the end, it's a tragedy, the ripples of which will scar lives and perhaps "hurt us" again politically, not that that comes up to the measure of the first.

I have learned that I can judge acts--we do all the time--but I cannot judge the heart. My concerns are for the children and the wives caught up in this terrible event.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

My concerns are for the children and the wives caught up in this terrible event.

Mine too.
Guess nobody really knows about old Greg's secret life. Hanging out with some woman wasn't about boffing her. It was about the kid in the house.
It'll all come out if an honest inquest is done and various complaints filed about him see the light of day.
Keep guessing away.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Reports of stuff like this makes me glad that I'm an old man who keeps his relationship business on the straight and narrow.

It wasn't always that way.

Recalling the exploits of my youth (regarding women) never ceases to cause me embarrassment.

I'm glad it's over,....wish it had never happened.

Here, Here, I second that.

The fact is my own life has been marked by such sin, several times. Not only was I involved with three married women in my youth, I married one of them. Something planted in sin cannot thrive, and it didn't. The guilt of those sins, two ending their marriage, and my marrying one, was something I had to lay that at the feet of Christ. I am forgiven, yet I carried that guilt for many years before I was forgiven.

Because I know the evil that such acts are, and because I know that I was doing evil when I did them, I cannot and will not lay such an accusation of adultery on another if I do not know he is guilty.
I frequent the campfire forum much, much less for quite some time now. Actually, rather seldom. This and a few other threads today show it hasn't changed much. Has everyone managed to make it on everyone's chit list yet? I'm sure that I am on more than a few of them. <grin>

Tragic for the kids and families involved in this event is all I will say. I hope they manage to overcome it.
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
You either trust your wife or you don't.

If you trust her, then you assume there is an explanation.

If you don't trust your wife, then she's not worth dying over or killing over.

Posted By: isaac Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by panasonicwidescreen
Guess nobody really knows about old Greg's secret life. Hanging out with some woman wasn't about boffing her. It was about the kid in the house.
It'll all come out if an honest inquest is done and various complaints filed about him see the light of day.
Keep guessing away.

Or you're a red blooded male who doesn't put up with another man sniffing around marked territory.

It really is comical some of the BS posted here. 99% of you would be red hot furious if you came home unexpectedly one night to find your significant other drinking it up late at night with another man.

And if you don't get pissed off or a little jealous, you probably lost your passion a long time ago.
Keep digging... your dipshitness is becoming more apparent.
It really is comical some of the BS posted here. 99% of you would be red hot furious if you came home unexpectedly one night to find your significant other drinking it up late at night with another man

If he was making advances and She did not tell him to leave on her own, and tell me as soon as I came in, They both need to go. miles
Posted By: ColdBore Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
99% of you would be red hot furious if you came home unexpectedly one night to find your significant other drinking it up late at night with another man.

They'd also be saying "he deserved what he got", if it wasn't somebody that they felt this bond to, whether through this forum, or his show, or whatever.

Everybody would be cheering if the exact same thing happened, but it involved some Hollywood liberal instead.
BTW, not picking sides or saying right or wrong, but the partisanship is rather obvious.
Hell I do my share of talking out of my azz on here but I know it and so does everyone else. But Damn if some folks here aren't convinced they're somehow different.
Hell I do my share of talking out of my azz on here but I know it and so does everyone else, But Damn if some folks here aren't convinced they're somehow different.

THIS is different... it's not a rifle, an inanimate, irrelevant THING, it's a man's life, his reputation, his family.

That you can't figure out the difference is pathetic.
Don't worry bro, you're right there with me.
What that five cent head of yours can't figure out is some are concentrating on the individuals involved and some of us are looking at the aspects in general.

Or you're a red blooded male who doesn't put up with another man sniffing around marked territory.

It really is comical some of the BS posted here. 99% of you would be red hot furious if you came home unexpectedly one night to find your significant other drinking it up late at night with another man.

And if you don't get pissed off or a little jealous, you probably lost your passion a long time ago.

I'll go to jail or kill, to protect my wife. I'm not doing either, if she proves I can't trust her.

It's not about passion, it's about common sense. You find out you can't trust your wife and you think it's a good idea to kill yourself? If you think she's guilty of an affair, she's not worth it.

When you've been married a few times and banged a few you didn't have a right to, you figure out women are either worth trusting or they are just tail.

Tail ain't worth dying for.
The aspects in general are this: Just because your wife/girlfriend have cheated on you doesn't mean every other wife/girlfriend cheats. Stop projecting your situation on to others.
So,...would you visit an attractive woman to have drinks with in a private setting without your wife's knowledge?

Even if your wife trusts you fully?
Posted By: bea175 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
no , because I'm not sure i could trust myself .
Keep digging dipchit.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
The aspects in general are this: Just because your wife/girlfriend have cheated on you doesn't mean every other wife/girlfriend cheats. Stop projecting your situation on to others.

I have enough respect for my wife as she does for me, to never put either of us in a situation to ever have to wonder.

How 'bout you?
Posted By: antlers Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Everybody would be cheering if the exact same thing happened, but it involved some Hollywood liberal instead.

Out of all of the conjecture on this thread so far, ColdBore has stated a fact...!

I could trust myself but it would be disrespectful to my wife. That's what some don't get.

I have enough respect for my wife as she does for me, to never put either of us in a situation to ever have to wonder.

How 'bout you?

Yeah right. That's why you're making this topic so personal.
What that five cent head of yours can't figure out is some are concentrating on the individuals involved and some of us are looking at the aspects in general.

There's been a number of people with knowledge of the situation that have said nothing was going on and this has been backed up by a police statement yet some of you classless folks still want to speculate. What that .01 cent head of yours can't figure out is that it doesn't matter what you THINK you know, it's extremely rude, disrespectful and in piss poor taste to speculate on what led to the MURDER of a man that was a friend to quite a few guys on this forum

I would say "have some respect" but it's obvious y'all don't have any so I'll just say GFY instead
Posted By: blanket Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
All I have to say is I am glad that some of the posters here are not setting on a jury, maybe our system is to [bleep] up to work
Keep digging dipchit.

10-1 says you're one of those little weasels who goes around hanging out with other women pretending they're just friends.

How's that for digging?

I could trust myself but it would be disrespectful to my wife. That's what some don't get.

A good looking woman , drinking and a hard on just don't mix
Originally Posted by blanket
All I have to say is I am glad that some of the posters here are not setting on a jury, maybe our system is to [bleep] up to work

It is disgusting isn't it?
Keep digging dipchit.

10-1 says you're one of those little weasels who goes around hanging out with other women pretending they're just friends.

How's that for digging?

Nope, married 27 years and entirely faithful. Guess again... that seems to be your only forte...
Originally Posted by huntsonora
There's been a number of people with knowledge of the situation that have said nothing was going on and this has been backed up by a police statement yet some of you classless folks still want to speculate. What that .01 cent head of yours can't figure out is that it doesn't matter what you THINK you know, it's extremely rude, disrespectful and in piss poor taste to speculate on what led to the MURDER of a man that was a friend to quite a few guys on this forum

I would say "have some respect" but it's obvious y'all don't have any so I'll just say GFY instead

*thinking*

Naw, I'm pretty sure you're as full of schitt as everyone else.

A good looking woman , drinking and a hard on just don't mix

Apparently, it's different when those involved are in the weapons industry.

Originally Posted by huntsonora

*thinking*

Naw, I'm pretty sure you're as full of schitt as everyone else.

I knew you weren't that smart
So,...would you visit an attractive woman to have drinks with in a private setting without your wife's knowledge?

Even if your wife trusts you fully?

I haven't commented on GR's judgment. I'm just saying potentially questionable judgment doesn't make you guilty or justify killing.

Nope, married 27 years and entirely faithful. Guess again... that seems to be your only forte...

Cool.

So like I asked previously,....would you go visit an attractive woman in an intimate setting to have drinks without your wife's knowledge?

And if you wouldn't, why not?
You find out you can't trust your wife and you think it's a good idea to kill yourself? If you think she's guilty of an affair, she's not worth it.

Somebody here has at least part of this big thing called life figured out!

I've had some REALLY good azz in the past. Ain't a single one I'd even CONSIDER killing myself for.... crazy

I haven't commented on GR's judgment. I'm just saying potentially questionable judgment doesn't make you guilty or justify killing.

And I'm not saying GR specifically deserved to be shot.

I'm talking in generalizations as are some others.

didn't the new report say Greg and the Husband were arguing before the Husband shot him. wonder what the argument was over , bet it was the woman and what he was doing there with her.

Cool.

So like I asked previously,....would you go visit an attractive woman in an intimate setting to have drinks without your wife's knowledge?

And if you wouldn't, why not?

"Intimate" is your term and one of judgement without actual knowledge and is a clear picture window into your soul... thing is, like Jimmy Swaggart, those that decry moral issues the loudest are usually tipping their own hand... the sign is easy to read.
Posted By: Darrel Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
didn't the new report say Greg and the Husband were arguing before the Husband shot him. wonder what the argument was over , bet it was the woman and what he was doing there with her.

IF that is the case, I'd bet they were not arguing about politics!
The AP report on YAHOO! is currently running comments at about 97% against GR!! It's the circumstantial "evidence" that make it look questionable!! I've been in this position, I came home from work an hour earlier than I was expected, but thank God I was able to turn
around and walk back out the door before I killed the sob! I WAS armed at the time, too! I figured they could have each other! IF a man is ever faced with this situation, it's dang hard to say what is going to happen but this is a common ending!!
If Feinstein and the crew really wanted to put a dent in violent crime/homicides, they'd ban puzzy.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13

I'll go to jail or kill, to protect my wife. I'm not doing either, if she proves I can't trust her.

It's not about passion, it's about common sense. You find out you can't trust your wife and you think it's a good idea to kill yourself? If you think she's guilty of an affair, she's not worth it.

When you've been married a few times and banged a few you didn't have a right to, you figure out women are either worth trusting or they are just tail.

this is very down to earth and intellectual. Unfortunately, if fails to encompass actions resulting from feelings/ hate emanating from affairs of the heart.

And, I'm not saying there was an affair, but a man finding his wife with someone else can quickly affect the affairs of his heart.
If you kill a man over screwing or thinking he is screwing your wife it is a Macho Thing and your ego has been hurt and all you want is revenge on them both. If you are man enough to walk away and think it over, you look at the situation totally different and send him a Thank You Card for taking her off your hands, you stay out of jail and he inherits a woman who will do the same thing to him in the future . You win all the way round.

thing is, like Jimmy Swaggart, those that decry moral issues the loudest are usually tipping their own hand... the sign is easy to read.

lol

2 seconds ago you were jumping all over anyone who was speculating.

GD if you ain't the head of the full of schitt crowd.
If you kill a man over screwing or thinking he is screwing your wife it is a Macho Thing and your ego has been hurt and all you want is revenge on them both. If you are man enough to walk away and think it over, you look at the situation totally different and send him a Thank You Card for taking her off your hands, you stay out of jail and he inherits a woman who will do the same thing to him in the future . You win all the way round.

True. Many years ago a guy might escape prosecution for killing a guy having an affair with his wife, or for molesting one of his kids. Now, we have become more "civilized".(and im speaking hypothetically here also -that means I'm not saying there was an affair )

thing is, like Jimmy Swaggart, those that decry moral issues the loudest are usually tipping their own hand... the sign is easy to read.

lol

2 seconds ago you were jumping all over anyone who was speculating.

GD if you ain't the head of the full of schitt crowd.

You're the one going on and on from the beginning like a lover scorned or a guilty party, so don't be surprised when lots of folks jump to that conclusion.
I prefer the times when we were a little less civilized. Back when men were men and they didn't stand for any BS.

Today, men are more of a puzzified version of their forefathers. All attuned to feelings and more worried about the new menu at Starbucks than having a set of balls.

You're the one going on and on from the beginning like a lover scorned or a guilty party, so don't be surprised when lots of folks jump to that conclusion.

It's cool.

I'm lit up so I'm looking for a fight.
Jfc, shut the hell up.

I'm sick of your bullshit.
lol

Hell, I'm just getting warmed up.
Well, back in those days, there were probably less occasions of child molestation, for sure.

I'm certain no cheated on married guy ever thought the love of his life would have stuck by him if only the big, rich, handsome, stud hadn't come along - and decided to make same pay for ruining his day (or life).
I know one thing, there are lots of Hispanics and others who have killed a guy for a whole lot less. You piss some guys off (dis them) all the logic you can muster will buy you no more than an undertaker.
If I killed a guy for talking to my wife over the last 32 years we have been married, there would be a hell of a gut pile, yet there has never been a reason to not trust her. If there would have been an obvious reason I think I would have just walked away and settled it later. A bunch of you guys jump to the "he's drilling her crap" and know jack sh&t about what went down. Give the guy a break and shut up until you hear otherwise. He's dead, she's beat up and the perp sucked the barrel
I guess you missed the point of me saying I was referring to hypotheticals, or do you not understand the word?
Originally Posted by eyeball
I know one thing, there are lots of Hispanics and others who have killed a guy for a whole lot less. You piss some guys off (dis them) all the logic you can muster will buy you no more than an undertaker.

The full of schitt crowd would be talking a different tune if their wife was paid a late night visit for some fun and drinks by a fellow Campfire member while they were out and about.

Then, "all of a sudden", it would important enough to take notice.

You have to wonder, if it's no big deal, why aren't Campfire members visiting other Campfire members significant others while they aren't around. We're all one big happy family so if one of us comes home one night to find our spouse drinking it up with another campfire member, we should give them a high five and join in on the fun.
Understand the word , responding to the whole discussion, or do you not understand
Keep guessing away.
The "panasonicwidescreen" [bleep] is none other than the resoundingly hated and despised Larry Root aka Oldman1942, pipercolt, rootmanslim, redwolves, mtdorarider, Boss_Lady, and many other [bleep] identities.
Everbody ain't Larry fuggin' Root,..

,...hail far.

,...hail far.
No, but this DICKHEAD is.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Keep guessing away.

GTF our of here Larry, nobody wants your garbage. Say, I see your "absence" [bleep] from AR smile under 45-70Shooter and artshaw. FOAD moron.
A sketch of the unibomber appears on national TV,.. Bricktop says, "It's Larry Root!!"

They drag Saddam out of his spider hole,...Bricktop be talkin' 'bout, "Larry Root with a beard!"

A fuzzy image is recorded on the grassy knoll on the day of the JFK assassination,... Bricktop avows, "That muhfugger is Larry Root as sure as I'm sittin' here!"

laugh
A sketch of the unibomber appears in national TV,.. Bricktop says, "It's Larry Root!!"

They drag Saddam out of his spIder hole,...Bricktop be talkin' 'bout, "Larry Root with a beard!"

A fuzzy image is recorded on the grassy knoll on the day of the JFK assassination,... Bricktop avows, "That muhfugger is Larry Root as sure as I'm sittin' here!"
Are you two trading blowj*bs or something?
This pathetic thread may serve ONE useful purpose;

After seeing how this forum member, GregR has been trashed by some of his fellow members, we may not see any more "fake your own death" threads by Bigwhoop.

He was elevated to sainthood by some of the same ones trashing GregR.
A sketch of the unibomber appears in national TV,.. Bricktop says, "It's Larry Root!!"

They drag Saddam out of his spIder hole,...Bricktop be talkin' 'bout, "Larry Root with a beard!"

With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about. As if this thread needed to go deeper into the schitter.
Originally Posted by heavywalker

With all due respect, you don't know what you are talking about. As if this thread needed to go deeper into the schitter.

Not possible. It was already at the very bottom against the back wall. doesn't get worse than this.
Originally Posted by Bricktop

Are you two trading blowj*bs or something?

lol

Come'on man, it was funny.

Laugh it off and move on.
lolol,...
Originally Posted by curdog4570

After seeing how this forum member, GregR has been trashed by some of his fellow members, we may not see any more "fake your own death" threads by Bigwhoop.

I think you meant bigsqueeze....

The full of schitt crowd would be talking a different tune if their wife was paid a late night visit for some fun and drinks by a fellow Campfire member while they were out and about.

Then, "all of a sudden", it would important enough to take notice.

You have to wonder, if it's no big deal, why aren't Campfire members visiting other Campfire members significant others while they aren't around. We're all one big happy family so if one of us comes home one night to find our spouse drinking it up with another campfire member, we should give them a high five and join in on the fun.

If people would post up some pictures of their wives, their address, and their out of town schedule, a few campfire members might start up a visitation.
Posted By: add Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
[Linked Image]

"I faked my own death" threads being banned would be truly tragic.
Sometimes such is the only thing to keep this place alive laugh

Well... that and larry root threads. lol.

Is this Larry?
The picture is perfect!
When he's off his meds get him caught up quick with a slingshot.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BarryC Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Thank goodness my wife has more respect for me than to put herself in a situation that could easily be misinterpreted. We treat each other well that way.

,...hail far.

A sketch of the unibomber appears on national TV,.. Bricktop says, "It's Larry Root!!"

They drag Saddam out of his spider hole,...Bricktop be talkin' 'bout, "Larry Root with a beard!"

How does the crow taste B?
Posted By: LBP Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
If Feinstein and the crew really wanted to put a dent in violent crime/homicides, they'd ban puzzy.

Posted By: flynylon Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
I am so sick of these kangaroo court jurors weighing in to distort the facts of what Greg was doing in Lindsey's mother's kitchen. Proof Research, Lindsey's employer, was a sponsor of Greg's show, and they were innocently having a drink at the time the husband burst in with his delusional accusations.

She was also a good friend of Greg's, and I came to know her quite well through trade shows. Despite the fact that the news outlets have claimed that her mother was out of town, I have it on very good authority that her mother was in her house, and she was the one who made the 911 call. Greg flew into Kalispell about an hour before he was killed by a guy who was apparently off his meds.

What we have here is a situation that three children are now without fathers, yet you livingroom jurors are so G0DDAMN quick to crucify the man in a forum that his children will definitely read someday down the road--probably sooner than later.

The articles that are out there expressly indicate that the investigators are convinced that nothing nefarious or romantic was going on, yet those who are jealous of Greg's rapid rise to fame are so quick to impale him on a pike as a cheater. Greg was a great friend of mine, and I can assure you that he was meeting up with a great industry gal with nothing going on other than exploring how they can work to elevate a newer company with revolutionary designs in the area of carbon fiber. You may not know how the industry works, but 95% of the deals that bring you great guns happen late at night, and more than likely cocktails are involved.

I lost a great friend, you lost another staunch defender of the 2nd Amendment and supreme hunting advocate, his wife lost a loving husband, and his children lost a wonderful father who would give anything in the world for his kids. Three kids are now growing up without their fathers. Have a little respect. Let it go, and stop the venomous attacks on a dead man who can't defend himself.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
This pathetic thread may serve ONE useful purpose;

He was elevated to sainthood by some of the same ones trashing GregR.

Fail.

Travis
I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers. His family as well as the hunting and shooting communities endured a great loss with his passing.

Greg was dear friend for many years as well as my boss at GAO. We are devastated by the senseless tragedy that occurred. Our world is a bit darker without GRod in it.

For those folks who are attempting to tarnish the reputation of Greg without any facts or evidence, I ask that you show some decorum for our friend and stop.

Thanks Flynylon,

Additionally if anyone would bother to check their facts they would also see Lindsey was in a terrible car crash two days previously and was nearly killed. She was recovering at her mothers house.
May his family get through this first terrible week, hold on to good memories and start on the road to some control of peace.

Amen

Kent
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/10/13
James,

Please extend my heartfelt condolences to Greg's wife and children.

William
Posted By: bwanajcj Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/10/13
Will do sir, I'll be posting the funeral arrangements as soon as I have them.
Posted By: add Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by flynylon
"I am so sick of these kangaroo courts..."

flynylon

Once more from the roof top !
Posted By: flynylon Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/10/13
Thanks Bwanajcj.

I just hope that all these venomous folks who seem to carry an axe to grind will have a little positive will and will respect what the man was actually able to accomplish for all of us in his short life. G-rod was a great dude.

By the way, I'm the former editor-in-chief of Shooting Times magazine, and I signed Greg to his first contract, and I never looked back. Greg was a great man, and he deserves so much more that what I see here.
Originally Posted by add
"I am so sick of these kangaroo courts..."

flynylon

Once more from the roof top !

Yep. I've outed myself from a lurker of five years plus (longer than your a$s has been a member here, campfire ranger) in order to defend a dear dead friend. So who are you? Feel free to let me know who you are and where you reside.
My name is Mike Nischalke, and I live in Boerne, Texas. Who are you?
Posted By: bwanajcj Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Mike i think he was echoing your sentiment
Quite possibly, you're right. I thought I was getting called out, so I outed myself to ensure there was no way that I was hiding anonymously behind an internet screen name as so many do here. You know who I am, and you know where to find me, should you have any questions.
Sorry bud for acting like a complete azz. Nailed your bud pretty good in an effort to make a trivial point.

Sometimes I too easily forget there are real people at the end of some of these stories.
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
flynylon and bwanajcj I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and my prayers go out for Greg and all the families involved, especially the children. I hope by your posting more facts the attacks of a good mans reputation will stop.
I am so sick of these kangaroo court jurors weighing in to distort the facts of what Greg was doing in Lindsey's mother's kitchen. Proof Research, Lindsey's employer, was a sponsor of Greg's show, and they were innocently having a drink at the time the husband burst in with his delusional accusations.

She was also a good friend of Greg's, and I came to know her quite well through trade shows. Despite the fact that the news outlets have claimed that her mother was out of town, I have it on very good authority that her mother was in her house, and she was the one who made the 911 call. Greg flew into Kalispell about an hour before he was killed by a guy who was apparently off his meds.

What we have here is a situation that three children are now without fathers, yet you livingroom jurors are so G0DDAMN quick to crucify the man in a forum that his children will definitely read someday down the road--probably sooner than later.

The articles that are out there expressly indicate that the investigators are convinced that nothing nefarious or romantic was going on, yet those who are jealous of Greg's rapid rise to fame are so quick to impale him on a pike as a cheater. Greg was a great friend of mine, and I can assure you that he was meeting up with a great industry gal with nothing going on other than exploring how they can work to elevate a newer company with revolutionary designs in the area of carbon fiber. You may not know how the industry works, but 95% of the deals that bring you great guns happen late at night, and more than likely cocktails are involved.

I lost a great friend, you lost another staunch defender of the 2nd Amendment and supreme hunting advocate, his wife lost a loving husband, and his children lost a wonderful father who would give anything in the world for his kids. Three kids are now growing up without their fathers. Have a little respect. Let it go, and stop the venomous attacks on a dead man who can't defend himself.

Thank You Sir.
As the old saying goes,"If you cannot say anything good about the man,don't say anything at all."
I hope by your posting more facts the attacks of a good mans reputation will stop.

Well said. miles
Originally Posted by baldhunter
As the old saying goes,"If you cannot say anything good about the man,don't say anything at all."

So back to my earlier point...

Does this mean no more threads about Obama, Feinstein, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Jesse Jackson, or any others on a very long list?

Don't be a bunch of hypocrites with posts like this.

Edit: A short glance at your post history sure shows a different trend than what you just posted. whistle

Coldbore, you're not the only one who sees the hypocrisy but in light of the new info posted by some who seem to have known this fella quite well, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

If it were my friend who was being unfairly targeted, I'd be furious and that's what I couldn't see.
OK I'll stop too.

My point has been made.

I wasn't targeting anybody involved in the situation, just pointing out that some posters really do tend to ignore the fact that their actions don't follow their words, depending on whether somebody is in their "in" crowd, or considered the "enemy".
Posted By: antlers Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Coldbore, you're not the only one who sees the hypocrisy...

Sending prayers on one hand...and wishing for the death of liberals, homosexuals, etc. on the other...this board is full of that.
Posted By: tx270 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
I hope by your posting more facts the attacks of a good mans reputation will stop.

Well said. miles

+1. Loved reading Greg's articles, especially when he wrote for Texas Fish and Game.

Bill
Posted By: rost495 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
Let it all come out in the end reports. Some will be correct here, some will not be. And there is NO guarantee as to which.

But time will answer the questions.
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by baldhunter

So back to my earlier point...

Does this mean no more threads about Obama, Feinstein, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Jesse Jackson, or any others on a very long list?

Don't be a bunch of hypocrites with posts like this.

Edit: A short glance at your post history sure shows a different trend than what you just posted. whistle

I guess you hadn't noticed the difference but the politicians you mentioned are all alive but Greg R, the father of three children and husband to a loving wife is not alive.

Showing respect must not be what you do well.
Posted By: morton Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/10/13
I really liked Gregs gun articles my prayers for both families.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
I guess you hadn't noticed the difference but the politicians you mentioned are all alive but Greg R, the father of three children and husband to a loving wife is not alive.

How many hear have WISHED them dead, repeatedly?

So it's all OK I guess cause it hasn't happened yet.

Let's change the names a bit... Ted Kennedy, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Trayvon Martin... I can remember lots of folks here bashing them, and they're all dead.

Keep trying to justify the hypocrisy....
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Neither is kissing azz of the popular crowd, or getting all emotional over somebody I'd never met.

Not ashamed one bit of that either.
You really do feel good about the stupid things you have said and evidently want to keep on saying. Carry on.
Yeah, and I said a few posts up that I would quit.

But when called out, I'm not going to sit back and let you throw stupid analogies out there unanswered.

If you happened to notice, I haven't said one thing concerning Rodriguez, and what I think may or may not have happened. Merely commented on the ongoing hypocrisy around here.

Apparently it got under your skin.

You'd be hard=pressed to show where I disrespected Rodriguez. Some posters on the other hand, yeah.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Probably because the only things you're a threat to are a pair of Depends and a six pack of pudding cups... crazy

Thanks for reminding me!

Just enjoyed a coupla cups o' yogurt � strawberry, and blueberry.

(The puddings are for the special occasions.)
Posted By: dondraper Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/12/13

Sorry flynylon, but I have to make a few corrections for you here. I have first hand knowledge of the entire night, and while i didn't know Gregory, I know the other two parties quite well.

First let me say sorry about the loss of your friend. I didn't know him, but I don't think he deserved what he got. It's a horrible story any way you look at it.

You are absolutely incorrect in stating that Lindey's mom was at home. She was not there, and she definitely did not make the 911 call (edit: - mother may have called 911, but she was in another state at the time, and not anywhere near the house).

Let me break it down to you like this: Wayne worked on the east side of the National park, but lived on the west side. He was SUPPOSED to be on the east side (away for the night) that Thursday. Lindsey expected him to be away for the night.

Also ask yourself, why would Lindsey have a business meeting at her mom's condo in Whitefish when she could have it at her BEAUTIFUL home that Wayne more or less built, which overlooked Glacier park (an INCREDIBLE view) and was filled with a nice collection of mounted local game. Kind of sounds like the perfect location for a business meeting with a famous hunter doesn't it? But instead, she told her husband she was going to "stay at mom's condo" for the night, and had held the "business meeting" there.

I'm going to stop there. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk further. But the truth will come out soon. Again, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. And I'm sorry that Wayne made the choices he did, when faced with the situation that he uncovered that night. I love you Wayne, and I pray that God forgives you for your actions.
Posted By: okok Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/12/13
Sounds pretty fishy to me......... wink
Posted By: Enrique Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/12/13
anyone have the bricktop bat light pic?

Kique
I think this calls for a scooby Ruh-Roh.

Dink
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Latest on Greg Rodriquez - 03/13/13
Originally Posted by okok
Sounds pretty fishy to me......... wink

Is that a recently acquired self-deprecating sense of humor? If so, kudos.
© 24hourcampfire