Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by 458Win
At the shows it is not at all unusual to find unrelated men and women sittiing off together late at night having a beer or wine and deep in discussion about hunting or firearms.
The fact that some men here have a problem with members of the opposite sex being alone together is more illuminating about their inner thoughts and intentions than it is about this case.

Any man who would let himself be in a situation where he's drinking late at night with a married woman without the husbands knowledge is a complete idiot and if you think it's fine, you're a tool.

It's no secret what we men think about when we're alone with an attractive woman. Throw in a private setting and it's pretty obvious where your mind will wonder. If you think you're somehow different than every other red blooded man in the world, you were either neutered long ago or you're one of those fellas who swears you've never pulled your little willy when no one was around.

Damn if some people aren't full of schitt.

There's nothing wrong with a "wandering mind" I do it EVERY TIME I see the red-head across the street (married) comes out braless with those big puppy-dogs bouncing around. I'm not as "modern" as some here and maybe I would have avoided that situation even if it was ALL business and I'll believe that until someone proves it to me otherwise. NOTHING justifies what happened. Her KID was there for chrissakes. And I'm a sailor so "once a day and twice on Sunday."

As to your signature line, dumbphucks should have fought harder...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bea175
This wasn't a spur of the moment thing concerning this woman husband. It appears he hasn't trusted his wife for a while or he wouldn't have followed her to the mother home. This would have been the only way he knew where she was. He came armed expecting to find her with another man and he did. If he got the right person who knows, but he came there with the intentions of shooting the man she was with and Greg guilty or innocence payed the price of being with this mans wife in the middle of the night having wine and who know what else. Business or not , he set himself up and now he is dead. All you guys taking his side don't know what was really going on and just because he writes for a Gun Magazine doesn't make him a Saint. I would like for the same ones who justifies this situation Greg put himself in , find your wife with another man in the middle of the night drinking wine and you had no idea this was going on. I guess you would say, excuse me, i'm sorry honey i didn't know you had late night company, i will leave and come back when you two are finished doing whatever you are doing. I want to ask every one , if you was Greg wife, what would you think if your husband was killed in the middle of the night with another man wife in her home, by her husband, wouldn't you be just a little bit suspicious ?

Kicking a guys ass that you catch with your wife is a LOT different than plugging him 4X44. Murder?

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Knowing Greg, and doing business with him in the past, as well as being a professional associate in the outdoor media, I'm saddened to hear of his death. He was a sportsman and helped portray hunters in a good light. Prayers to his family.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good or bad the man changed a lot of peoples lives going to this woman house in the middle of the night, no matter what the reason.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm confused by something. Every article I have read states they were at her MOTHER'S house, not her house.

Why do I keep seeing claims that it was her house?

There is a world of difference between being at a married woman's house alone, late at night and at a woman's mother's house.

This was the act of an insecure man.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We do not know the husbands side, we do not know Greg's side, we only know what we know.

Do not know any of them.

However it just don't pass the smell test

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm on your side rrroae. I have no doubt if I didn't have a wife I trusted or was married to a slut I'd have your take on things.

Seeing your taste, I can see why you'd understand.

I mean really bud,...you want to have this back and forth?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
.... No woman worth dying or going to jail over.....

I'm on a different page.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Yeah, I guess he's the hero to some here.

I haven't seen where anybody is holding him up as a hero of any kind. Nobody has said that they really think what he did was the best thing to do even though there is a lot of suspicion of just what was going on. And I have not seen where anybody here knows or has even heard of him. Not that that means anything as I had never heard of Greg R either.

Yes, this did take place at her mother's house from what I have read. I understand that she was out of town at the time so evidently her daughter was house sitting for her. Maybe the reason her husband showed up when he did is that he was involved in something and just got done with whatever and went to be with his wife for the rest of the night. The wife is the only one that really knows all the details. There is nothing to indicate that they were having family problems.

So guess away, guys, you just might come up with the right answer.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Foxbat
I'm confused by something. Every article I have read states they were at her MOTHER'S house, not her house.

Why do I keep seeing claims that it was her house?

There is a world of difference between being at a married woman's house alone, late at night and at a woman's mother's house.

This was the act of an insecure man.

Yes,it was an act by a insecure man.It was in no way justified,even if we assume the worst.The mother was however out of town according to what I have read.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I understand that she was out of town at the time so evidently her daughter was house sitting for her. Maybe the reason her husband showed up when he did is that he was involved in something and just got done with whatever and went to be with his wife for the rest of the night. The wife is the only one that really knows all the details. There is nothing to indicate that they were having family problems.

BB....not meant to be arguing with you, just utilizing this to point out how individual experiences influence perception.

The instant I read she was staying at her mother's residence I took the exact opposite thought process. Staying at mother's house, in my mind, means the couple is very likely having serious family problems. I'm not saying that's the case here as I have absolutely no idea, just my experience in general. In fact, I feel almost "dirty" posting my thoughts about one of the victims here.

FWIW, I enjoyed Rodriquez' writings and hope those surviving this tragedy eventually can move forward. The only one to "blame" here is the shooter.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae

So it would seem the late night visit wasn't as innocent as some of you have speculated.

You're a [bleep] moron with NO respect.

I've never heard of Greg R., never met him, never read a thing he'd ever written, never seen him on tv.

But I certainly am not going to Monday Morning Quarterback about a public man, on a public forum, having ZERO facts.

This thread really has shown the color of some, speculating publicly about someone's motive's they've never met, while his body is still at the coroner's and a wife and kids are grieving.

I'll never understand this level of Hubris.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Reports of stuff like this makes me glad that I'm an old man who keeps his relationship business on the straight and narrow.

It wasn't always that way.

Recalling the exploits of my youth (regarding women) never ceases to cause me embarrassment.

I'm glad it's over,....wish it had never happened.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Kind of surprising that the murdering, wife-beating SOB who just deprived his own 2-year-old son of his father is getting the least amount of the [bleep], here.

Seriously. Thank you.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brad
You're a [bleep] moron with NO respect.

I've never heard of Greg R., never met him, never read a thing he'd ever written, never seen him on tv.

But I certainly am not going to Monday Morning Quarterback about a public man, on a public forum, having ZERO facts.

This thread really has shown the color of some, speculating publicly about someone's motive's they've never met, while his body is still at the coroner's and a wife and kids are grieving.

I'll never understand this level of Hubris.

Like many others talking out of their azz, you're as full of schitt as anyone else. You've speculated more than a few times on stories here on the campfire so save your indignation for someone else.

If folks don't like people speculating on stories, stay in the gun forums. The whole premise behind this section of the campfire is to run your mouth on a story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

From the beginning to the end, it's a tragedy, the ripples of which will scar lives and perhaps "hurt us" again politically, not that that comes up to the measure of the first.

I have learned that I can judge acts--we do all the time--but I cannot judge the heart. My concerns are for the children and the wives caught up in this terrible event.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

My concerns are for the children and the wives caught up in this terrible event.

Mine too.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guess nobody really knows about old Greg's secret life. Hanging out with some woman wasn't about boffing her. It was about the kid in the house.
It'll all come out if an honest inquest is done and various complaints filed about him see the light of day.
Keep guessing away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Reports of stuff like this makes me glad that I'm an old man who keeps his relationship business on the straight and narrow.

It wasn't always that way.

Recalling the exploits of my youth (regarding women) never ceases to cause me embarrassment.

I'm glad it's over,....wish it had never happened.

Here, Here, I second that.

The fact is my own life has been marked by such sin, several times. Not only was I involved with three married women in my youth, I married one of them. Something planted in sin cannot thrive, and it didn't. The guilt of those sins, two ending their marriage, and my marrying one, was something I had to lay that at the feet of Christ. I am forgiven, yet I carried that guilt for many years before I was forgiven.

Because I know the evil that such acts are, and because I know that I was doing evil when I did them, I cannot and will not lay such an accusation of adultery on another if I do not know he is guilty.

Last edited by Armednfree; 03/09/13.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I frequent the campfire forum much, much less for quite some time now. Actually, rather seldom. This and a few other threads today show it hasn't changed much. Has everyone managed to make it on everyone's chit list yet? I'm sure that I am on more than a few of them. <grin>

Tragic for the kids and families involved in this event is all I will say. I hope they manage to overcome it.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 264mag, 17CalFan, 29 invisible), 1,337 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,981
Posts18,519,963
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.