Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As is your drivel.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick

If Greg knew this woman well, he sure as hell knew her situation. I dont know about you, or anyone else, but I sure as hell wouldnt be alone, at that time of night, with a woman separated from a crazy ex....sorry, but I dont do stupid schit like that. Either way, whether sexually involved or not, he put himself in a situation that ended in his death. A little common sense goes a long [bleep] way.

Apparently, this is rocket science to some.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here is a novel idea: Let's let the investigators figure it out

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Just wondering.........

How many of you guys would meet a married woman at a location away from her home late in the evening, have a drink or two with her, and NOT feel like a trespasser?

We will just assume she never informed her husband about this meeting in advance since he came in shooting.

That being said........ It's no excuse for murder in this case or any other.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gitem_12

When the day arrives that they find my corpse the investigators are gonna have a LOT of suspects.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I'll second that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tx270
And I'm not naive, something may have been going. But without knowing one way or the other, I'm not going to run someone's name into the ground.

The ones who are,are hoping something was going on and it comes out so they can pound on their little [bleep] chests and say "I told you so, I told you so!" and feel good about themselves.

Bill

No ones hoping anything. Doesnt matter if he was screwing her or not. She had a crazy husband. Do you knowingly put yourself in stupid situations and not expect anything to happen? Tip for ya, if youre gonna meet a woman dealing with domestic issues, meet her in public...better yet pick up the phone! Meet her alone late at night and you better expect the worst.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Just wondering.........

How many of you guys would meet a married woman at a location away from her home late in the evening, have a drink or two with her, and NOT feel like a trespasser?

We will just assume she never informed her husband about this meeting in advance since he came in shooting.

That being said........ It's no excuse for murder in this case or any other.

I would.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although this might have been a perfectly innocent meeting, it lends itself to tragedy by it's very situation created.

We have a violent estranged husband, his wife...possibly abused, and a late-night celebrity male visitor.

As our many LEO here can attest, this is a recipe for tragedy, no matter how innocent it might have been.

We need to focus now on the victims and keep them in our thoughts. The children of both families have lost their fathers.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lolol

You're an ornery sob.

Wish I could take you drinking with us later today.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
And I'm not naive, something may have been going. But without knowing one way or the other, I'm not going to run someone's name into the ground.

The ones who are,are hoping something was going on and it comes out so they can pound on their little [bleep] chests and say "I told you so, I told you so!" and feel good about themselves.

Bill

No ones hoping anything. Doesnt matter if he was screwing her or not. She had a crazy husband. Do you knowingly put yourself in stupid situations and not expect anything to happen? Tip for ya, if youre gonna meet a woman dealing with domestic issues, meet her in public...better yet pick up the phone! Meet her alone late at night and you better expect the worst.

My post was not directed at anyone who think that this situation was not a good idea. I agree.
It was directed at the ones who are convinced something was going on without knowing.
And yes, there are some here who are hoping something was going on to validate their opinion. Sick, but true.

Bill

Last edited by tx270; 03/09/13.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rrroae
lolol

You're an ornery sob.

Wish I could take you drinking with us later today.

I'm gonna go check my prairie dog spot. You're invited.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Bill

No ones hoping anything. Doesnt matter if he was screwing her or not. She had a crazy husband. Do you knowingly put yourself in stupid situatioGns and not expect anything to happen? Tip for ya, if youre gonna meet a woman dealing with domestic issues, meet her in public...better yet pick up the phone! Meet her alone late at night and you better expect the worst.

OK. That's about enough with the common sense. This is an admiration thread for a fallen mentor. Get with the program......will ya?

Last edited by Bullcamp82834; 03/09/13.

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My post has nothing to do with making Greg look bad , i didn't know the man . I just look at the obvious.. I think a lot of the peoples one sided thinking is just because he was Magazine Hack and Celebrity . I could care less if he was innocence or getting him a little on the side, either way it got him dead.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having worked for many years on sportsmen's interests at our gun club, with state orgs and with national orgs, I've spent huge amounts of time alone with married women who are also engaged in furthering those same interests.

Thus far no one has decided to shoot at me, or them.

While I've found many of these women attractive, doesn't mean I'm gonna take a whack at any of them. One woman at home, is enough for me.

And yes, I believe men and women can work together without dirty minds spreading idle gossip, destroying professional relationships.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dubePA
Having worked for many years on sportsmen's interests at our gun club, with state orgs and with national orgs, I've spent huge amounts of time alone with married women who are also engaged in furthering those same interests.

While I've found many of these women attractive, doesn't mean I'm gonna take a whack at any of them. One woman at home, is enough for me.

And yes, I believe men and women can work together without dirty minds spreading idle gossip, destroying professional relationships.

you can meet a hundred different women with no problem, but it only takes one jealous husband to put you under. Meet them in a public place to conduct your business not at their home in the middle of the night. Just common sense , unless you have something else in mind with her and it still wouldn't be at her home.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad deal for those left behind for sure.

But where was all this righteous moral indignation when on another thread, someone claimed there was no holocaust and a few folks had less than stellar praise for our Jewish brothers?

Some of the very same ones on here preaching, were bashing Jews or defending those who did on the other thread.

Funny how one's righteous indignation can be so selective.

I guess we all have it to some degree. When people were cracking Chavez death jokes, I didn't step up to the plate and defend him and probably would have joined in, but was unable to think of a funny, Dead Hugo joke at the time.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by dubePA

May be the area you are in.I can guarantee you that 9 out of 10 men in this part of the country can see how a late night meeting in a private home with a married woman can get you shot.

You may never take a whack at any of them but putting yourself in a situation where whacking is an option is never a good idea.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And you don't know what the husband knew, possibly she told him about the business meeting and he imagined something else... i.e. rushed in blazing.

Yep. How do you reckon he knew where to find them? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 60 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,590
Posts18,532,420
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.