Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
i find it interesting that the most violent among us tend to prefer the same characteristic in their dogs. Those same dogs (pit bulls) you will NEVER see used as working dogs as they cannot be controlled.

Very unstable animals that seem to emulate their owners. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
x2

stumpy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've related the death and destruction wrought by those infernal dogs before so I won't do so again, but if EVER one moves into my neighborhood and gets loose, I'm not going with a light rifle:

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Why is it always them dang bassets hounds?
When a Basset Hound goes bad, there might be a bite followed by a retreat, not a determined attack.

As a percentage of their numbers, all factors being equal, Pitbulls are less likely than the vast majority of breeds to inappropriately attack a human being. When they do decide to attack, however, they do so with great determination (surpassing any other breed) and very effectively, thus the more severe consequences to the victims.

Show me the numbers.
I'm offering you my expert judgment on the matter, based on real experience, and I have no doubt about it based on that. A study would require placing thousands of young puppies of various breeds into qualified homes at random and then following them. Alternatively, you could use the sociological method of research, and search backwards for your qualified sample groups. But I already know what the results of such studies would be from my own experience. The difference in temperament is extreme, i.e., the pure pits I've owned, raised from young puppies, have been so superior in temperament (regarding stability around and towards human beings) to any other breed I've dealt with as to eliminate any doubt as to the above judgment, and I've observed the same from Pitbulls similarly raised by others in proper homes.

Keep in mind that the overwhelmingly vast majority of Pitbulls kept in normal homes as pets never, in their entire lives, cause injury to anyone. You folks are falling victim to sensationalism.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NeBassman
I can't imagine, in today's litigious society, why someone would tell police that their dog has never before shown any aggression towards human beings. smirk

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I can't imagine, in today's litigious society, why someone would own one of those pieces of [bleep].

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Never. Not necessary, due to the fear their mere appearance evokes in those with evil intentions.

Laughin'...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Never. Not necessary, due to the fear their mere appearance evokes in those with evil intentions.

Laughin'...

Travis
It's the truth. I see it all the time.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Laughin'...

Travis
It's the truth. I see it all the time.

You see people with evil intentions exhibit fear from your dog?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by mdv1state
I can't imagine, in today's litigious society, why someone would own one of those pieces of [bleep].
they scare away possible intruders by being so sweet. They just look mean. grin

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My favorite baby killer.
[Linked Image]

You will notice her soft and shiny coat which is maintained with the blood of small children. Luckily I live across the street from and elementary school, which provides Penny dog with a steady supply of sustenance.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Laughin'...

Travis

My pup is more of a people magnet than anything. Having said that, I wouldn't want to kick in a door or window after hearing her on the other side. Caution: Intruders will be licked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada,
September 1982 to December 31, 2012

The combination of large molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, and their mixes:

79% of attacks that induce bodily harm
72% of attacks to children
85% of attack to adults
69% of attacks that result in fatalities
77% that result in maiming

dog bite stats for the blind

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
i find it interesting that the most violent among us tend to prefer the same characteristic in their dogs. Those same dogs (pit bulls) you will NEVER see used as working dogs as they cannot be controlled.
Sorry, TAK, but anyone with actual experience with the breed understands your statement to be utterly absurd.

I wish the goldens that my family has had would have been as easy to train as the pit that I have now. To be fair though, I have learned a few things about dogs along the way to this dog that I have now. I doubt I will ever (willingly) be without a pit again. I pray that when Feinstein gets done with high capacity magazines she doesn't come after my dogs of mass destruction.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I'm offering you my expert judgment on the matter, based on real experience, and I have no doubt about it based on that. A study would require placing thousands of young puppies of various breeds into qualified homes at random and then following them.

I'm sorry, but you made a blanket statement that you have nothing in your pocket to back up.

NOTHING!

That makes you a sorry ass douche that's talking out his ass.

Go away and find the numbers or STFU with the pit bulls are cuddly little critters just raised by bad people [bleep]. You and every bleeping apologist for those things ought to be euthanized with them.

What [bleep] part of unprovoked attacks are not part of most breed's character can't you get into you feeble brain? What part of rational behavior ie bite and back off can't you comprehend? With what we understand, normal people's first reaction to any aggression from a pit bull whatsoever is that the dog should die right now. A setter barking at someone is an entirely different proposition than a dog that may well go into attack mode. You might be stupid enough to believe that all these reports of unprovoked attacks are either false or just result from dogs raised by bad people with evil intent. Don't be so [bleep] stupid and insulting as to think that the rest of us are that [bleep] dumb though.

Any pit that shows even the least sign of aggression for any reason whatsoever ought to be killed immediately. No discussion. No second chance. No equivocating over how aggressive or why. Until you [bleep] who keep apologizing for the breed clean it up there damn well ought be no tolerance.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a perfect answer

Citation: PAYETTE COUNTY, ID., COUNTY CODE � 5-5-11 (2007)

Summary: It is unlawful for any person to own, possess, keep, exercise control over, maintain, harbor, transport, buy or sell a pit bull within Payette County, Idaho, with exceptions for police, humane societies, and dogs registered prior to the date of enactment. Owners of such dogs must provide proof of rabies vaccination, sterilization, keep $1 million liability insurance, have a a microchip ID chip implanted in the dog, and pay an annual pit bull license fee. The dog must also be kept confined with a �Pit Bull Dog� sign posted on the premises. Dogs whose owners are not in compliance are subject to impoundment and destruction. Additionally, a pit bull exempt from the ban is subsumed to be a dangerous dog

7. Any dog that is an American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Presa Canario (Canary Island dog), Cane Corso (Italian mastiff), Dogo Argentino (Argentinean mastiff), Fila Brazileiro (Brazilian mastiff), Japanese Tosa (Japanese mastiff) or any dog exhibiting those distinguishing characteristics which substantially conform to the standards established by the American Kennel Club or United Kennel Club for any of the above breeds, if any, or any mixed breed of dog which contains as an element of its breeding the breed of American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Presa Canario (Canary Island dog), Cane Corso (Italian mastiff), Dogo Argentino (Argentinean mastiff), Fila Brazileiro (Brazilian mastiff), or Japanese Tosa (Japanese mastiff) as to be identifiable as partially of the breed of American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Presa Canario (Canary Island dog), Cane Corso (Italian mastiff), Dogo Argentino (Argentinian mastiff), Fila Brazileiro (Brazilian mastiff), or Japanese Tosa (Japanese mastiff) by a qualified veterinarian duly licensed as such by the state of Idaho; or

http://www.animallaw.info/local/lousidpayettecountybsl.htm

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 700LH

Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada,
September 1982 to December 31, 2012

The combination of large molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, and their mixes:

79% of attacks that induce bodily harm
72% of attacks to children
85% of attack to adults
69% of attacks that result in fatalities
77% that result in maiming

dog bite stats for the blind

I've been bitten twice by dogs in my life. One was an ill tempered springer spaniel that we picked up from the dog pound. The other was from a beagle, but I was a stupid kid and deserved that one. Niether of these bites was reported to anyone, so that goes to show how your statistics are not scientific (76% of all statistics are made up.). But, there is no denying that when a pit does attack, chances are high that things will be bad. They are a very determined and powerful breed. This situation is very similar to a nutcase that shoots up a school. Most people are good. Many good people own 30 round mags. When somebody goes crazy with a rifle/pistol made ready with a high cap magazine, things can be very bad. So should we ban high cap mags? Should we shoot any person that we know to own a high cap magazine when they stroll by your driveway? Of course not.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
This is a perfect answer

Citation: PAYETTE COUNTY, ID., COUNTY CODE � 5-5-11 (2007)

Summary: It is unlawful for any person to own, possess, keep, exercise control over, maintain, harbor, transport, buy or sell a pit bull within Payette County, Idaho, with exceptions for police, humane societies, and dogs registered prior to the date of enactment. Owners of such dogs must provide proof of rabies vaccination, sterilization, keep $1 million liability insurance, have a a microchip ID chip implanted in the dog, and pay an annual pit bull license fee. The dog must also be kept confined with a �Pit Bull Dog� sign posted on the premises. Dogs whose owners are not in compliance are subject to impoundment and destruction. Additionally, a pit bull exempt from the ban is subsumed to be a dangerous dog

7. Any dog that is an American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Presa Canario (Canary Island dog), Cane Corso (Italian mastiff), Dogo Argentino (Argentinean mastiff), Fila Brazileiro (Brazilian mastiff), Japanese Tosa (Japanese mastiff) or any dog exhibiting those distinguishing characteristics which substantially conform to the standards established by the American Kennel Club or United Kennel Club for any of the above breeds, if any, or any mixed breed of dog which contains as an element of its breeding the breed of American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Presa Canario (Canary Island dog), Cane Corso (Italian mastiff), Dogo Argentino (Argentinean mastiff), Fila Brazileiro (Brazilian mastiff), or Japanese Tosa (Japanese mastiff) as to be identifiable as partially of the breed of American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, Presa Canario (Canary Island dog), Cane Corso (Italian mastiff), Dogo Argentino (Argentinian mastiff), Fila Brazileiro (Brazilian mastiff), or Japanese Tosa (Japanese mastiff) by a qualified veterinarian duly licensed as such by the state of Idaho; or

http://www.animallaw.info/local/lousidpayettecountybsl.htm

So you're a nanny state liberal. Good to know.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When's the last headline you read "Beagle kills woman"

WakeTFU

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 14,459 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,166
Posts18,542,939
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.