Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Golden Retrievers have maimed and killed several people. Google it. For the record, I love goldens, a lot. You are just like your friend Dianne from California.

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 700LH

Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada,
September 1982 to December 31, 2012

The combination of large molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, and their mixes:

79% of attacks that induce bodily harm
72% of attacks to children
85% of attack to adults
69% of attacks that result in fatalities
77% that result in maiming

dog bite stats for the blind
Its not fair to throw facts into the face of BS.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
My favorite baby killer.
[Linked Image]

You will notice her soft and shiny coat which is maintained with the blood of small children. Luckily I live across the street from and elementary school, which provides Penny dog with a steady supply of sustenance.
She's a beauty.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've been bitten twice by dogs in my life. One was an ill tempered springer spaniel that we picked up from the dog pound. The other was from a beagle, but I was a stupid kid and deserved that one.
I've been bit twice, myself, once by a German Shepherd and once by a Boxer.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I've related the death and destruction wrought by those infernal dogs before so I won't do so again, but if EVER one moves into my neighborhood and gets loose, I'm not going with a light rifle:

[Linked Image]

I'm with ya.

Like Elmer Keith used to say, "big bullets for big game."

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
�I just couldn't understand why he wouldn't stop, how come he was, why was he continuing to tear at her when she was bloody, she was on the ground. I mean you could tell, she was just helpless,� Thompson said.

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I inherited a mix pit and something else maybe lab not a bad dog reasonable temper thanks again kids... one day I was going out to my car and there sitting next to my dog was a crop eared male pit that was twice the size of my dog. It got up and walked toward me as I headed to my car, I pulled my CCW Glock 19 and trained it on the dog, it closed on me, growled when it was about 5 foot away and launched itself. The 115 grain +P+ Federal HP entered its head directly between and just above the eyes and went straight down its neck into its body, the bullet did not exit and the dog landed at my feet quite dead. My neighbor a policeman told me the same dog had attacked him during his morning run and he pepper sprayed it. Drug folks raise them and then when they get mean or do something to the drug family often they take them out and just let them go.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I've been bitten twice by dogs in my life. One was an ill tempered springer spaniel that we picked up from the dog pound. The other was from a beagle, but I was a stupid kid and deserved that one.
Messed you up though, didn't they? You should be thankful. A Pit would have crippled you.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/15/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
i find it interesting that the most violent among us tend to prefer the same characteristic in their dogs. Those same dogs (pit bulls) you will NEVER see used as working dogs as they cannot be controlled.
Sorry, TAK, but anyone with actual experience with the breed understands your statement to be utterly absurd.

Yeah TAK, that is why all the cattle dogs and sheep dogs have been put down...all the cockies around here are using pitbulls because of their loving, caring, nature.

TRH, you are such a goose at times.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I'm offering you my expert judgment on the matter...

You are an insufferably arrogant twit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I inherited a mix pit and something else maybe lab not a bad dog reasonable temper thanks again kids... one day I was going out to my car and there sitting next to my dog was a crop eared male pit that was twice the size of my dog. It got up and walked toward me as I headed to my car, I pulled my CCW Glock 19 and trained it on the dog, it closed on me, growled when it was about 5 foot away and launched itself. The 115 grain +P+ Federal HP entered its head directly between and just above the eyes and went straight down its neck into its body, the bullet did not exit and the dog landed at my feet quite dead. My neighbor a policeman told me the same dog had attacked him during his morning run and he pepper sprayed it. Drug folks raise them and then when they get mean or do something to the drug family often they take them out and just let them go.
[quote=jimmyp]

Ask Hawk why so many fruit cakes and druggies and homies own pit bulls.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I almost put down a pit in my driveway last summer. Everything happened very quickly and ended just as fast. Luckily the dog turned away before I got my 38 out of my pocket. I have had several run ins with this dog. The owners are trashy and breed these animals for money. Their dogs stay chained up in the front yard or in the back yard with no human interaction. The big male has been in my back yard twice after ripping through their wooden privacy fence. It's just a matter of time until something happens with their dogs. But, I don't blame the dogs for the neglect they receive from their owners. It is amazing that animal control has not taken the dogs away from them given the number of times they have dealt with these people and the obvious conditions that persist there.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Ive been bitten a schittload of times by German Shepherds grin And a schittload of times by Malinois grin grin
[Linked Image]

That said Ive liked every Pit I have come in contact with...dont like them enough to own one, buttttttt......

I would agree with those who have said the dogs are handled/trained to reflect their owners......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
pits and rots = meat if they show up in my yard. i think most people that own nasty dogs are making up for their own small peckers. and i write this as i watch my beagle snore on the couch beside me.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Drug folks raise them and then when they get mean or do something to the drug family often they take them out and just let them go.
Actually, in the ghetto culture, the first thing they do with a puppy Pitbull (especially if they're involved in drug dealing, but even absent that factor) is to set about "making them mean." They have a whole procedure for this, involving staking them down by a rope or chain and having buddies from other neighborhoods come by and strike the dog with a broom from time to time. When the dog finally gets enough of it and drives aggressively towards them in an effort to bite, the agitator runs away in pretended terror and leaves. This does two things: firstly it teaches the dog that most strangers will try to hurt them, given the chance, and secondly, that aggression towards said strangers is the solution. Pitbulls trained this way are unsafe around anyone but their owners, and not even completely with them. Pitbulls raised as family pets, on the other hand, typically have the attitude of never having met a stranger, i.e., they want to be friends with everyone they're introduced to, and most that they haven't been introduced to, also.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Drug folks raise them and then when they get mean or do something to the drug family often they take them out and just let them go.
Actually, in the ghetto culture, the first thing they do with a puppy Pitbull (especially if they're involved in drug dealing, but even absent that factor) is to set about "making them mean." They have a whole procedure for this, involving staking them down by a rope and having buddies from other neighborhoods come by and strike the dog with a broom from time to time. When the dog finally gets enough of it and drives aggressively towards them in an effort to bite, the agitator runs away in pretended terror and leaves. This does two things: firstly it teaches the dog that most strangers will try to hurt them, given the chance, and secondly, that aggression towards them is the solution.

Did a negro in a pickup truck stop and tell you that bit of wisdom or are you a natural born expert on "ghetto culture"?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
Messed you up though, didn't they? You should be thankful. A Pit would have crippled you.
No doubt.

PS The Boxer bit my hand, and the German Shepherd sunk its fangs in over my right kidney. Got all the scars still, too.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by eyeball
[quote=jimmyp]I inherited a mix pit and something else maybe lab not a bad dog reasonable temper thanks again kids... one day I was going out to my car and there sitting next to my dog was a crop eared male pit that was twice the size of my dog. It got up and walked toward me as I headed to my car, I pulled my CCW Glock 19 and trained it on the dog, it closed on me, growled when it was about 5 foot away and launched itself. The 115 grain +P+ Federal HP entered its head directly between and just above the eyes and went straight down its neck into its body, the bullet did not exit and the dog landed at my feet quite dead. My neighbor a policeman told me the same dog had attacked him during his morning run and he pepper sprayed it. Drug folks raise them and then when they get mean or do something to the drug family often they take them out and just let them go.

Ask Hawk why so many fruit cakes and druggies and homies own pit bulls.

I don't think anyone is disputing the physical potential of a pit bull, if that is what you're getting at. I just think that it is ignorant to generalize the entire breed as uncontrollable man eaters. I used to have a fear for the breed myself, until I actualy spent some time around a few. I have seen good pits and bad. One looks at the owners is usually all it takes to get a good idea of any dogs demeanor. Pits can make some very good family dogs. If you don't like pits, don't get one. If you have a dog running through your property and you want to shoot it, that's your poragative.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Someone asked why pits aren't used as bomb dogs and the like. I know pits are used as service dogs for a few things, but I have never seen a lousier nose on a dog than what my pup exhibits. She marks very well though. smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I had a pit. Great dog. Until he wasn't.

Then I Glocked that [bleep].

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 14,604 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,807
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.