Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
People with inconsistent views on freedom and gov't regulation, depending on what they personally like, or don't like, demonstrate precisely why we have the gov't we have.
Principals before personalities, people.
guns don't have brains and are under the control of a human. Pits often have a brain malfunctioning brain from generations of breeding and too often are not controlled by a human also with a malfunctioning brain.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eyeball
so we should put up with a breed of dog unless it kills as many people as Pol Pot, or Stalin or hitler, right hawk.

reductio ad absurdum

You don't want your freedoms infringed? Don't infringe on others.
Don't want a pit bull, don't get one.
One trespasses on your property, kill it.
Hold owners accountable, a lot of people won't own them.
Let the market rule.
Pretty simple

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I've related the death and destruction wrought by those infernal dogs before so I won't do so again, but if EVER one moves into my neighborhood and gets loose, I'm not going with a light rifle:

[Linked Image]

Where's the limber for that thing?

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It's a scientifically proven fact that selective breeding has a measurable effect on the disposition and preferences of animals. Pit lovers too often deny that fact. Some strains of hounds prefer foxes while others of the same breed were more interested in bear or cats or even deer (years ago). Pointers and setters have a thing about upland birds. Pits were bred to lick trespassers to death and at the same time to "look" mean and scare them away. crazy (well, according to a real pit expert who would get rich from writing a book on this rare, valuable, and unique quality if he had the time). whistle

Last edited by eyeball; 03/16/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
guns don't have brains and are under the control of a human. Pits often have a brain malfunctioning brain from generations of breeding and too often are not controlled by a human also with a malfunctioning brain.

Animals also should be under the control of their owners, and those owners be held accountable if they don't have that control.

It scares me to hear gun advocates using the same arguments as anti gunners, whom we universally ridicule and hold up for contempt, for something they don't like.

Rationalize it all you want, it's still the same thought process.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's easy to say here on the forum, not so easy for the 70 year old grandma that was innocently walking down the street with her 6 year old granddaughter to say! Dum [bleep] owning chit eaters all to often infringe on the safety of the innocent, and were arguing about rights and comparing inanimate objects (guns) to in some cases beasts that act and think seperately from the humans that own them!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Equating pits to guns is [bleep] retarded. It's an emotional response by estrogen laden fools, rather than an intellectual argument.

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the owner can't control the animal, hold the owner accountable. Just like a firearm abuser.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If the owner can't control the animal, hold the owner accountable. Just like a firearm abuser.

Dudes....I think this man has a very valid point.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Equating an inanimate object (gun) to a pet lion or dog (uh, those are animate) reveals the true, sad mental condition of too many pit owners.

Guns ALWAYS act in concert with the bearers actions while pet lions, dogs or snakes -not so much.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
IIRC, Hawk, you have previously indicated on another pit thread, how proud, superior, smug you feel going to the dog park and having all the others give way to your passage and defer to your course of travel with your pit on leash. It's the same as with the majority of killer dog owners -getting proud (hard) wherever possible.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Last edited by Ghostinthemachine; 03/16/13.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If ya need a fightin dog, IMO, you're wantin a dick extender. Pathetic. But, your right.

I am all for rights AND responsibilities. Can ya bring small children back to life?
How about reconfiguring their mutilated faces and bodies? And memories, if they have any.

If we have to tolerate this foolishness, as a society, ownership should be established legally at transfer and then owners should face charges just as if they perpetrated the crime. Your dog kills, you fry. I mean, really. Your dog mutilates, you do 20 in the pen. No BS. No parole. None of this civil justice where ya can't get blood from a turnip stuff. I want owners to go to prison if such a dog is found roaming the neighborhood - ever - once. This cavalier approach to the lives of others is revolting, selfish and at best, delusional.

I am just as generous, in spirit, about drunks drivers. Oh, I know, they are fun guys and others should just watch out for them. They never meant to hurt anyone, just havin a little fun.

If you major Pit advocates could see what this looks like in three D and color, I would hope you would get sick and grow up. If not, you are hopeless.

Taking chances with other's lives should come at a VERY VERY HIGH premium.

This is your little Suzy or Grandma we are talkin about. Stretch your imagination.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ingwe

Dudes....I think this man has a very valid point.....
I agree. The owner of a pit that kills a human should be put down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw the JRT shaking the rat on the YouTube video. My JRT is twice the size of those and will shake and kill a feral house cat with the same vigor. Imagine a pit bull shaking an infant in that manner. That's what the gruesome attacks look like when they happen. Just as fierce and just as furious when they happen, so fast that it's over before one even attempts to stop it.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
If ya need a fightin dog, IMO, you're wantin a dick extender. Pathetic. But, your right.

I am all for rights AND responsibilities. Can ya bring small children back to life?
How about reconfiguring their mutilated faces and bodies? And memories, if they have any.

If we have to tolerate this foolishness, as a society, ownership should be established legally at transfer and then owners should face charges just as if they perpetrated the crime. Your dog kills, you fry. I mean, really. Your dog mutilates, you do 20 in the pen. No BS. No parole. None of this civil justice where ya can't get blood from a turnip stuff. I want owners to go to prison if such a dog is found roaming the neighborhood - ever - once. This cavalier approach to the lives of others is revolting, selfish and at best, delusional.

I agree fully.

MAGA
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Guns ALWAYS act in concert with the bearers actions while pet lions, dogs or snakes -not so much.

However, in this country dogs are universally regarded as 'property', so the liability still rests with the owner of that property.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

I agree fully.

Me too...big time.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by highridge1
gun lovers could see news story after news story about guns killing and severely injuring kids and will still ramble on from there worthless mouths about how guns are great weapons. Why?? Because they are Douchebags.... It takes a mentally ill person to stick up for a gun that kills little kids and innocent people.

How's that read to you?
Good luck cutting through this level of blindness, but good effort.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Don't know if you guys have seen this one from a few days ago. But when I saw it on national news I thought.....bet money its a Pit before I even could verify it, based on behavior alone. Defend them [bleep] all u want but IMO theres no turning back for the breed.

http://gothamist.com/2013/03/13/video_pit_bull_comes_out_of_nowhere.php
And yet, amazingly, the overwhelmingly vast majority of Pitbulls have never harmed a single human being. Must be magic involved in it somehow.
most drunk drivers have never harmed anyone. Fact.
And unless a "drunk" driver actually drives recklessly, they should be left alone.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 14,627 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,168
Posts18,542,964
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.