Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
6mm250 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Take a pic right now and save it to your computer. Then upload it to PB. It will be saved as the most recent pic in your library.

No it won't. I took 6 pics "right now" , saved them to my computer , uploaded to Photo Bucket. Two of the pictures ended up in the middle of page 32 of my pictures on Photo Bucket and the other 4 pictures were in the middle of page 33.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, that is odd.

My PB account stores pics in order of when they were taken/stored on my computer.

I also do not have individual pages on my account(new version). Just have to scroll down to get through the library.

Your's is obviously setup differently.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've recently received a couple of emails from Photobucket concerning their new format, one on which was a survey requesting user input/suggestions on their new changes.

I would assume other Photobucket users have received this same email survey as well.

I know I don't use Photobucket nearly as much as I used to.

An odd problem I've been having for some time now is whenever I post multiple photo's stored in my Photobucket album to a post at 24HourCampfire, the photo's show up in my post lined up horizontally rather than stacked vertically like other members photo's do.

I can't figure out whether this is a problem with my own PC settings, settings at Photobucket, or the Campfire settings.

I can post YouTube video's one after another and they always stack up vertically as they should but for some reason my own photo's do not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gave up on photobucket a couple of years ago and switched to imageshack.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Setup albums, download pictures to PB then put in album. You know what your looking for so you can go to that album and there they are. I didn't like it when they changed to the new format either, but once everything was put into albums its fine.
Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Glock2240
Setup albums, download pictures to PB then put in album. You know what your looking for so you can go to that album and there they are. I didn't like it when they changed to the new format either, but once everything was put into albums its fine.
Tim
Good and helpful post - you beat me to the suggestion. This is what I had to do with the "new" PB setup in order to track my stuff - seems to work fine. Just takes a bit of getting oriented - and more time. Try it - good luck.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Glock2240
Tim
Good and helpful post - you beat me to the suggestion. This is what I had to do with the "new" PB setup in order to track my stuff - seems to work fine. Just takes a bit of getting oriented - and more time. Try it - good luck.

I've got the PB premier account that you do pay an annual fee for. The recent PB layout change did NOT make me very happy but have learned, as mentioned above, to navigate the new configuration. When you set up your PB account with albums and sub-albums you have a lot better organization and ability to find the stored pictures you want.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I've resisted the new Photobucket as long as I could but it looks as if March 18th is the last day I'll have the option of using the old site.

No help on your question though Mike.

Dang that sucks. I changed it but got it back, if I understand it it changes for everyone. Perhaps I too will move my stuff.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Never had a problem with the new format..didnt like it at first but it works fine if you spend 5 min learning how to use it..folks like to bitch tho i guess

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have a Premier account and find out that there is no more slide show.I do not mind paying and as soon as I find a site that is user friendly,I am bailing!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Emailing PB customer support ,they told me the contract for the old version ran out with no renewal so only the new version is accesible now.

Here is the link to hier customer suppot.

http://support.photobucket.com/home

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/17/13.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Meaning what exactly?

Meaning that when you buy a product, you're paying for the costs (including advertising) of producing, marketing, and distributing that product.

If you don't buy a product, you're not paying for any of those costs, including advertising. If you don't buy a product, but you use Photobucket, you're not paying for Photobucket.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by smokepole
Only in America can people get righteously indignant about the quality of a service they pay nothing for......
Ha true, but I think people are just wondering why photobucket wasted time and effort to make it less user friendly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just tried the new configuration.

Clicked on the "Library" tab up top, there appeared a familiar list of albums. Opened one at random to test, opened a single image from it at random to test. There it was, with URL to cut and paste.

[Linked Image]

Seems to work fine.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gohip
Ha true, but I think people are just wondering why photobucket wasted time and effort to make it less user friendly.

Yes, I also wonder why they did that. I don't feel entitled to rage/rant about it though. I'll either figure it out or move on to another free service.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Just tried the new configuration.

Clicked on the "Library" tab up top, there appeared a familiar list of albums. Opened one at random to test, opened a single image from it at random to test. There it was, with URL to cut and paste.

[Linked Image]

Seems to work fine.

Birdwatcher

If you have more than 50 pictures stored, it isn't so easy. It can take several hours to open your library to view or copy any of those pictures. Since the new format, I haven't gotten more than halfway through the library, and while the pictures are trying to download in your computer, it slows your whole computer down. It still sucks, free or not...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
It can take several hours to open your library to view or copy any of those pictures. Since the new format, I haven't gotten more than halfway through the library, and while the pictures are trying to download in your computer, it slows your whole computer down. It still sucks, free or not...

I agree with the above. If you're like me though, you've uploaded a few hundred photos that you haven't touched in years. I'm not sure it's their responsibility to provide unlimited storage to everyone who wants it, but the marketplace will dictate, as it should.

In other words, if/when people get fed up with it, they can vote with their feet. Or just stay there, put up with it, and rant/rage.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe the new changes to Photobucket were brought about to enhance the imbedded penis detection software the company uses

while it may slow down the service and causes some "issues" it will protect the world when miles mass uploads the Campfire Hog Hunt afterparty pics

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seminole39
I believe the new changes to Photobucket were brought about to enhance the imbedded penis detection software the company uses

while it may slow down the service and causes some "issues" it will protect the world when miles mass uploads the Campfire Hog Hunt afterparty pics
actually, I was simply hoping for a generic "i hate retards"

but that'll work

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If the album is huge (like one of mine is) then it's impossible to get to the middle of the album, the computer will lock up or photobucket will reset. You can set the settings to read oldest to newest or newest to oldest, so you can get to your oldest or newest, but those ones in the middle of the album... forget about it, unless you have all day to try, and retry, and try again....

The new photobucket sucks bad.

Something clever here.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,087
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.